PDA

View Full Version : PSOBB: Has anyone else noticed how completely pointless Sing

Skorpius
Mar 16, 2006, 05:38 AM
With the removal of the damage delay seen in offline PSOGC, Single Player mode is just like Multiplayer mode, but with less stats, and less EXP. Granted, Ep2 has beefed up EXP since PSOGC, Episode 1 is just really pointless to play, period.

For example, tonight, I tried to level my FOmarl to 131. 150k to go. Easy right?

In Spaceship, I get 25k, and I get Baranzed. What the crap? I can't fight that solo. :| +26k

In Ruins, I get 20k. I get trapped and pegged by claws as Grants finishes me off. Yeah ;| +22k

I don't know how many times I've been swarm-killed, no one else around to free me.

Dark Falz is a joke. A rewarding 39k isn't even enough to give back the EXP you'll more than likely lose from Darvants.. They swarm, they kill, you can't stop it. No one else around you to help heal you, and you go down. I once died 3 times in the first area, I had to quit game before I lost all of the EXP gained during the ruins run. Pointless.

Yeah, sounds like a rant, but whatever.

Is there any way to suggest either an EXP upgrade on Solo Ep1, or the addition of the damage delay? I know, for a fact, that Blue Burst has a damage delay, I've experienced it in quests.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2006-03-16 02:39 ]</font>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 16, 2006, 05:43 AM
Yeah, that "no damage delay of offline mode effect" leaves a nasty aftertaste in your mouth, no?

I got mauled to death in Ult Mines single player, by one Gillchich, rawr.

Its like they really took a half assed approach to that portion of the game. Just tossed it in there bugs be damned.

Skorpius
Mar 16, 2006, 05:47 AM
Yeah, I didn't even bother mentioning Mines. Sinows + Gilchichs will just maul you if you can't block them.

matizzle87
Mar 16, 2006, 07:12 AM
You are obviously just too weak, THAT's your problem. If you can't take it, try to level up somewhere else :s

EJ
Mar 16, 2006, 07:20 AM
Err... no at lvl 131 a fomarl should be able to take on ep1 with no problem on solo mode.

But since ST decide to make those little tweaks there really no point in doing solo.

Maridia
Mar 16, 2006, 07:47 AM
On 2006-03-16 04:12, matizzle87 wrote:
You are obviously just too weak, THAT's your problem. If you can't take it, try to level up somewhere else :s

Lawl. Can't wait to see YOU get told off later. <_<

I know for a fact that Skorp (and many others) have tackled offline (since solo mode is SUPPOSED TO BE THE SAME LOL) ult at LOWER LEVELS with worse equipment. Many times. Too weak. Pssh.

Anyway, someone explain this damage cancel thing to me. I'm sure I've seen it, it's probably just not registering with me. And solo mode is fine at lower levels. I'm sure Ult is hell, though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Maridia on 2006-03-16 04:49 ]</font>

A2K
Mar 16, 2006, 08:25 AM
...Damage delay? Someone please elaborate. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2006-03-16 05:26 ]</font>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 16, 2006, 08:40 AM
Lets say a Gillchich attacks you.

One-two punch.

After the first hit you will immediately be hit by the second before you can even move.

No time to hit Dimate/Resta/move outta the way.

Same thing with missles of the Baranz hitting you one after another.

Go boot up GC offline mode and see how you have a bigger amount of time between each hit in a multiple series affects you. You have time to move right? Time to heal then fight back. Not online in BB!

Except Baranz, because he's a freak eitherway. :/

rena-ko
Mar 16, 2006, 08:44 AM
thats the little invincibility you get for a sec or two in all previous versions of PSO in offline mode.

Neith
Mar 16, 2006, 09:15 AM
Heh, yeah, it's a little annoying in places (I hear you on the Baranzes). But, seriously, it's still really easy, you just have to be a little more aware of what to do.

I will admit I've been gang-beat by Merlans in Ruins because I accidently let them surround me, but I've learnt to avoid them now, and I haven't died like that in ages.

