PDA

View Full Version : Firo's new toys~

Firocket1690
Mar 21, 2006, 01:41 AM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a121/Firocket1690/P3200006.jpg

Yes, I'm a fucking whore for new toys. >_>;

Found a few kids with DS's by the shop. Seeing as how I was the only person around that bought tetris (hunters released same day, everybody else has that), I offered a free download, and 0wned teh tetris.

Well, here's to a shitty psuedo mini review.

I love my ds lite. As expected, the thing's smaller and etc. Go google for exact specs. If you've actively played your DS for the past year or so, you've probably adapted to the upper right start/select buttons already. ... Yep, time to change back to lower right, next to touch screen. I've noticed that the L/R/St/Se reset is a lot harder to execute twith the new button placement. Just when you thought Nintendo was done pulling proprietary toys out of nowhere, they changed the DS Lite's adapter again. It looks almost identical to the port that charges the gb micro, except a bit bigger, and without the (wired) multiplayer feature. As probably mentioned in a bunch of other "professional" reviews, there are four levels of brightness for the lcd - dim, moderate, DS standard, and blindness. The highest is almost literally staring into a lightbulb. And yes, it is brighter than the micro's screen. Too bad they didn't leave an OFF switch on the backlight. Speaking of switches, the new power button is on the right side of the console, push and release, function. Simple, not much needs to be said here. One of the major changes I've noticed though, is the fact that the mic has been adjusted to be a lot more sensitive and accurate. Not just the fatc that it's been conveniently relocated to the middle, but it feels as if they're upped the technology in the receiver. My nintendog responds actively, I can blaze through the (verbal) brain training demo, etc. Eep, almost forgot. I think they upgraded the wireless function/reeceiver/whatever/dongle in there quite a bit, as the lite received the full four bars, when the normal DS only found two. (two ds's on the table, searching for the same access point) Physically, the thing is raw sex appeal in a plastic box - completly polished, and double layered. After playing around a bit with a few games, Electroplankton seems to have the most significant (graphical) difference between the two systems. Metroid Prime Pinball's a second too. Hell, Hunters would've probably been on the list if I got it. From the video, it looks cool in itself.

Part 2 - Tetris DS
I don't have much to say here. It's the best game ever, released again. :3
As expected, only two of the modes would be available to mess around on wifi - standard and push.
Three options available though.
2 player - no items
4 player - items on
2 player - push
Kinda.. bland, I guess. But it means a lot to me, because in my younger days, I'd sit around and play tetris to the 20some levels, and get bored. Now I actually have opponents and usch. One more thing, the CPU in this game DOES NOT SUCK. Level 3 should be able to kill most casual players. On average, the lv4 is on par with my skill, and I don't eevn want to think about lv5 (standard mode) One more thing about online mode, it keeps track of records separately, 2p, 4p, and push each have their own win counts. Everybody uses the name of their DS, and that's that. No avatars, communication, nothing.

Nnnn.... That's abotu it. Discuss.

*cuddles DS Lite* ^^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firocket1690 on 2006-03-20 22:50 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firocket1690 on 2006-03-20 22:51 ]</font>

Dhylec
Mar 21, 2006, 09:29 AM
Ooh new toys.
Geez, how do you get so much money for all these constant new toys, Firo? ;o

Eihwaz
Mar 21, 2006, 01:11 PM
DS Lite looks interesting, but I'm gonna stick with my standard DS that I got this past December. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif Though, I like the idea that the mic works better. In Mario Kart DS, I never can really fill up balloons with the damn mic. >_>;

ulyoth
Mar 21, 2006, 01:22 PM
Wow great that looks fantastic..i want one, but new PC has to come first. I might get tetris DS after next pay day.

Outrider
Mar 21, 2006, 04:55 PM
Heh, I just got a DS this past Christmas, so no Lite for me.

Even if it is super-sexy.

Dang it, I haven't been able to track down either Metroid or Tetris just yet. My plan right now is to get Metroid when I find it and wait the month and hopefully snag a copy of Tetris around my birthday.

Firo, mind if I ask how much an import DS Lite costs?

darthsaber9x9
Mar 21, 2006, 05:16 PM
my ds is broken. I'm going for a lite when it gets released.

Eihwaz
Mar 21, 2006, 05:41 PM
Damn, I'm falling behind in terms of DS stuff. I still haven't played Meteos, and now there's Metroid Prime: Hunters and Tetris DS to worry about. I need to look into buying these after I pick up my GC keyboard adaptor.

Maridia
Mar 21, 2006, 07:12 PM
I wish *I* was a rich snob! ^_^

*cuddles DS non-lite and doesn't care about firo's new junk* ;3

Rub it in our faces why doncha ;o

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Maridia on 2006-03-21 16:12 ]</font>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 22, 2006, 12:17 AM
I hate the Software Etc. people.

-"Hey you guys got any copies of Tetris DS left?"
-"What?!"
-"Tetris, DS"
-*turns around and checks* "Uhh nope!"
-*sees 15 copies in the case from over the counter* -"Are all those right there reserved or something?"
-"OH wow, I fount it!" *turns to coworker lady* "You should have told me it was there!"
-Coworker lady "Yeah, I put those there when he wasn't looking!"

