PDA

View Full Version : I hate Nook the Racoon

neko-chan
Oct 3, 2002, 09:19 AM
Yep, what the title says.

I need a dam fish cane but that furry bastard doesn't have one in his lame shop...

Can any kind Animal Crossing player send me a code? I can exchange it with some other stuff or some Aria Giovanni pictures (no Ness, I won't send them to you! Stop asking).

Spy
Oct 3, 2002, 10:22 AM
I tried to kill Tom and turn him into a 'Coon-skin hat. Dumb half-assed sim game.

Alielle
Oct 3, 2002, 01:46 PM
He's a tanuki. http://www.educ.ls.toyaku.ac.jp/~s018062/project1.jpg Tanuki are portrayed as pranksters in Japanese stories, so I guess Tom Nook doesn't really deviate that stereotype.

Oh yeah, that's also the reason why all the furniture is represented by a leaf in your inventory. If you've ever played Super Mario 3, you'll understand why that's significant. I haven't looked into the mythological significance of it yet, but I know that the tanuki in Kiki Kaikai (Pocky and Rocky) also uses leaves as a weapon.

What's even scarier is that Kapp'n is a Kappa, which is a mythical water sprite who's fond of eating kids (and cucumbers). Think about that next time you ride his little boat to the island. Ever have any of your neighbors mysteriously disappear...?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alielle on 2002-10-03 11:49 ]</font>

neko-chan
Oct 3, 2002, 02:16 PM
I pretty much know almost all the things you posted Alielle and I'm also able to sing few kiddie songs in Japanese and I also know any single story/urban legend told in Japan that can be sex related.

Now... >_> where's my code? ^_^;

Alielle
Oct 3, 2002, 04:30 PM
On 2002-10-03 12:16, neko-chan wrote:
I pretty much know almost all the things you posted Alielle and I'm also able to sing few kiddie songs in Japanese and I also know any single story/urban legend told in Japan that can be sex related.

Now... >_> where's my code? ^_^;

Well, if you weren't so haughty in your reply, I might've sent you a code. >:O Hey, worshiping Japan and reading Mainichi's WaiWai column everyday doesn't make you any cooler.

neko-chan
Oct 3, 2002, 04:43 PM
On 2002-10-03 14:30, Alielle wrote:
Well, if you weren't so haughty in your reply, I might've sent you a code. >:O Hey, worshiping Japan and reading Mainichi's WaiWai column everyday doesn't make you any cooler.

I'm not whorshipping Japan and I quit reading WaiWai long time ago. I just live with a person from that country that currently spend most of her time trying to teach me something about her culture. But I'm just a little perv without a fish cane and I tend to learn just dirty facts and silly stories.

Name's Kero, town is KeroLand... O_o;;;

Alielle
Oct 3, 2002, 04:56 PM
On 2002-10-03 14:43, neko-chan wrote:

Name's Kero, town is KeroLand... O_o;;;

Alright, alright. At least I'm not the one who added an honorific to my own name, though! Nyarrrr!

tU#tuZE4ccFCfA
UacEh7@OYBjxY%

neko-chan
Oct 3, 2002, 05:03 PM
On 2002-10-03 14:56, Alielle wrote:
Alright, alright. At least I'm not the one who added an honorific to my own name, though! Nyarrrr!

tU#tuZE4ccFCfA
UacEh7@OYBjxY%

You don't know how many troubles I ran into for my names >_>;;;

Thanks tho. I you ever need something PM me. ^o^///

Darrin
Oct 3, 2002, 05:26 PM
You could mess with he time to get one. Thats what I did

neko-chan
Oct 3, 2002, 05:36 PM
Wow! Fishing is a lot more fun than catching bugs and hunting treasures! Thanks again Alielle! ^_^

Alielle
Oct 3, 2002, 05:44 PM
Last night, I kind of overdid it and caught about 100,000 bells' worth of fish(!), so I'm kind of sick of fishing. I'm glad you're having fun, though.

FinalMasterM
Oct 3, 2002, 08:56 PM
I like ummm... just doing odd jobs... my friend pat has been cheating and already has about... 30+ Gyroids in his first floor. Also if you want to know how to make easy money, just PM me...

Spy
Oct 4, 2002, 12:09 AM
I wish I could go hunting. That would make the game 10 times more fun.