PDA

View Full Version : Product of today's sociaty...

DavidNel
Mar 14, 2006, 07:10 PM
Throughout this year, I have noticed something kinda off in my life and I think I've figured it out. I am a product of the way life works today. Most of the time I find myself facedown in work, not talking to anyone. It isn't that I don;t have any friends, but we don't talk becasue we are all face down in our work.

Another strange thing is that no one seems to ask questions anymore... I was thinking, and came to find that I haven't asked a question this whole school year. (I was an ass to the teachers last year for asking dumb questions...).Also, this week in math, no one has dared to argue a point with the teachers.

The last thing is that I have become strictly business. I was staring at my parents yeaterday, and my dad said we could make a lot of money if he died now because of his new job (as a joke). I was looking and started thinking, would I prosper more with my dad dead or alive? For now I say alive, because he is my caregiver. This is a very scary thing to me... and it IS real. I never thought that I would EVER compare my parents life to ANYTHING, because I'm close to my parents.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? I may just be overdramatizing, for I am only 15, but I don't think so... I'm usually levelheaded.

PS: I'm not really sure if this belongs to the Rant's forum, but I don't know anywhere else to put it.

Firocket1690
Mar 14, 2006, 09:09 PM
Heh. It can't be too bad.

As of two weeks ago, I was promoted from school's resident social outcast to local misanthrope. Bastards. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Think of it this way, if you socially isolate yourself, you get to sit down and focus. At this age, education should be your main focus anyway. Twenty years from now, hopefully, you'll have a decent job, and relax, socialize with people, etc.
On the other hand, ignore all that crap, because co-workers tend to be assholes, and your high school/college friends will usually be your friends for life.

There are two sides to the coin, and you should look at it from both sides. Obviously, the best would be a mix of both sides. Just try not to lean too much toward one side, as you'll probably regret it to some extent later.

Gates was a school nerd, became a billionaire. I can't even count high enough to number all the people that hate him now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 14, 2006, 09:25 PM
On 2006-03-14 18:09, Firocket1690 wrote:
Gates was a school nerd, became a billionaire. I can't even count high enough to number all the people that hate him now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Yeah and how many of his would be bullies play XBOX. LAWL.

Well it seems like you're taking more responsibility in your studies which is good but eh, 15 year old's math? Not exactly rocket science buddy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Society? How long have you been there? in it? a part of it? You pay taxes?

Slow down. You're 15. Have some fun while you still can or one day you'll be stuck under your home mortgage saying "Damn you society!"

DavidNel
Mar 15, 2006, 04:49 PM
About a 15 year old's math... Statistics... I'm advanced, lol. I know these are the best years of my life, but I can't help but feel hypnotized O_o.

The school may be placing mind control agents in their milk...

RicoRoyal
Mar 15, 2006, 05:14 PM
On 2006-03-14 18:25, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
15 year old's math? Not exactly rocket science buddy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

You got that right http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Honestly, I think you need to get out a bit more. Just a bit, though. Like what Firo was getting at, too much of anything can be bad; be it studying or having fun. A nice mix of things is what'll fix you right up.

Enjoy being 15. Unless you're some kind of special one-in-a-million 15 year-old, I can assure you that you haven't even seen the tip of that iceburg called life. This is good. Enjoy it while it last. Go out and have fun while you still can. Even if you think you can't, believe me, you CAN. Of course, moderation is key. At 15, school is more than likely your only real responsibility, so... well, be responsible about it, but don't obsess over it (which is the vibe I'm getting from your original post).

DavidNel
Mar 15, 2006, 07:39 PM
School UNFORTUNATLY is not my only concern. I'm a top runner in my school, and I'm monetered under a miroscope... About being obsesive, you are completely corect. I have a lot of fun, running and hanging with my friends, but I... am at a loss for words. I get out plenty. The only thing that I don't really have is a girlfriends (which I don't want... can't seem to keep one for long).

I also work. Every Sat. I don't have a game or meet I work. I know this is NOTHING like a real job, but hey, every small business needs a message boy...

