PDA

View Full Version : "Charlie's doing great"

Orange_Coconut
Mar 19, 2006, 01:58 PM
Apparently not. My childhood friend, Charlie, committed suicide two nights ago. I found out this morning, my parents found out last night. They didn't want to tell me, and with good reason.

He'll be having an open casket funeral on Thursday, I don't like the idea of it. I mean, I don't think I can stand to see him, the kid I grew up with, lying dead in front of me.

But then again, imagine how his parents must feel. To see their own kid having committed suicide. He just transferred to Burkley, he was a great athlete. Everyone thought he was doing perfectly fine.

Well, either nobody read his signals or he didn't give out any indications of how things truly were. Nobody will know, maybe it's best that way. I don't know. The world puts too much pressure on people nowadays, fuck the world and fuck society.

LSF
Mar 19, 2006, 02:41 PM
Sorry dude. A close cousin of mine commited suicide 6 years ago...feels like yesterday.
But your right, fuck the world. I hate this place, most people do, in my view everything's fucked up.
So screw it.

PJ
Mar 19, 2006, 03:28 PM
To LSF: Learn to appreciate what you do have more (I mean about people hating the world, not about your earlier loss)

Orange Coconut: I'm sorry for your loss, that really sucks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Are you gonna go to the funeral?

It's terrible that there is so much pressure in the world, especially for, say, kids to grow up faster (I... don't know your age @_@), but this world is far from sucking. This is the only world we have. It's an awesome place, with some troublesome things that happen.

Wyndham
Mar 19, 2006, 03:47 PM
I'm very sortry about what has happened, and I am hoping things don't continue doing badly.

washuguy
Mar 19, 2006, 04:18 PM
On 2006-03-19 10:58, Orange_Coconut wrote:
Apparently not. My childhood friend, Charlie, committed suicide two nights ago. I found out this morning, my parents found out last night. They didn't want to tell me, and with good reason.

He'll be having an open casket funeral on Thursday, I don't like the idea of it. I mean, I don't think I can stand to see him, the kid I grew up with, lying dead in front of me.

But then again, imagine how his parents must feel. To see their own kid having committed suicide. He just transferred to Burkley, he was a great athlete. Everyone thought he was doing perfectly fine.

Well, either nobody read his signals or he didn't give out any indications of how things truly were. Nobody will know, maybe it's best that way. I don't know. The world puts too much pressure on people nowadays, fuck the world and fuck society.

Damn... That's some bulls***... I'm sorry about that, I can't imagine one of my bestfriends doing that, it's crazy. But I agree with you on the fact that the world places to much pressure on individuals. We are only one person. We are not super men or Super females.It's not right. But remember, if you don't want to go to see the body you don't have to. But if you feel you owe it to him, by all means go. TO HELL WITH THE GOVERNMENT!!! REBEL!!!! YOU TO SCHOOL SYSTEMS!!!!

roygbiv
Mar 19, 2006, 07:54 PM
So he didn't leave any indication why he killed himself?

Dreadlock
Mar 20, 2006, 06:22 PM
Your childhood friend? Was he still your friend? Did you keep in contact with him, see how he was progressing? What do you think caused it?

Also, my condolences.

Daikarin
Mar 20, 2006, 06:26 PM
My condolences. It takes great strength sometimes to endure the pressures and traits of the world, and it will probably be tougher in the future.

Atayin
Mar 21, 2006, 03:06 AM
I'm sorry you have to go through this, Orange. Suicide is tough to deal with. My good friend, Antonio comitted suicide about a month back... he was 15 years old and was like a little brother to me. He had so much potential and I'm still dealing with what he did.

It's shocking and confusing, and yes.. the world is screwed up in our "emo" generation, but I think it's very important to remember that there are always things worth living for no matter what or who we lose.

There's nothing easy about losing a friend, but try to focus on the positive things about him and let those things influence you. That is what's always worked for me. I sympathise with you and you have my sincerest condolances.

Saiffy
Mar 21, 2006, 09:18 AM
I hope I don't offend anyone, but I feel like I should post this, I'll remove it if people want just...yeah, it's a touchy subject.

First off, you have my honest condolences. I know what it's like to lose a good friend, but not from them dying(Nonetheless suicide). I imagine it must be 100 times worse, I hope you and his family manage to cope with it.

What provoked me to post was that, just because someone killed themselves it doesn't label them as emo. Some people get a lot of negativity thrown at them in their life, and select few can't take it at a certain point, and think suicide is the only way out >_> I guess you could call that "emo" too, but it doesn't seem the same to me.

