PDA

View Full Version : A Year Best Forgotten...

OnnaWren
Mar 20, 2006, 02:58 PM
Let's see, what have I been up to since I was last here...?

Not a whole hell of a lot.

BroWren dumped meover a year ago, the bastard, after eight years of stringing me along, over something that someone figured out on his own (not to mention the info is on a f***ing public website)- and the stress induced then has altered me in ways I cannot define.

I don't trust anyone anymore, not even those who would call themselves my friends (yes, poor Corey, if you are reading this, that means you too, though I wish you the best). I'm better off without them. Nothing ventured, nothing hurt.

I will never love again. I'm too old for this shit. The dating scene is ass, and it all comes back to mistrust again. I just won't go there.

And recently, I was diagnosed with polycystic ovaraian disease. In other words, my reproductive system has been shredded. No kids, not now, not ever.

Oh yes, and being thirtysomething sucks.

Dealing with all of these things has taken its toll on me. I just thought someone should know, that's all. (shrug)

Daikarin
Mar 20, 2006, 04:10 PM
On 2006-03-20 11:58, OnnaWren wrote:
BroWren dumped meover a year ago, the bastard, after eight years of stringing me along, over something that someone figured out on his own (not to mention the info is on a f***ing public website)- and the stress induced then has altered me in ways I cannot define.

Move on. Move on even knowing others might know the info. Can you do it? That's all I can say. And that's all you can do.

I don't trust anyone anymore, not even those who would call themselves my friends (yes, poor Corey, if you are reading this, that means you too, though I wish you the best). I'm better off without them. Nothing ventured, nothing hurt.

(...)

I just thought someone should know, that's all. (shrug)

Yeah. Exactly.

I will never love again. I'm too old for this shit. The dating scene is ass, and it all comes back to mistrust again. I just won't go there.

Dating isn't about mistrust. Infidelity is about mistrust, and they aren't the same thing. Sorry if it didn't work out, but don't generalize.

But I see your point. Nowadays there isn't a sense of committment. Everyone just does everyone without feeling a bond - "Open relationships". Yeah, it's fine and all, but not if you make a vow to someone or someone makes a vow to you. Some people find it wrong to have one partner for the rest of your life. Yeah, following that rush of emotions triggered by the feeling of experiencing multiple different partners, forgetting some of the core basic material for relationships, half of which are psychological and non-luxurious. Then people excuse themselves with their own theories, like the non-existance of soulmates, or multiple soulmates, to say their sexual desire isn't the main reason. Loving someone by their looks and curves will only get you tired of the same looks and curves as the years go by. Even if you do something about it, you'll grow tired, feeling there's no connection between you and her/him. Because there was no connection in the first place - Just sex. I'm not underrating sex, but I see a lot of people overrating it, without balance.

What I'm saying is... Bummer.

And recently, I was diagnosed with polycystic ovaraian disease. In other words, my reproductive system has been shredded. No kids, not now, not ever.

My condolences. There's always a bright side, though.

Oh yes, and being thirtysomething sucks.

Try to be as old as you feel. You can use this both ways, which way is up to you. Good luck, there's always tomorrow.

Charmander02
Mar 20, 2006, 04:20 PM
Do something that'll get your mind off these things.