Emoticon = -_- @ dum guy + http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif @ lady

AND

TETRIS DS totally did not work.

DS wi-fi is such a pain.

Couldn't connect upon immediately throwing it in and trying to jump online. Got to the select game type screen, then within 15 seconds, error prompt.
-
ERROR 98020

Look online.
-

*goes online, types in 98020*
Says to delete my WFC ID from all other games before making a new one. Ok how do I do that? *Selects erase WFC ID/Settings in menu.* Auto shut off.

Turn back on, WFC ID erased, cool.

Wi-fi CONNECTION settings erased, not cool.

Now gotta wait around for my jerk older brother to reconfigure my DS for internets with his router/wi-fi set up being super super protected that it won't even show up on the search access point prompt. D:

washuguy
Mar 22, 2006, 09:15 AM
On 2006-03-20 22:41, Firocket1690 wrote:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a121/Firocket1690/P3200006.jpg

Yes, I'm a fucking whore for new toys. >_>;

Found a few kids with DS's by the shop. Seeing as how I was the only person around that bought tetris (hunters released same day, everybody else has that), I offered a free download, and 0wned teh tetris.

Well, here's to a shitty psuedo mini review.

I love my ds lite. As expected, the thing's smaller and etc. Go google for exact specs. If you've actively played your DS for the past year or so, you've probably adapted to the upper right start/select buttons already. ... Yep, time to change back to lower right, next to touch screen. I've noticed that the L/R/St/Se reset is a lot harder to execute twith the new button placement. Just when you thought Nintendo was done pulling proprietary toys out of nowhere, they changed the DS Lite's adapter again. It looks almost identical to the port that charges the gb micro, except a bit bigger, and without the (wired) multiplayer feature. As probably mentioned in a bunch of other "professional" reviews, there are four levels of brightness for the lcd - dim, moderate, DS standard, and blindness. The highest is almost literally staring into a lightbulb. And yes, it is brighter than the micro's screen. Too bad they didn't leave an OFF switch on the backlight. Speaking of switches, the new power button is on the right side of the console, push and release, function. Simple, not much needs to be said here. One of the major changes I've noticed though, is the fact that the mic has been adjusted to be a lot more sensitive and accurate. Not just the fatc that it's been conveniently relocated to the middle, but it feels as if they're upped the technology in the receiver. My nintendog responds actively, I can blaze through the (verbal) brain training demo, etc. Eep, almost forgot. I think they upgraded the wireless function/reeceiver/whatever/dongle in there quite a bit, as the lite received the full four bars, when the normal DS only found two. (two ds's on the table, searching for the same access point) Physically, the thing is raw sex appeal in a plastic box - completly polished, and double layered. After playing around a bit with a few games, Electroplankton seems to have the most significant (graphical) difference between the two systems. Metroid Prime Pinball's a second too. Hell, Hunters would've probably been on the list if I got it. From the video, it looks cool in itself.

Part 2 - Tetris DS
I don't have much to say here. It's the best game ever, released again. :3
As expected, only two of the modes would be available to mess around on wifi - standard and push.
Three options available though.
2 player - no items
4 player - items on
2 player - push
Kinda.. bland, I guess. But it means a lot to me, because in my younger days, I'd sit around and play tetris to the 20some levels, and get bored. Now I actually have opponents and usch. One more thing, the CPU in this game DOES NOT SUCK. Level 3 should be able to kill most casual players. On average, the lv4 is on par with my skill, and I don't eevn want to think about lv5 (standard mode) One more thing about online mode, it keeps track of records separately, 2p, 4p, and push each have their own win counts. Everybody uses the name of their DS, and that's that. No avatars, communication, nothing.

Nnnn.... That's abotu it. Discuss.

*cuddles DS Lite* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firocket1690 on 2006-03-20 22:50 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firocket1690 on 2006-03-20 22:51 ]</font>
You will share those right...?

Sef
Mar 22, 2006, 02:30 PM
... >_>

You didn't have to quote the whole thing...

But hmm... I'd really love to get a DS Lite... Guess I'll have to wait till it comes here... I probably won't even have enough money by then...

Go Go Job!

BogusKun
Mar 22, 2006, 07:19 PM
My 7 year old cousin just recently stole my Nintendo DS.. After a fight almost breaking out between his pathetic no good mother and I... My grandmother agreed to replace the DS and Ridge Racer game that got stolen with her next Rent Money. This is going to be the last time I'll ever see him in my presence.

Also, I have plans to replace the Nintendo DS (3rd Nintendo stolen by a family member) and Ridge Racer with the DS Lite and possibly ridge racer and 5 other games ASAP. I will need this before going to Iraq.

Skett
Mar 22, 2006, 09:34 PM
I'm not buying Tetris DS if only because the whole Tetris gameplay bores me after five minutes. I did buy Metroid Prime Hunters recently, which is really fun. I've spent most of my time online, playing with a few guys I know from 1UP.com.