PDA

View Full Version : FF12 perfect score on Famitsu

DizzyDi
Mar 11, 2006, 01:42 PM
I'm sure most of y'all have heard this already but yeah. FFXII recieved a perfect 10 across the board in Famitsu, which surprised the hell outta me. I was expecting this FF to kinda suck. I played the demo with DQ8 and it was alright...but sure as hell not a perfect 10. Of course I do realize that its just a demo, and the game could have changed or was simply tweaked some before the release. The graphics are beautiful, the musical score, from what I heard is also good, but the battle system....Eh. Kinda boring. Like a lot of previews have said, its like an offline FFXI, 'cept with no weapon skills. So pretty much all you do is order to attack and watch your character attack. You cast spells everynow and then and thats it...Whats so fun about that? I'm hoping its deeper than that, it oughta be for it to recieve a perfect 10 in Famtisu. Either that, or SE paid the reviewers out to give the game a perfect 10. Anyways...Any thoughts on this?

Eihwaz
Mar 11, 2006, 02:49 PM
Whoa, that's impressive. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

I don't have a PS2, though, so I'm afraid I won't get to play it when it does come out in America.

Zelutos
Mar 11, 2006, 03:24 PM
I thought the Demo was pretty fun. *shrug*

eXo
Mar 11, 2006, 03:59 PM
Im not surprised one bit

roygbiv
Mar 11, 2006, 04:27 PM
Wow they must have changed it a bunch... because the demo was nothing short of blah...

Polly
Mar 11, 2006, 04:42 PM
On 2006-03-11 13:27, roygbiv wrote:
Wow they must have changed it a bunch... because the demo was nothing short of blah...

You mean you DON'T like to watch your game play by itself?

Interaction...thing of the past

/spit.

Outrider
Mar 11, 2006, 07:49 PM
Shock and awe. That's the best way to describe my response.

Maybe the gameplay has been massively tweaked since the demo, because the disc that came with DQ8 was terrible. I mean, it was absolutely awful.

(Ok, realisitcally, it was just bad, but I love being theatrical.)

I thought the main reason people supported "caveman"-style combat was because it's really the only combat style that works in MMORPGs. This is a single-player game, give us control over our characters!

Jeez. I do have to say, I am willing to take another look at the game now. Y'know what, I have a free night. I might even go back and play through the demo again tonight.

But I mean... damn. Are we sure we're talking about the same game that I played the demo for a few weeks ago? Damn.