Daikarin
Mar 10, 2006, 07:38 AM
1) Visit http://www.google.com;

2) On the textbox, write "PS3 release date";

3) Good luck.

Dangerous55
Mar 10, 2006, 10:06 AM
Never.

It has been cancelled in fear of complete destruction by the Gizmondo. A sad day for a potentially great system but now we can look toward the future with our gaming system Gizmondo.

Nah but really, my guess is September of this year.

GrumblyStuff
Mar 10, 2006, 11:10 AM
Didn't you hear? The PS3 is the new Phantom.

rena-ko
Mar 10, 2006, 11:27 AM
it will be released one or two months after the blueray-comitee finally decides on some final specs.

Kent
Mar 10, 2006, 05:49 PM
Well, to have a good launch, not only is Fall the best time of the year to do it, but you also need some good games with the launch, or said launch is going to fail miserably.

And seeing as the PS3 really only has one interesting, exclusive title... I wouldn't doubt that they're wanting to get Metal Gear Solid 4 out, as close to release as possible. Not to mention all the stuff about their wasted efforts with Blu-Ray. Can Sony even afford to lose as much money as Microsoft is on their systems? I'm not too fond of the idea of a $700 game system, that has almost no interesting games coming to it.

washuguy
Mar 10, 2006, 06:49 PM
?????????????????????? That answer your question? No? to bad...

Skett
Mar 10, 2006, 10:00 PM
It's up in the air right now with many third-party publishers literally guessing. The President of Namco Bandai said that a Spring release is "impossible" and that the publisher is still awaiting information from Sony on the console's release.

Publishers are said to be working towards a Q3/Q4 (Fall/Winter) release for their games. Unless the console gets delayed into 2007 (don't ya hate rumors?), the PS3 will be on a crash-course with the release of Nintendo's Revolution console, also slated for a Fall/Winter release.

Chances are we're going to get the final confirmation at this E3. Just wait two more months.

DizzyDi
Mar 11, 2006, 01:55 PM
I'm a lil scared for Sony and the whole video game industry in general right now. Why I'm scared for Sony is...Well...Secretly I'ma PS fanboy, and I'm afraid they won't be holding the top spot for too long if they keep going in this direction. The PS3's price is sopposed to be high as heck and I'm sure the games will be expensive too. The reason I'm scared for the industry in general? Well cause...Now with all this technology games are ever MORE expensive to make, which will lead developers to pump out even more sequels to ensure they get a profit. No more original games? No, just less of them. No more weird ass games like Killer 7? No, just a helluva lot less of those. Kinda stinky... =(

darthsaber9x9
Mar 11, 2006, 02:07 PM
On 2006-03-11 10:55, DizzyDi wrote:
I'm a lil scared for Sony and the whole video game industry in general right now. Why I'm scared for Sony is...Well...Secretly I'ma PS fanboy, and I'm afraid they won't be holding the top spot for too long if they keep going in this direction. The PS3's price is sopposed to be high as heck and I'm sure the games will be expensive too. The reason I'm scared for the industry in general? Well cause...Now with all this technology games are ever MORE expensive to make, which will lead developers to pump out even more sequels to ensure they get a profit. No more original games? No, just less of them. No more weird ass games like Killer 7? No, just a helluva lot less of those. Kinda stinky... =(

Sequels? Only if you stick with sony. I think they're stifling the videogame market personally. So it's the fault of your beloved sony that the games are getting more expensive to develop, Nintendo at least are finding other ways to advance gaming that doesn't include nothing up the graphics and nothng else.

So there.

Outrider
Mar 11, 2006, 07:58 PM
On 2006-03-11 11:07, darthsaber9x9 wrote:

On 2006-03-11 10:55, DizzyDi wrote:

Sequels? Only if you stick with sony. I think they're stifling the videogame market personally. So it's the fault of your beloved sony that the games are getting more expensive to develop, Nintendo at least are finding other ways to advance gaming that doesn't include nothing up the graphics and nothng else.

So there.

Yeah, except Nintendo probably has the most franchise games out of any developer/publisher. Sure, they start new franchises all the time, but most of them are Mario/Zelda/Metroid/etc related. I understand what you're saying, but I just figured I'd try playing devil's advocate.

Really, everybody is suffering from sequel-itis in some way, shape, or form, but I'm hoping that soon developers will be able to free themselves from it to some extent.

Blitzkommando
Mar 12, 2006, 01:28 PM
I somehow doubt we are entering another early eighties video game crash. Part of the reasoning is that there are more choices today than then, and by choices I mean systems. You also don't have everyone and their dog making games in the garage.

Of course, a $500+ system is just a computer with no upgradability. My feeling is I would just assume put that $500+ into something more than just a DVD/Blueray player and game console as my money is more important to me than that. I realize that new technology has a price, especially considering how much I spend on computer parts. However, $500+ for a system that can only play movies and games comes off as a waste to me. The $300 price tag that the PS2 carried was difficult enough to swallow, but the Xbox 360 and PS3 (supposedly) are asking even more. There's only so much you can squeeze out of a market before it collapses and for me, and a number of people I know, a game system is not the first thing we would spend $500+ just for the hardware.

darthsaber9x9
Mar 12, 2006, 02:39 PM
Yeah, except Nintendo probably has the most franchise games out of any developer/publisher. Sure, they start new franchises all the time, but most of them are Mario/Zelda/Metroid/etc related. I understand what you're saying, but I just figured I'd try playing devil's advocate.

Really, everybody is suffering from sequel-itis in some way, shape, or form, but I'm hoping that soon developers will be able to free themselves from it to some extent.

I see your point on this one. Although at least each new game usually adds something new to the experience.

rena-ko
Mar 15, 2006, 03:21 AM
back on topic: sony officially stated there will be a worldwide release november 2006. lets hope they will have enough units produced until then or the horendous pricetag will rise even further on ebay and the likes.

btw. some analist thinks the pricetag will be 399 US$ at most. that would be at least an agreeable starting price other than the claim of some sony-CEO that the player should think about saving up / take a loan for the PS3.

(source: http://www.gamefront.de)