The damage the enemies deal in one-person mode isn't as high as multiplayer, and the overall stats of enemies is higher, as is the EXP. The only difference is the invulnerability period got removed.

Edit: One area I have noticed is harder is Seabed- I could own this on GC one-player, but at a higher level, with better equipment on BB, I struggle, mainly because of the Recons swarming me and/or getting double charged by Deldoggies. Other than Seabed though, it hasn't really bothered me- I just shoot/zonde Baranz to death now. It takes longer, but it works.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2006-03-16 06:18 ]</font>

A2K
Mar 16, 2006, 09:17 AM
Oh, I see, I get it now.

You know another thing I noticed about BB is that you seem to run almost immediately after you move the stick, instead of taking a few walking steps?

markofdabeast
Mar 16, 2006, 12:49 PM
Seriously dude. if you are so lacking in skill that you get swarmed in every room go back to very hard cause your just not good enough without someone holding your hand.

Neith
Mar 16, 2006, 01:29 PM
On 2006-03-16 09:49, markofdabeast wrote:
Seriously dude. if you are so lacking in skill that you get swarmed in every room go back to very hard cause your just not good enough without someone holding your hand.

Don't say you've never been surrounded in PSO. Ult on BB is a bit harder than it was on GC/XB.

Skorpius
Mar 16, 2006, 04:05 PM
On 2006-03-16 04:12, matizzle87 wrote:

I block Merlans. That isn't weak.

On 2006-03-16 09:49, markofdabeast's first post on the forums wrote:

Did you register just to insult me? Get lost.

Don't post if you have nothing to add to the topic, please.

PSOPRINCE
Mar 16, 2006, 04:15 PM

have YOU tried to do ult when 5 merians surround you constantly slapping you.and your insulting everyone who has beeen swarm killed which is most likely to be everyone on this forum http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif forst post and your cussing ?

Maridia
Mar 16, 2006, 05:46 PM
Haha, loser.

Kinda made me want to hit people, seeing them talk to you like you're a noob, Skorp. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Anyway, after reading, I can say I never noticed the damage delay on offline or the lack of one in online mode. I just never noticed it. And I don't see anything now on BB, I guess because I either stick to areas where I hardly take much damage, or places I get knocked down and have a chance to resta and get away and stuff. Interesting.

And we've all been surrounded and killed at one point. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Mixfortune
Mar 16, 2006, 05:48 PM
For those saying his character is too weak, you couldn't be more wrong. Damage stunlock is a result of your character being too strong. If you're weak, at least you get knocked down and still get a second or two of grace period.

The point Skorp was making was, well, why do single player mode on BB if you could just go open an online mode game and single it out there (with the exception of certain quests).

Though, I agree, death penalties don't really fit into the PSO scheme of things. While not hard to play, there's a lot of one-shotting compared to other games that utilize an experience penalty, and the penalties rack up in the higher levels. Personally, I'd suggest a cap on how much experience can be lost in a single death, scaling with level, but maybe that's the case now.

Lileya
Mar 16, 2006, 06:26 PM
On 2006-03-16 14:48, Mixfortune wrote:
The point Skorp was making was, well, why do single player mode on BB if you could just go open an online mode game and single it out there (with the exception of certain quests).

Cause it's much harder? Single mode still stays way easier than online mode, I have no problem soloing ult mines with my ramarl since lvl92 (I've gained 15 lvls this way) on single mode, now if it was in online mode, forget it... My hucaseal can hold single mode ult ruins, but I wouldn't suggest on soloing it in online mode though. Like Uriko said, just learn how to not get surrounded. Besides, the chance of dying on online mode when soloing are greater than dying on single mode, there's also the much higher Evade of monsters in online mode.

Though, I agree, death penalties don't really fit into the PSO scheme of things. While not hard to play, there's a lot of one-shotting compared to other games that utilize an experience penalty, and the penalties rack up in the higher levels. Personally, I'd suggest a cap on how much experience can be lost in a single death, scaling with level, but maybe that's the case now.

