Kratos123
Mar 16, 2006, 10:09 PM
Like it or hate it.

Zelutos
Mar 16, 2006, 10:49 PM
Allo, Salut~

Blitzkommando
Mar 16, 2006, 11:07 PM
Funny how if it weren't for the Numa Numa Dance video that we quite likely would've never batted an eye at that Romanian band. But hey, good thing we did as they have some good music.

ABDUR101
Mar 16, 2006, 11:21 PM
I heard them long before I saw that video.

Solstis
Mar 16, 2006, 11:24 PM
Their music is danceable. +

They are cute. +

I have heard only one song from them. -?

You have to be hyper/drunk to want to dance to numa. -

ladyjaderiver
Mar 17, 2006, 12:13 AM
Are they even the original artists of "Dragostea Din Tei", though? (That would be the Numa Numa song.) I've read that the original Romanian (I believe) artist was Haiducii, or something along those lines. The English version is by O-Zone.

astuarlen
Mar 17, 2006, 01:03 AM
On 2006-03-16 20:21, ABDUR101 wrote:
I heard them long before I saw that video.

Ditto. In fact, I've never seen the video.
Do I get a cookie? :>

LJR > Yeah, I've heard of this controversy, too. I actually have copies of the song attributed to both Haiducii and O-Zone. Your guess is as good as mine as to who's the original artist. I tend to believe it's O-Zone, simply because they've put out more songs (I was only able to dig up one other song by Haiducii, "Mne S Toboy Horosho" [which, by the way, I quite enjoy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif], whereas I've several by O-Zone). Anyway... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Yeah, I like the group. "Dragostea din Tei" is fun, and I'm a fan of several of their other songs.

ladyjaderiver
Mar 17, 2006, 02:30 AM
I like the Para Para dance for it. It's delightfully silly, and really easy to learn/remember.

Stan
Mar 17, 2006, 10:17 AM
On 2006-03-16 21:13, ladyjaderiver wrote:
Are they even the original artists of "Dragostea Din Tei", though? (That would be the Numa Numa song.) I've read that the original Romanian (I believe) artist was Haiducii, or something along those lines. The English version is by O-Zone.

it was the other way around. O zone made that song like a year before haiducii, haiducii made a dance mix. o-zone was very popular in romania when dragostea din tei reaches the rest of the world a year later or so, so haiducii made a remix cause of it's popularity >.> . the music is terrible though <,<
When the song reached the netherlands, my sister had a romanian exchange student here, and she was all like "that's sooooo old" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

LSF
Mar 17, 2006, 11:00 AM
On 2006-03-16 19:09, Kratos123 wrote:
Hate it or hate it.

I agree...

Kratos123
Mar 17, 2006, 02:34 PM
I have 11 of their songs. 12 if you include the American Remix not the English one. It was a valentine day special. Saraplorta De La Vara is my all time favorite. Though I still love Dragostea Din Tei. Fiesta De La Noche is also good. I can sing about 6 songs bu heart. Oh yeah! People say their queer but I just think they're Italians on crack. For all you retards out there that are like, Kratos I don't get it. Italians are full of love. That means guys like guys more than the average american would like another man. I was hugged by an Italian I didn't know. O-ZONE is the same way it's just they're on crack. What i'm reallyn referring to is their real video for Dragostea Din Tei.

rena-ko
Mar 18, 2006, 12:51 PM
*outs herself* i like most of that album - except the entrysong, i think its just silly and unmelodic. but esp sarbatoarea, despre tine and fiesta de la noche are fun to listen (and sing along) to.

ladyjaderiver
Mar 18, 2006, 08:15 PM
On 2006-03-17 07:17, Stan wrote:
[quote]
it was the other way around. O zone made that song like a year before haiducii, haiducii made a dance mix. o-zone was very popular in romania when dragostea din tei reaches the rest of the world a year later or so, so haiducii made a remix cause of it's popularity >.> . the music is terrible though <,<

Cool, thanks for clearing that up, I was confused. ^_^