PDA

View Full Version : Online activity

Ceipe
Mar 13, 2006, 08:24 PM
Hello ppl, I was just wondering, how's the popularity of this game online? I mean I see no more online quests on PSOW, and since I was thinking of buying this game back (I know, I know...it was a huge mistake to sell it) Iwas wondering if the online charge would actually be worth it?

SLON
Mar 14, 2006, 07:37 AM
If you are happy to play with Japanese, then it is worth going on-line. Trying to find legit people to play with on US/EU servers is more difficult.
One of the really annoying things about Ep3 is that you lose experience if you lose a game. When I've played human opponents in the past who had far better decks than me, there was little incentive for me to get my butt kicked and lose a load of xp at the same time.

Ceipe
Mar 15, 2006, 02:02 PM
Well then let's hope my deck is up for the challenge of the japanesse ppl, besides one can train vs CPUs in torunys get exp get good cards and go challenge the JPs...

EDIT: Posted edited for language

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-03-15 11:19 ]</font>

voxie
Mar 20, 2006, 11:50 PM
There are still some English speaking players online.

Try during these times (GMT UK time):

Afternoons on JP:Merope Block02-01
Evenings on EU:Regulus Block10-01

Or both, whenever you're on lol! And obviously weekends are a heck of a lot busier than weekdays. But Merope ranges from 200-400 users on weekdays afternoons, GMT.

Ceipe
Mar 21, 2006, 12:10 AM
Ok so I will get ppl to play with, thats good news, though I still lack the keyboard that problem will soon be solved, thanxs again for the help...you will be seing more of me online then, hehe.

voxie
Mar 21, 2006, 12:20 AM
You're welcome http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Oh, when I said 200-400 users, I meant JP users lol. But you do find the dedicated EU/US deck-makers.

Plus, funnily enough, some even set their lang' settings to Japanese to appear JP. Finally, there are JP student-types who study English and love EU/US players.

(Man, I hope PSU will be networked to the JP servers too^^)

Ceipe
Mar 21, 2006, 07:59 AM
I just hope PSU will have Peru as a selectable country for billing....that's basically the reason why I'm on GCN and not in BB...

voxie
Mar 21, 2006, 08:12 AM
Yeah, I'm not on BB because they only accept Visa and Mastercard (I think). Credit cards which I don't have. Hope the problem won't be similar with PSU.

Keeping on topic, I'm online with Ep3 right now ditching some of my old decks..!

Axel3792
Mar 28, 2006, 12:42 PM
i think it is a shame how little interest there is state-side for episode 3...

lol it would be nice if they incorporated a similar game into PSU just for kicks when you are bored(kinda like the card game in ff8)

-McPot-
Apr 5, 2006, 11:28 PM
haha the card game in FF8 was fun but some of the rules were confusing and hard to use well anyway back to ep.3. this game is fun as hell but theres a bunch of hackers out there and they love to fsod people alot. i mean i was talking to this one hacker and she fsoded about 3 or 4 times in an hour than a day later the loading screen keeps freezing and wont move or change it its happening frequently and never happened b4 i think its more than just sheer coincense.

Jools
Apr 10, 2006, 01:56 AM
I thought FSODing was fixed? Also, are there people who have hacked to get all the cards?

-Jools

-McPot-
Apr 10, 2006, 02:16 PM
i think so how else could people obtain epilon cause i think he can only be obtained in offline story mode

Ryna
Apr 10, 2006, 06:24 PM
On 2006-04-10 12:16, -McPot- wrote:
i think so how else could people obtain epilon cause i think he can only be obtained in offline story mode

Epsilon is a fairly common card to see in online auctions. Also, it was a common "drop" during the 1-year Episode 3 anniversary.

Domon
Apr 10, 2006, 07:15 PM
Yeah I recently just signed back up on episode 3. I'm trying to get a VIP card to complete my card collection. I've only been stuck at 96% for about a year and a half lol.

Zalana
Apr 18, 2006, 12:50 PM
Wow I wonder who's God Rank and such now ;p

metatime
Apr 18, 2006, 02:13 PM
If you know some people on ep1/2 you can ask them to play with you in EP3. Most have ep3 but don't play because most of their friends play ep1/2

Domon
Apr 18, 2006, 09:28 PM
Well so far the God's I have seen are hackers. I've seen multiple God rank 1's(more than 3) in the same lobby and even some -1 ranked gods lol.

Zalana
Apr 18, 2006, 10:16 PM
That's probably cause of the way Schtack's server is done.