PDA

View Full Version : not "hero", but my "savior"

zwandude15
Mar 10, 2006, 04:48 PM
So my life recently has turned upside down.

I've been kinda doing better in school.

My parents decided to separate about a week ago,

and they still both live here.

My girlfriend is good, but she's always seemingly upset?

I feel pretty crappy other than that though,

kinda like Zach Braff is in "Garden State."

He's kinda too occupied with Portman to worry about things.

"blah" if you will.

Am I going through something I just don't care about?

Or do I want to care about it, but I'm too preoccupied?

Sorry if this sounds like one of those, "sort my life out for me" things Skorp. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Anyone gone through anything like this?

Give me some insight on what I'm up against?

Someone...save me...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zwandude15 on 2006-03-10 13:49 ]</font>

FOAtHeart
Mar 10, 2006, 04:53 PM
Only you can save you.

No one is able to do it for you.
Just do your best.

BogusKun
Mar 10, 2006, 05:09 PM
And please... no Myspace Suicide notes.

I want you to live.

zwandude15
Mar 10, 2006, 05:43 PM
?

do i know you...?

Myspace gets *bleep* after a while...

I always end up here anyway...

EDIT: Post edited for language

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-03-15 11:20 ]</font>

Stan
Mar 10, 2006, 05:47 PM
On 2006-03-10 14:43, zwandude15 wrote:
?

do i know you...?

Myspace gets *bleep* after a while...

I always end up here anyway...

myspace gets *bleep*? could you rephrase that?
And eventhough we don't know you, no suicide notes! Live!

EDIT: Post edited for language.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-03-15 11:21 ]</font>

Skorpius
Mar 10, 2006, 05:56 PM
Everyone thinks their life sucks when they're 15-16.

I'm sorry if that doesn't help anything, but it's true.

BogusKun
Mar 10, 2006, 05:58 PM
You don't know me but we all know Josh Ballard... (Myspace Suicide kid)

Atayin
Mar 10, 2006, 06:04 PM
Sometimes you just have to bear the grit in your teeth through the hard times and remember, no matter how hard things get to try and enjoy yourself. Things may seem topsy-turvy, but they could always be a lot worse. There is peace even in the most harsh of situations... I think that some people call that "Wabi-Sabi".

I never had to deal with my family seperating, but I lost one of my parents while I was in high-school along with several family members including a friend who strangled himself that same year. Everything seemed kind of dazed and surreal for a while. I used to wonder if I was ok, but I just kept dealing with it and eventually everything started making sense again. It wasn't easy, but I think that hanging in there is the most important thing.

I'm not gonna tell my life story, but a lot has happened since then. Gone a lot of places, met a lot of people.. seen a lot of things. I can't personally take credit for anything I've learned, either, but I do know that things have a way of working out. I'm not sure if my saying this helps at all, but for what it's worth- I'm sure that everything is and will really be ok. Even when it seems like things should be going better. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

zwandude15
Mar 11, 2006, 12:20 AM
On 2006-03-10 14:56, Skorpius wrote:
Everyone thinks their life sucks when they're 15-16.

I'm sorry if that doesn't help anything, but it's true.

=/

Acknowledged.

On 2006-03-10 15:04, Atayin wrote:
Sometimes you just have to bear the grit in your teeth through the hard times and remember, no matter how hard things get to try and enjoy yourself. Things may seem topsy-turvy, but they could always be a lot worse. There is peace even in the most harsh of situations... I think that some people call that "Wabi-Sabi".

I never had to deal with my family seperating, but I lost one of my parents while I was in high-school along with several family members including a friend who strangled himself that same year. Everything seemed kind of dazed and surreal for a while. I used to wonder if I was ok, but I just kept dealing with it and eventually everything started making sense again. It wasn't easy, but I think that hanging in there is the most important thing.

I'm not gonna tell my life story, but a lot has happened since then. Gone a lot of places, met a lot of people.. seen a lot of things. I can't personally take credit for anything I've learned, either, but I do know that things have a way of working out. I'm not sure if my saying this helps at all, but for what it's worth- I'm sure that everything is and will really be ok. Even when it seems like things should be going better. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

I suppose I'll wait things out...for a while it seems...

It seems to be getting worse...then better...then more worse...

Unpredictably, though, miracles do happen...I love it when life gives me a break...

Skorpius
Mar 11, 2006, 02:08 AM
The point of my post was to help you realize that you're not old enough for life to really suck yet. You're still in school, and legally under your parents' care.

When you get older, you start to realize your life isn't the center of the universe. You wake up and notice a lot of this crap is really minor. Trust me, I look back and remember how I used to react to such stupid minor "teenager" things in school and I just feel like a complete dumbass. But, I also remember I was a teenager, and didn't know what I know now.

Most minor problems can be solved by pure, obvious logic, such as talking to the other people involved and coming up with a solution to end what is causing you to feel uncomfortable. Sitting around and feeling bad is what you do when you don't know what to do.

Although, you'll probably read this and think I'm being hostile, or mean. I'm just giving you the honest truth here, I'm not trying to be mean at all. And why did you single me out? I missed that the first time around.

EJ
Mar 11, 2006, 02:17 AM
I'm 21 and I find life pretty dull and repetitive.