There's already one, it's around 50k.

Skorpius
Mar 16, 2006, 06:40 PM
Saying "learn how to not get surrounded" is retarded. I've been playing PSO for 3 years, I wish certain people would stop thinking that they're top shit. It happens, and any seasoned player will admit to having it happen to them (you know, as long as their ego is secure).

The point, that was kind of ignored, was that Solo mode should still have that "grace period".

Lileya
Mar 16, 2006, 06:46 PM
On 2006-03-16 15:40, Skorpius wrote:
Saying "learn how to not get surrounded" is retarded. I've been playing PSO for 3 years, I wish certain people would stop thinking that they're top shit. It happens, and any seasoned player will admit to having it happen to them (you know, as long as their ego is secure).

The point, that was kind of ignored, was that Solo mode should still have that "grace period".

Interesting how you put words in the mouth of people. I guess my text must have had invisible sentences I typed while I was hypnotized by the Devil stating I was awesome and you suck.

Neith
Mar 16, 2006, 06:48 PM
What I was saying earlier was that you learn the spawns eventually, and learn where to be for each consecutive one.

One-Person mode is a bit cheap now though with no grace period. Nothing like getting really close to a level up and then getting owned. Back to 100k EXP http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Seriously though, most gang-beatings you can easily avoid, just have to keep an eye on what the enemies are doing (admittedly, it can be annoying sometimes, but playing one-person mode for a while, I've learnt how to keep out of trouble in most cases.)

Baranzes are a pain though, as are Gillchichs, Sinows, Lilies (the peck attack hits 3 times now, even in one-person mode).

You can kind of understand why no-one plays Ep1/2 anymore..

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 16, 2006, 07:02 PM
On 2006-03-16 15:48, UrikoBB3 wrote:
What I was saying earlier was that you learn the spawns eventually, and learn where to be for each consecutive one.

One-Person mode is a bit cheap now though with no grace period. Nothing like getting really close to a level up and then getting owned. Back to 100k EXP http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

You can kind of understand why no-one plays Ep1/2 anymore..

Eh, quite the contrary.

I'd rather go nuts in Episode 1 and 2 instead of hunting a POD boss drop all day, in VH, as a lv 200 character. But that's me.

Its pretty easy for someone to say "just avoid it (because I can)," but not explain how or any tactics pertaining to such a vague statement.

Just avoid it!

Yeah, we have to deal with it for the forseeable future but that doesn't make it any less of a valid complaint to have.

Deuce
Mar 16, 2006, 08:21 PM
Skorp, I realised about level 121 or so that the most efficient and least annoying way to level is to play a Desert game. If you create one or join one there will almost always be 4 players and you can blaze through all three levels and boss in under an hour with a 4 way pb lasting almost the whole time. Up until about 130 you can level completely in 1 run and gain half way to next level. 200-300k exp for desert FAR outwieghs the small 60k from LHS and crappy 150k ish that you get from TTF. Although it gets repetative, and rares don't drop ever, it's the best way to efficiently level up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deuce on 2006-03-16 17:22 ]</font>

Skorpius
Mar 16, 2006, 08:50 PM
I THINK THE POINT THAT MOST PEOPLE ARE MISSING IS THE FACT THAT SOLO MODE DOESN'T HAVE A DAMAGE DELAY, AND IT SHOULD.

I'm not a newb, I know HOW to level if that was my number one priority. However, it isn't, and my point is still valid. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

EJ
Mar 16, 2006, 09:26 PM
Ok did a quick run in forest solo on ult and I did see that there was no damage delay.

But I haven't done ep2 yet to see if it's the same deal, but yea in order words, no point to do solo mode since the there no damage delay >_>

Why did people think this was about lvling? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

EphekZ
Mar 16, 2006, 09:30 PM
On 2006-03-16 18:26, ForceEJ wrote:
Ok did a quick run in forest solo on ult and I did see that there was no damage delay.

