PDA

View Full Version : Electroplankton

navci
Mar 9, 2006, 11:08 PM
I just finally got it! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Who has it? I am interested in what you all think about it. What is your favourite?

Share!

roygbiv
Mar 9, 2006, 11:09 PM
Could you please explain to us what this is? I am oblivious. =/

Skorpius
Mar 9, 2006, 11:25 PM
On 2006-03-09 20:09, roygbiv wrote:
Could you please explain to us what this is? I am oblivious. =/

It's a DS game that was only available through Nintendo's online store. Limited time offer, I believe.

Oh yeah, has something to do with music, or something.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2006-03-09 20:25 ]</font>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 9, 2006, 11:47 PM
Psychadelic yadda yadda unable to explain sort of game.

Not quite the gameplay of that kickass Rez on Dreamcast(Yeah, I said DC) but its a little tool that musicians use in live shows even.

Squiggle your stylus around and make all kinds of sounds, but people may spite it for not having and end goal in mind.

No matter, it is what it is, not what you want it to be.

Last I checked up on it, the Japanese versions were backordered. :/

Hope this isn't Ace Attorney type shortages.

Edit: I put a C in live? CLIVE Barker? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif
And meant to say DC had good games like REZ.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2006-03-10 02:26 ]</font>

EJ
Mar 9, 2006, 11:47 PM
It is also available in the nintendo's store here in NYC.

But basic it a music game that you can make music with it actually a little interesting from what i played in the nintendo store.

Edit: my grammar sucks :/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ForceEJ on 2006-03-09 20:55 ]</font>

Eihwaz
Mar 9, 2006, 11:54 PM
Navi has a DS? What other games do you have? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Electroplankton does indeed look interesting, but it's not very high on my DS Want List. Currently at the top of said list are Metroid Prime: Hunters, and Tetris DS. Also Meteos, which my lying bastard of a friend did NOT actually send me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2006-03-09 20:54 ]</font>

EJ
Mar 9, 2006, 11:58 PM
Phoenix Wright just stopped being produce which I don't get, I want that game so badly.

If anyone has it can I borrow it if you live in NYC >_>

Firocket1690
Mar 9, 2006, 11:59 PM
I've had the Japanese version for .. Since release day, give/take four days. Even from the packaging of the thing, and free headphones, looks like Iwai put a lot of effort into it.

When I first got it, the first thing I did was bust out the audio cables, and record shit for fun. As of now, I have replaced all the C:WINDOWSMedia files with electroplankton tones.

... Yeah, I'm simple minded like that.

Favorite fishies...
Hanenbow, Marine-Snow, Nanocarp, and Sun-Animalcule, in that order. (Japanese names)

I personally abhor the recording fish. Make me sound all deep and such. >_>

navci
Mar 10, 2006, 12:10 AM
I didn't know it was an online only thing? Because I just got it from my local EB.

I probably should start recording thing. XD
Hm. It would be weird to compare it to Rez because it isn't really similar at all. In Rez, you do have a mission and objective. That you shoot stuff and try not to let stuff shoot you. Yes enjoying the music is a large part of it. But if you don't dodge stuff shooting at you you WILL game over.

Electroplankon is more of a sound toy almost. You poke at things and it makes sound. Not necessarily music. It is just delightful sounds that is fit to be background noises when you're doing nothing really.

I really liked Luminaria and Marine-Snow when I first started out. My favourite right now is Hanebow. You can really do quite a bit with them. Volvoice is only cool if you show it to someone else. XD

rena-ko
Mar 10, 2006, 01:33 AM
hum, sounds like its time to buy a DS then.

Kent
Mar 10, 2006, 05:35 PM
Someone told me they were sending me a copy for a late Christmas present, but it's not here yet. >_>

Outrider
Mar 11, 2006, 08:02 PM
Yeah, it's most certainly not an online-only title.

It was announced as such, but then a bunch of retailers just decided they would start selling it.

One of my music-making friends picked it up, and while I've only looked over his shoulder a few times, it does look pretty cool. I think he's planning on sampling some Electroplankton stuff and seeing if it'll work in any of his songs.

Or maybe I'm just thinking he should do that. Either/or.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Outrider on 2006-03-11 21:47 ]</font>

navci
Mar 11, 2006, 10:57 PM
On 2006-03-11 17:02, Outrider wrote:

One of my music-making friends picked it up, and while I've only looked over his shoulder a few times, it doesn't look pretty cool. I think he's planning on sampling some Electroplankton stuff and seeing if it'll work in any of his songs.

You didn't like it?
Just need to make sure that's what you're saying.

Outrider
Mar 12, 2006, 12:47 AM
On 2006-03-11 19:57, navci wrote:

On 2006-03-11 17:02, Outrider wrote:

One of my music-making friends picked it up, and while I've only looked over his shoulder a few times, it doesn't look pretty cool. I think he's planning on sampling some Electroplankton stuff and seeing if it'll work in any of his songs.

You didn't like it?
Just need to make sure that's what you're saying.

GAH!

No, not at all. I probably meant "does look pretty cool."

Jeez, thanks for pointing that out. I'd hate to say I dislike a game when I actually think it's pretty cool.

Now to just edit in the fix...