PDA

View Full Version : Help 0_0

Sha Sha
Mar 15, 2006, 02:59 AM
I have a VERY VERY horrible Drawing/Artists Block, So bad i cant even finish Ejs Picture Does anyone know any awsome ideas that can help get rid of a block like this

it feels like i lost all will or want to draw...
altho i love to draw...

Or maybe i should take a break?

what do u guys suggest?

CupOfCoffee
Mar 15, 2006, 03:10 AM
Try something really weird that you never do. Write a short story. Attempt painting. Look at the strangers walking down the street and imagine stories for them. By the time you've sucessfully ventured outside of your comfort zone, maybe coming back home to the drawing will feel natural.

EJ
Mar 15, 2006, 05:49 AM
Try new things, try new styles, do something you probably would never do.

You can also look at other people's style in their art and if you find the right art/style then that may get you inspire again.

That is what I do when I lost the will to do 3D modeling, I just look for something that is inspiring.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ForceEJ on 2006-03-15 02:50 ]</font>

ladyjaderiver
Mar 15, 2006, 11:54 AM
When I've got an artist block, I usually find a song that inspires me (which is why a number of my pieces are named after songs), and base a drawing or story off the meaning or mood of the song.

Jared_T
Mar 15, 2006, 05:22 PM
Well I'm not sure if you should do what I do? When I get board with drawing I stop and do something else. But the last time I did that I left PSOW for 2years. And started making Anime Music Videos till I got fairly proficient. Now I'm back to drawing. All I can say is if your not going to draw do something else that challenges your creativity.

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Mar 15, 2006, 06:03 PM
anything in particular you find to be inspiring?
What usually gets me most in the mood to draw Is watching a movie with particularly good animation... Specifically Studio Ghibli stuff... Also, going outside and observing every little detail around me also helps to inspire me personally...

So, just sit back and soak up some creative energies from... whatever it is that inspires you. If that still doesnt work... Then... take a break... Do whatever else it is that you like to do... It'll come back to you eventually.

Mistique
Mar 15, 2006, 10:14 PM
i agree with the music idea, that gives alot of inspiration for me