But I haven't done ep2 yet to see if it's the same deal, but yea in order words, no point to do solo mode since the there no damage delay >_>

Why did people think this was about lvling? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Indeed. in BB it is absolutly neccesary(even if you're a human) to carry Dimates/trimates and telepipes. That is the only thing that can save you in times like that.

For darvants-if you are a Force just cast gifoie a couple times and run around. that should kill all of the darvants needed.

keep a tp with you so you can reset the spawns.

actually Im pretty sure "damage delay" is gone for all areas. I mean, wouldn't make sense to say: ZOMG EP1 DOESNT NEED DMG DELAY, TURN IT OFF!" ya know?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkgunner on 2006-03-16 18:33 ]</font>

PJ
Mar 16, 2006, 10:35 PM
On 2006-03-16 15:40, Skorpius wrote:
Saying "learn how to not get surrounded" is retarded. I've been playing PSO for 3 years, I wish certain people would stop thinking that they're top shit.

It works both ways.

Although, I do agree. Solo mode is dumb. It's not the stats that solely make enemies hard, but the lack of the safe time. And if I'm gonna get technicaly about hating the solo mode, I also hate that you can't play it offline/without an HL, but that's not the issue http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

But with BB it was weird. On GC, I prefer playing with other people (But still enjoyed solo). On BB, since it was FORCING me to play with other people, I preferred soloing by myself. And yet it's way harder on BB (Well, technically the same level of difficulty since I never did any solo mode, but VH Ep1 is easy right when you have the level requirement for it -_-)

Skorpius
Mar 17, 2006, 07:55 AM
On 2006-03-16 15:46, Lileya wrote:
Interesting how you put words in the mouth of people. I guess my text must have had invisible sentences I typed while I was hypnotized by the Devil stating I was awesome and you suck.

Calm down, hot guns. I wasn't talking to you. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Anyway, I'm going to PM Clumsy, directly, the suggestions I have in mind to see if there's anything he can do or any information he can give me.

Dreadlock
Mar 18, 2006, 12:03 PM
I find that Offline is drastically easier than online. Offline Ultimate is nothing compared to online.

It gets lonely, but who cares. You command all the exp and drops when you go hunting. Not to mention you can complete the story and quests for a filling, if not repetitive feeling.

And hey. Important quests are done offline. How else would one change thier Hildebear penises and Rappy nipples into special weapons without that wacky little scientist.

Para
Mar 18, 2006, 02:57 PM
Single player mode is just for

1) Solo quests
2) Sub plotlines
3) Reduced monster stats for easy soloing through areas like Desert.

True it does get lonely but ever since SEGA implemented team chat, it's been a lot easier. Not to mention playing on the computer on window mode, you can chat on messager programs or multitask at the same time.

I'm not positive about the damage delay... it seems about the same to me but my experience with GC PSO's ultimate is somewhat limited. I can understand a HUnter's frustration with the missing damage delay but for a FO or a RA, its n ot really an excuse since they can easily hit and run.

All I can suggest is adapt to what you've been given with and do what you must do.

Pretty much from playing PSO myself, I've learned to attack monsters from "angles", projecting their movements and my own movements so that I don't get trapped. You'll be forced to play hit n' run (a little more work) from time to time but that's PSO for you and it does bring a bigger meaning to the term ultimate.

matizzle87
Mar 18, 2006, 04:01 PM
I block Merlan's, that's not weak.

I was just teasing my friend http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: matizzle87 on 2006-03-18 13:06 ]</font>

Dana
Mar 18, 2006, 11:41 PM
Hmmm.

On GC Dana had both so much DFP and so much EVP she would either Evade or Dfp evade through lack of damage. and get surrounded, stopping me from attacking. Which can be irritating.

On BB. O.<;

Baranz are....* my exp* T.T
Because i never played PSOGC online i was new to the no bliss time, and thus. was irradicated by mothmans O.<...and Bartle...And tollaw...And sinow....

