PDA

View Full Version : FOmars

Neromyr
Mar 20, 2006, 08:27 PM
I HAVE BUT ONE QUESTION... WHATS WITH THE BLOODY DRESS?!?!? IS THERE ANY EPISODE WHERE THE FOMAR IS NOT IN A DRESS???.....heh heh yes i know its actualy two questions

sprky585
Mar 20, 2006, 08:32 PM
On 2006-03-20 17:27, Neromyr wrote:
I HAVE BUT ONE QUESTION... WHATS WITH THE BLOODY DRESS?!?!? IS THERE ANY EPISODE WHERE THE FOMAR IS NOT IN A DRESS???.....heh heh yes i know its actualy two questions

ah just deal with it...think of it as a robe

Neromyr
Mar 20, 2006, 08:39 PM
I try to. I mean i love my fomar(not literally). he kicks butt better than any of my other characters. and i always thought of it as a robe.But one of my friends insisted that my FOmar was wearing a dress. She then proceeded to show me a few prom dresses that looked exactly like some of the FOmars "Robes"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Neromyr on 2006-03-20 17:39 ]</font>

EJ
Mar 20, 2006, 08:40 PM
It's a bloody robe, it not that hard to tell >_>

EJ
Mar 20, 2006, 08:44 PM
Not really since if you look on the front, you can see a line that shows where it splits.

But front cover or whatever that is covers the line.

I assume it goes to the waist then it splits to take off.

Neromyr
Mar 20, 2006, 08:49 PM
i never really saw a seperation line. i always either played multi and had a tiny viewscreen or had to play it on a small tv. so for me it always looked like one piece.I finally hooked it up to my 27 inch (took it out of my living room)and i think i see what your talking about. i guess i will have to show her it then. ( thinks of taking cube over and connecting it to her 61 inch big screen)but out of curiosity does his outfit change any in Blue Burst?

EJ
Mar 20, 2006, 08:56 PM
No, all the outfits are the same the only thing is that it has higher resoultion and you can see the characters much clearer.

Neromyr
Mar 20, 2006, 09:00 PM
ahh ok. perhaps i should show her from blue burst if i get it. ( thinks about HIGH resolution pso on a big screen)

PSOPRINCE
Mar 21, 2006, 12:43 PM
ROBE not dress ROBE

Charmander02
Mar 21, 2006, 03:49 PM
It's kindsa like those things those monks wear.

ladyjaderiver
Mar 21, 2006, 06:11 PM
On 2006-03-20 18:00, Neromyr wrote:
ahh ok. perhaps i should show her from blue burst if i get it. ( thinks about HIGH resolution pso on a big screen)

>.> I have a crapload of screenshots of my FOmar, if you would like any to prove your robe-not-dress point. If there's a specific outfit you'd like pictures of, just tell me which one. ^_^ (I take my screenshots at 800x600, but I can up that if you'd like.)

Neromyr
Mar 21, 2006, 06:58 PM
Nice. that would be great.

ladyjaderiver
Mar 21, 2006, 07:27 PM
Any outfit in particular, or just some good ones in general?

Neromyr
Mar 21, 2006, 07:44 PM
which ever ones you think will best prove its not a dress.

Dreadlock
Mar 21, 2006, 09:11 PM
Yes, I would've preferred it if my FOmar wore these pants.
http://www.slc.k12.ut.us/staff/marjon/images/photos/journal/jan/1.03BIGpants.jpg

I don't like the FOnewn's shirt thing that makes it appear as if he was a fine sister with a bubble butt.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dreadlock on 2006-03-21 18:11 ]</font>

GrumblyStuff
Mar 21, 2006, 09:22 PM
That's pretty much them except puffy. Rave on Fomar.

ladyjaderiver
Mar 21, 2006, 09:32 PM
One thing that you'll need to realize: At their fundamental construction, robes and dresses are pretty much the same (I speak from experience, having made both). They're both made of a bodice/top, and skirts/bottom. A large part of the difference is a cultural thing.

In PSO, we are only given one example of dresses (FOmarls), and one example of robes (FOmars). From these examples, we can gather that belled sleeves are acceptable for either gender, but belled-skirts are distinctly feminine, while we don't see any female characters wearing straight floor-length skirts/robes.

Note that I don't consider FOnewearl and RAcaseal outfits as "dresses" because the skirts are more tacked on for girlish-ness than having any practical purpose. I suppose one could always argue that FOmarls actually wear robes, too...

At any rate, here are the screenshots that I have that make the robes look the best:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v354/ladyjaderiver/PSOBB/huntersguildlucius.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v354/ladyjaderiver/PSOBB/lightsaberofdoom.jpg

>.<;; It appears that that's really all I have for good screenshots of Lucius (excepting the ones where he's getting his ass kicked and I found it amusing enough to hit Print Screen).

ETA: Are you guys talking about hakama pants? (That would be samurai-type pants.) If so, they would indeed work somewhat like the FOmar robes, but, well, they're not really that suited to a spellcaster. The outfits for each class were meant to be at least somewhat stereotypical of the kind of character they are. For example, we've got cutesy magical-girls (FOnewearls), cheeky magic-boys (FOnewms), beautiful/elegant healers (FOmarls), and traditional wizard/mage-type guys (FOmars).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ladyjaderiver on 2006-03-21 18:34 ]</font>