PDA

View Full Version : Probably a noob question

Ennie
Mar 18, 2006, 11:24 AM
Some level 200 guy, who said he was legit when I asked, gave me a Dreamcast mag, which was also legit according to him. Indeed, the mag has no stats above the normal, but it has 200 POW.
Now I was wondering, don't all mags start with 5 DEF? Or is it different with the Dreamcast mag?
And by the way, is it considered not legit if you play with a low level character (lv11 RAcast) and use such a powerful mag?

Dhylec
Mar 18, 2006, 11:30 AM
Well, you are right to be skeptical, but the guy who wanted to give you the mag is either lying or has been lied to.
All mags, by default, started w/ 5 in Def, his has none. Even though it's lv200, that mag is hacked!

CupOfCoffee
Mar 18, 2006, 11:34 AM
I would say don't worry about it, though. Since the PSO population is so small already and you're really gaining nothing by having 200 POW as opposed to 195 POW, I would reccomend you just use the mag if you like the way it looks. The problem with system mags (like Dreamcast) is that they don't have any Photon Blasts, so when you get a little further in the game and your team starts wanting to do PB combos, you'll be left out in the cold, unable even to contribute in order to gain that extremely high level Shifta and Deband.

Also, some people find it fun to raise up their own mag. Plan out its evolutions to get a rare one, etc.

And, er, while it may not leave much challenge in the game, it's not considered cheating to use high-level equipment at a low level, mags included.

Ennie
Mar 18, 2006, 11:54 AM
On 2006-03-18 08:34, CupOfCoffee wrote:
The problem with system mags (like Dreamcast) is that they don't have any Photon Blasts.

Ok, it's definetely hacked then. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ennie on 2006-03-18 08:55 ]</font>

PSOPRINCE
Mar 19, 2006, 06:18 AM
a mag with no blasts how crap

Charmander02
Mar 19, 2006, 10:26 AM
Yeah that is crap, what would i do w/o my PB's?

OdinTyler
Mar 19, 2006, 11:36 AM
Just dont use the mag. Once on DC online, I was handed a mag that had really glitch graphics for the PBs when you looked at the menu. The guy told me what it could do. I was polite & since he insisted on giving it to me, I took it, put it away & never used it. Then, I quickly left out of that game! LOL If a mag doesnt have at least 5 DEF on it or it has no PBs, its hacked. If the person didnt know it, thats bad. I suggest not using it. Some hacked items work well, some dont. That one I was handed long ago, I was told did some bad stuff that I didnt want to be part of. If you are going to use it, definitely dont use it online.

CupOfCoffee
Mar 19, 2006, 11:49 AM
On 2006-03-19 08:36, OdinTyler wrote:
If a mag doesnt have at least 5 DEF on it or it has no PBs, its hacked.

Er, not exactly. You're right about the stats, but it's system mags that DO have photon blasts that are the hacked ones. Since the first evolution for a system mag comes at Lv5, before any blasts can be learned, a normal, unhacked Dreamcast would not have any photon blasts at 200.