PDA

View Full Version : It's a marathon that I don't want to finish.

ZaiV2
Mar 10, 2006, 12:43 PM
I think the school year needs to be over. NOW. I've had just about enough of this crap where every day is the same, interactions, classes and all, with only minor differences, and then I wake up and do it all over again. Wake up. Eat breakfast. Get ready for school. Go to school. Talk to some people. Go through some classes. Eat lunch. Talk to some more people. Et Cetera. Go home. Do monumental loads of homework. Eat dinner. Go to bed. Repeat. Monotony is not something I enjoy.

ABDUR101
Mar 10, 2006, 02:23 PM
Well you know what they say, Hell itself is repetition.

navci
Mar 10, 2006, 02:28 PM
Wait till you start work. You can't skip work!

Daikarin
Mar 10, 2006, 02:49 PM
What about working from 8am to 7pm all day with only a 45-minute lunch break? How about paying taxes? How about only getting one month off work for summer and a day or two off for christmas? How about working at weekends? How about having your superiors always harass you with more work, and having to deal with your inferiors not doing it properly? How about arriving at home, when it's dark, to barely spend a few hours with your wife and find your children sleeping already? How about imagining that several days per week? How about going to bed knowing it will all be the same tomorrow? How about paying gas, electrical, food, water and internet bills every month, not mentioning your kids' education and the every once in a while "Dad, can I have some money?" thing? How about having to deal with every crisis at your home, like when a pipe breaks or when the garage door gets jammed? How about getting the house clean up everyday, washing clothes, dishes, carpets, changing bed sheets? How about having to do shopping every 2 days, whenever something is missing at home?

What the hell are you complaining about? That's only the beginning of your life, which is a marathon you'll have to finish anyway.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Daikarin on 2006-03-10 12:08 ]</font>

HUnewearl_Meira
Mar 10, 2006, 04:01 PM
I think it's been sufficiently emphasized that you don't have it so bad. Believe me, you are currently in one of the best times in your life-- it's all downhill from here. Savor it. You don't want it to end. Hell, flunk a year if you have to. Don't let it go so easily.

After this, you're either going to have college or real-world work. College is a bit harder but still enjoyable, but sooner or later, you'll have to get off n00b island and head out into the real world, where you'll be stuck behind a single a desk for eight hours a day, doing a job that drives you crazy. OR... You could end up like my brother-in-law, Jamas, who spent several years of his life working no fewer than 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, working on a printing press that quite accurately threatened to remove life and limb. No days off for weeks at a time. The only reason he's not still doing this, is that his press got shut down and he got promoted to a desk job. Less danger, higher pay, fewer hours-- it's an improvement to his lifestyle, but yet, it's still not as pleasent as what you've got.

You've got friends, you've got free time, you've got something to do everyday. What the hell else could you possibly need?

Sayara
Mar 10, 2006, 04:01 PM
On 2006-03-10 09:43, ZaiV2 wrote:
I think the school year needs to be over. NOW. I've had just about enough of this crap where every day is the same, interactions, classes and all, with only minor differences, and then I wake up and do it all over again. Wake up. Eat breakfast. Get ready for school. Go to school. Talk to some people. Go through some classes. Eat lunch. Talk to some more people. Et Cetera. Go home. Do monumental loads of homework. Eat dinner. Go to bed. Repeat. Monotony is not something I enjoy.

Tired of monotony? Well do something about it! Go to class in beramauda shorts, wear a funny hat. Change your gender. Or anything!

This kinda rant bugs me, cuz i want to be BACK IN highschool now :/