PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Rika's Claw glitch

Bot-Bot
Mar 18, 2006, 10:24 AM
I just figured this out today, check it out.

Cards needed:
Rika’s Claw
HP attack
Damage blow

How it works:
1. First, you need to play the Rika’s Claw
2. Next, use the HP attack on a little creature or something.

Now, with using the HP attack on Rika’s Claw (which has AP/TP swap) it gets a little confusing. But, what I think happens is it takes the original stats (HP:18 AP:6 TP:2) and it first swap the AP/TP, then it swaps the HP/AP. This makes the new stats HP:2 AP:6 TP:19 (Because of the TP growth). I don;t know if thats exactly right, but I think it's close.

3. Now, attack something small to do the AP/TP swap.
4. Next turn, use the Damage Blow with your attack.

What happens is the Claw’s AP becomes 0, but the TP becomes the damage you did with the Damage Blow-2 (or 36 after the first one). Now, you can repeat 3 & 4 if you have a Damage Blow in hand. I got my Claw up to 89 AP and did 99 damage with a SW Attack.

I don’t know if it’s a glitch or I’m missing something, but it’s still awesome. If, you need any help, just PM me.

Ryna
Mar 18, 2006, 10:45 AM
The HP/AP/TP swap isn't a glitch, that is how the card is supposed to operate. Some people have exploited that aspect of the card to build Reiz-bashing decks.

Bot-Bot
Mar 18, 2006, 11:08 AM
That wasn't the part I thought was a glitch.

The part I think is a glitch is when you use the Damage Blow. You go from 19 AP/7 TP to 0 AP/35 TP after the attack. I don't see how that would be normally possible. Also, it doesn't work with any other action cards.

voxie
Mar 20, 2006, 11:42 PM
I tried this out just now, it works, and yeah it's confusing. Damage Blow was always a card I found initially puzzling anyway...

I followed what Bot said. I HP attacked, then attacked normally, then attacked again with Damage Blow, and my AP turned out to be 33!

It's cool. But the Rika's is a 6cost, and this routine leaves your HP at 2, so it's a difficult to actually bring into a real battle. But still fun!

Zarbolord
Mar 21, 2006, 02:01 PM
One exhilarating combination of cards. Couldst thou thinketh of such a simple plan? I'm fascinated by it. I wonder if there would still be some other secret combinations left for our amusement. Until a new adones, fare thee well. That thyne luck shinest on thyne soul.

Bot-Bot
Mar 21, 2006, 04:09 PM
On 2006-03-21 11:01, Zarbolord wrote:
One exhilarating combination of cards. Couldst thou thinketh of such a simple plan? I'm fascinated by it. I wonder if there would still be some other secret combinations left for our amusement. Until a new adones, fare thee well. That thyne luck shinest on thyne soul.

Thanks for the...uhhh...compliment?

On 2006-03-20 20:42, voxie wrote:

It's cool. But the Rika's is a 6cost, and this routine leaves your HP at 2, so it's a difficult to actually bring into a real battle. But still fun!

I made a deck based on this and put in 3 shields plus some uber defense cards to protect it. Try it out, it actually is a good deck.

But rampage is its only weakness http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Skorpius
Mar 21, 2006, 04:13 PM
And Action Disrupter.

Bot-Bot
Mar 21, 2006, 04:17 PM
Pffft...yea that too ;-;

voxie
Mar 21, 2006, 04:37 PM
I did try this deck out in a human 2v2 battle lol.

STEVO defended against my freshly equipped Rika's Claw with Seal, and I ended up causing great damage without sacrificing my HP for the swap! Mwahaha, of course we won that battle...

Gonna edit it up with some added shields and (thanks!) action disrupter.

T0m
Mar 22, 2006, 12:27 PM
On 2006-03-21 13:37, voxie wrote:

Gonna edit it up with some added shields and (thanks!) action disrupter.

I think what Skorpius meant was that action disrupt is another weakness of this deck, not that you should add some action disrupters in your deck. As a matter of fact, the only that come to mind, God Shield and Kaladbolg, are both too expensive to be used with Rika's Claw. You could add some first attack cards to counter any action disrupters, but you can't combo first attack with damage blow.

voxie
Mar 23, 2006, 05:42 AM
Yeah, I realised I didn't get it myself when I got to the deck editing screen lol.

But yes, action disrupter defence (punch, penetrate guard) and maybe a first attack card or two.

Zarbolord
Mar 24, 2006, 07:20 AM
Looks like some people don't get old english... It's fun though. Hmm, maybe I should try to get my hands on those cards and try out the combo. I'm still searching for them... (darn, still level 51...).

Alisha
Mar 25, 2006, 07:06 PM
its a neat combo but the real problem is that you only get one attack and in an enviroment with so many counters all it takes is counter or companion when you used hp attack to KO the rikas claw. to really make this interesting you need some drains and immortalities. btw Voxie i saw you play with my little brother mcpot and dias is a noob lol

Ladriachan
Mar 27, 2006, 04:13 AM
now that i think about it counter would suck hardcore if it worked against an attack like that >_< especially since it has a fairly high chance of happening (its 70% on normal counter right?)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ladriachan on 2006-03-27 01:13 ]</font>

Skorpius
Mar 27, 2006, 04:19 AM
If you really want to screw with people's minds, try HP Attack and/or Damage Blow with Baranz while Immortality is in place. o;

Ladriachan
Mar 27, 2006, 01:31 PM
your giving me demented ideas for an arkz deck X3