The world is what you make it, it isn't good or bad. I'm too young to say if it's good or bad for me. Some people happen to make the world bad for them, and it's not as simple as "Cheer up and just have fun" for them.

Maybe it's because of my past(For vagueness) that made that emo comment kinda touchy with me, nothing personal, I just wanted to point it out.

I hope everything will turn out as ok as it possibly can http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

HUnewearl_Meira
Mar 21, 2006, 04:01 PM
On 2006-03-19 12:28, PJ wrote:
It's terrible that there is so much pressure in the world, especially for, say, kids to grow up faster

I dunno, we currently have the slowest maturing gauge in history. We currently give our youth a good 20 years or so before kicking them out into the world, whereas, the measure used to be, well, hair growth.

Some people just can't handle the world. Lord knows that I've looked over that cliff, myself. Some people just don't quite have the fortitude to turn their backs to it, and carry out their existence the hard way. They don't have the kind of support they need, and they don't tell anyone else because they don't expect them to understand. There's a lingering fear that conveying these ideas to others will only make things worse. They don't want people to know that they are frail on the inside; they don't want to be the subject of that sort of attention.

Try not to let it get to you, too much. After all, your friend got what he wanted.

Charmander02
Mar 21, 2006, 04:10 PM
Sorry about your friend.

Not everthing is bad in the world, you just have to not take things for granted and appreaciate what you have so that when its taken away then it doesn't hurt as much.

Atayin
Mar 22, 2006, 12:00 AM
On 2006-03-21 06:18, Saiffy wrote:
What provoked me to post was that, just because someone killed themselves it doesn't label them as emo.

I'm sorry if I came across wrong. I take this pretty seriously, so I'll try to explain what I meant.

I've lost 3 friends to self-strangulation. I knew them pretty well and I wouldn't label a single one of them as emo. I know that there'll be plenty of skeptics who accuse me of making this up because it sounds a little extreme, but believe me, it's true. Suicide is much more common then most people realize. I have the utmost respect for these people and the trouble that they must have went through. I would never label their problems with a stereotype like "emo".

What I was getting at was that a lot of people who commit suicide are victims of an emo generation. It was never my intention to label the casualties as emo. People who don't deal with bouts of depression are scarecely hard to find anymore. Most people hold it in, while in some circles it has become trendy to act self-loathing depressed, which I find fake and wrong. Some people love the attention.

Then there's the people who are really suffering but don't want to burden anyone else with their problems or find them so tough to deal with that they act happy and pretend everything's ok. As for one of these friends of mine, I rejected his problems for the sake of my own ego. My problems were more important to me.. I was the one being "emo".

I try not to blame anyone for the suicides of my good, and very missed friends, but I do sometimes blame myself. On a couple occasions, I had a chance to let my friend confide in me just several days beforehand. But I was too preoccupied with my own drama to really listen or be there for them. I swore I'd never let that happen again, but ended up making the same mistake more then once. I've learned a lot from these mistakes. I know that you aren't supposed to blame yourself for things like this.. but it still hurts like hell. I can never call them up to apologize, but the urge to do it never goes away.

I'm sorry if this post seems a little over the top. Nobody who knew these people will probably ever feel comfortable hearing from me about this. They've all got their own way of dealing with things, while I tend to vent more openly. If I vented to them like this, they wouldn't know how to take it and would probably never know how to approach me again. So, naturally I've been holding it in for a while and it feels good to vent where other people will see it... but, believe me.. I meant no disrespect at all. This is a sensitive subject, so I should try to use terms like "emo" more lightly from now on.

Bungee950
Mar 22, 2006, 05:42 PM
That's terrible. A girl at my school committed suicide, and the whole school was stunned for months. In this cruel world, people stomp in each other's faces, always putting others down. I send my condolences to you, and Charlie's other friends and his family.

DavidNel
Mar 22, 2006, 06:57 PM
Suiside, something that I regret seriously. I'm sorry that your friend did this. I can't see how anyone coold kill themselvs (even though it is the 2nd leading cause of teenage death). I can see how someone doesn't want to live, but wanting to die strikes me as off. Good luck with getting on without a friend... I'm sure it is hard.

Daikarin
Mar 22, 2006, 07:09 PM
Don't try it at home kids. It's bad for you, for those who care, and if you believe in reincarnation, it's throwing a life away without solving your issues. That's the conclusion I got to.