Even though I do different things, after doing them I get into a rut and become bored again and try to do something new.

So yea, this cycle goes on and on for me since I find after doing the same thing over and over again I get bored and move on to something new.

So yea wait till you are older and than you will find yourself doing the same thing over and over again unless you find some variety in your life, that is all I can say.

LSF
Mar 11, 2006, 02:55 AM
You could do what I do.
DEFY DEATH.
Live life to the extreme in the lost hope of finding something worth your time, otherwise you find yourself sitting in the corner of a room gnawing on your hands and arms, thinking of the best way to put a battery in a microwave without blowing the back of your flat out and other random psychotic things as your mind continues to decay... Twisted beyond-belief aren't I?

In other words, start doing stuff that scares the shit out of you. You'll feel better.

Maridia
Mar 11, 2006, 03:07 PM
On 2006-03-10 23:08, Skorpius wrote:
The point of my post was to help you realize that you're not old enough for life to really suck yet. You're still in school, and legally under your parents' care.

When you get older, you start to realize your life isn't the center of the universe. You wake up and notice a lot of this crap is really minor. Trust me, I look back and remember how I used to react to such stupid minor "teenager" things in school and I just feel like a complete dumbass. But, I also remember I was a teenager, and didn't know what I know now.

Most minor problems can be solved by pure, obvious logic, such as talking to the other people involved and coming up with a solution to end what is causing you to feel uncomfortable. Sitting around and feeling bad is what you do when you don't know what to do.

Quoted for truth. When you're a little older, you'll look back and be like "how could let such little things get to me?" Not to scare you about the future, but you'll realize that all your problems in highschool and stuff really were kind of inconsequential. Wait it out. If something is bothering you, deal with it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Sitting and moping helps nobody, especially you.

Atayin
Mar 11, 2006, 04:27 PM

Although, you'll probably read this and think I'm being hostile, or mean. I'm just giving you the honest truth here, I'm not trying to be mean at all. And why did you single me out? I missed that the first time around.

I've never understood why people always measure the weight of somebody else's problems based on pure comparison to someone else. Every person is different. The weight of what one man can bare is based on that person's strength and experience.. not the problem itself or how important you think it is.

When you're in high school, of course your problems seem like a big deal. Just because things get worse when you're older doesn't stop them from being problems. And problems with a girlfriend or your parents seperating? Those can be a big deal to somebody. Of course he singled you out. You were trying to cast off his problems as insignificant because of his age and grade. They are a big deal to him.

When I was that age, I lost family, home, food, clothes and my whole world was literally turned upside down. I had "real" problems and my life was changing at seemingly lightspeed.. but, I still wouldn't look at somebody who lost their dog on the same day I lost my mother and say, "Hey. Who cares about your dog? I have real problems" and expect them to take it well.

Skorp is definately right, though in the fact that things could be a lot worse, so you need to learn to take a few hits. And when you get older, your problems most likely will get worse. If you waste time expecting somebody to cut you a break, then you'll never know how to deal with anything.

BogusKun
Mar 11, 2006, 04:43 PM
Life is full of surprises... I know someone who .. probably lived a more f'd up life than you.

Atayin
Mar 11, 2006, 07:03 PM
On 2006-03-11 13:43, BogusKun wrote:
Life is full of surprises... I know someone who .. probably lived a more f'd up life than you.

Good for you, but a "f'd up life" wasn't my emphasis or my point at all. And, I don't doubt that you do know somebody. A lot of people have worse lives then anyone who has access to computers or even food. I'm greatful to this day for every little "f'd up" thing that I have.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atayin on 2006-03-11 16:17 ]</font>

BogusKun
Mar 11, 2006, 07:07 PM
Wasnt bragging then, but yeah internet does open lots of doors for the depressed.

zwandude15
Mar 12, 2006, 02:04 AM
And why did you single me out? I missed that the first time around.

I assume you were talking about my original post yes? I mentioned the *winked* quote in there because you've made previous posts about how there are people around these here forums talking about things from, "What weapon is the best?" "What section ID should I choose?" and "What should I tell so-and-so to do because I have no clue?"

These people who are basically "dependant" on others; if you remember that topic you started... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I liked what was said, about how large a problem can seem, depending on the person, and where their personal strengths lie, and where a problem can seem huge to some, and small to others.

It's very nice to come here and see positive response from people who have experience with this, and who are willing to help out someone who needs it.

I think even if some of you believe that maybe my problems aren't that big, the point that can be made, and the one that can get across here, is that: Life is hard. No matter your age. Getting through it only makes you stronger. Eventually to grow into a person of Iron-will.

I wish I was as wise as I thought I was.....perhaps then I could begin to help myself, rather than depend on the wisdom of others...

Maridia
Mar 13, 2006, 05:50 AM
That was nice of you to remember that thread. And you seem like a strong, smart person. My parents seperated when I was younger too. It's hard. Life is hard. But you just gotta keep on truckin'. That's what your friends are here for, to keep things interesting. And to share burdens. Try to stay positive. Remember, you have a whole bunch of people rooting for you. *pompoms*

zwandude15
Mar 16, 2006, 09:18 AM
=]

Thanks Maridia.

and thanks to everyone else that helped...

I suppose all I can do now is hope for the best...

besides, I think things are starting to take action...=]