Now, i have learnt. And it happens in ep4 too, as the monsters just teleport behind me and hack at my HP.

Soloing, well. I dont have a problem, seeing as i spent 2000hours++ soloing on GC..i am not soloing on BB. But i did noticed it was much harder than GC used to be.

Thats my insight.

Falcon1992
Mar 24, 2006, 04:32 PM
On 2006-03-16 13:15, PSOPRINCE wrote:

have YOU tried to do ult when 5 merians surround you constantly slapping you.and your insulting everyone who has beeen swarm killed which is most likely to be everyone on this forum http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif forst post and your cussing ?

i got killed in caves and im lv 80
and it takes so long lv up in forest it stupid it gets so boring

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 25, 2006, 12:31 AM
On 2006-03-18 11:57, Nites wrote:
Single player mode is just for

3) Reduced monster stats for easy soloing through areas like Desert.

Well, on English BB, Single player Episode 4 = "This function is not supported yet"

But good points all around on not zoning out in Ult and keeping room to breathe/move/not get stuck.

Scejntjynahl
Mar 25, 2006, 03:48 AM
The only use I personally find in single player offline mode is just to open the quest to convert body parts and perhaps get the Soul Eater and Akikos Wok. Other than that, why bother? Oh wait, there is the posibility of getting the Ragol Ring.

But seriously, if you dislike the lack of time of recovery after been hit on the offline single player mode, why go there?

Sounds like:
person1 "I hate the tacos in Taco Bell, they are gross"
person2 "so where do you want to eat?"
person1 ".... hmmm.... Taco Bell?"
person2 "...?"

Offline Single player mode has its uses, and drawbacks, but since you know of them... you can choose to go there or not.

Skorpius
Mar 25, 2006, 04:17 AM
Since no one gets it, and this got bumped, I'm requesting a lock.

Nai_Calus
Mar 28, 2006, 07:00 AM
Even if you know exactly what you're doing and where everything is going to spawn, it STILL doesn't always go flawlessly. Anyone who's done enough runs of East Tower can tell you that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Someone lags or hits the controller wrong and they get pwned by Epsilon, or you don't time something right and a Lily or a Meri wastes you, etc. It just doesn't always quite work out perfectly, no matter how much of a god of PSO you think you are. Sure, I can take my FOmar and keep the Mericarols at the bottom of floor 6 of East Tower from ever doing anything but die if I time my button presses perfectly. Do I always? No. I'm human. D: Did I ever get pwned doing something stupid and not thinking for a moment on PSO meleeing with a FOmar? Oh hell yeah.

Everyone screws up eventually. Get over it, it's frippin' PSO, not neurosurgery. >_>

But yes. Solo mode on BB needs the fripping delay, else what's the point? Sod it and go play a quest you can solo or just do some runs.

Though I dunno, I get bored as crap on offline Ult with Zero. All that L30 S/D/J/Z and nerfed enemy stats and invulnerability make for an entirely too easy time for a melee FOmar. D:

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 28, 2006, 07:06 AM
On 2006-03-28 04:00, Ian-KunX wrote:
Though I dunno, I get bored as crap on offline Ult with Zero. All that L30 S/D/J/Z and nerfed enemy stats and invulnerability make for an entirely too easy time for a melee FOmar. D:

That's when its time to make a Mind/tech RAmar for kicks, or simply leave PSO alone for a while.

Now that I'm back to being consistently online, I won't even have the urge to play unless I'm playing with others. I might Single Player to have fun in Temple every now and then, drops or rates be damned.

And whaddya know, I get pwned by a spawn of fish fries(Barba raft "new attax" , heh) and no time/room/space/won't allow me to press a mate button. Awesome.

Single player mode was tacked on without an afterthought(and probably as a way to leech up some more money somehow), but it wouldn't be the first thing that looks half assed on BB, now would it?!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2006-03-28 04:07 ]</font>