Oh, and if you think I'm griping, I'm really not. Hence why I'm not sure if it fits in this forum. It is just something that I have come to realize. I enjoy work (as odd as it sounds, I love learning), and being fast.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DavidNel on 2006-03-15 16:40 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DavidNel on 2006-03-15 16:42 ]</font>

Daikarin
Mar 18, 2006, 06:14 AM
On 2006-03-14 16:10, DavidNel wrote:
Throughout this year, I have noticed something kinda off in my life and I think I've figured it out. I am a product of the way life works today. Most of the time I find myself facedown in work, not talking to anyone. It isn't that I don;t have any friends, but we don't talk becasue we are all face down in our work.

Well, it's better that everyone minds their own business sometimes. Trust me, you don't want everyone harassing you all the time.

And about being a product of today's generation... Only if you let yourself do what tendencies follow - Do what today's standards do. Once you follow your own way, you'll be a product of your own rules.

Another strange thing is that no one seems to ask questions anymore... I was thinking, and came to find that I haven't asked a question this whole school year. (I was an ass to the teachers last year for asking dumb questions...).Also, this week in math, no one has dared to argue a point with the teachers.

If it's like here, then it's because everyone's asleep. But mostly, those who don't question enough are those don't give a damn. If you question, you want to know more, and more. It's not wrong to be a truth-seeker.

The last thing is that I have become strictly business. I was staring at my parents yeaterday, and my dad said we could make a lot of money if he died now because of his new job (as a joke). I was looking and started thinking, would I prosper more with my dad dead or alive? For now I say alive, because he is my caregiver. This is a very scary thing to me... and it IS real. I never thought that I would EVER compare my parents life to ANYTHING, because I'm close to my parents.

Eventually that time may come, so worry about it in the proper time.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? I may just be overdramatizing, for I am only 15, but I don't think so... I'm usually levelheaded.

Aren't we all?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Daikarin on 2006-03-18 03:14 ]</font>

DavidNel
Mar 18, 2006, 09:27 AM
I HAVE FOUND THE PROBLEM!!!!

The random thoughts come from idle time when I got nuthin to do... So out for a long run, then to Wendy's, and to lifeguarding school! WOO-HO, my first job & my life is normal....after two weeks...this was a stupid post...blarg...

Atayin
Mar 19, 2006, 08:03 PM
On 2006-03-18 06:27, DavidNel wrote:

this was a stupid post...blarg...

No. You shouldn't try to take back your origional thoughts. I think you were right, but if you just relax, accept and conform to the way things are when you notice that something's wrong, then you'll never able to change anything. Infact, you'll probably end up depressed. I don't think it's good to be angry or bitter towards society... or anything for that matter, but you definitely have a right to take notice and mention.

Kudos for making observations and thinking about your surroundings at a young age. I was the same way. Society is becoming more and more materialistic and I think that the younger people will be the first ones to notice the most drastic of changes due to their observing from a much more neutral or sideline standpoint as opposed to people who directly confront situations and are forced to make the compromises that perpetually drag them down on a day to day basis.. sometimes even against their better judgement and at the cost of their own well being with nothing other then superficial and popular logic to justify their major decisions without even realizing what they're doing (WHEW. I'm surprised that sentence didn't make my keyboard hyperventalate). It's sad, but atleast by acknowledging that there is a problem at such a young age, you can avoid becoming one of those people and have some peace. I don't think you can ever gain anything from isolating yourself.

Just because somebody isn't directly involved in society doesn't mean that they're blind or unaffected by it's powerful influence on the lives around them. Even though high school may not be important on the much grander scale of things, it is full of kids who try to deal with or conform to every major thing that they see going on in the world around them... which (despite popular belief) makes it's environment pretty significant. I think that there's some credibility when a high schooler says that he or she notices something wrong with society.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atayin on 2006-03-19 17:05 ]</font>

WraithVerge
Mar 20, 2006, 01:36 PM
Another strange thing is that no one seems to ask questions anymore...

Good point, and it is true for the most part. That's the problem with a majority of people these days, everyone is willing to accept what society puts on their plate and without question. To question would be to go against the norm, or in this case, authority (the teacher). Most of the time, though, it's just apathy. People don't want to do anything, just go with the flow of things.

It's a sad world we live in today, but you have to make the best of it and not let it get to you. Life takes a turn for the worse only if you let it do so.

(I may be late in post this, but eh...)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WraithVerge on 2006-03-20 10:38 ]</font>