PDA

View Full Version : What's the diff. between Squeeze and Assist Return??

voxie
Mar 21, 2006, 08:37 AM
Here's the details:

Squeeze (3 cost)
Random Assist: Randomly selects an Assist Card from your hand without costing any Action Point, while card is on the field.

No effect is no Assist Cards are on hand.

Assist Return (1 cost)
AS Return: Players with Assist Cards recieve the effect of their cards when this card is set.

No effect is the player has no Assist Cards on hand.

----
This is initially confusing. They sound like they do similar things. I guess I should try it out myself on the field. Assist Return's details seem a little vague to me.

Does Assist Return simply use the effect of an Assist that is in your current hand, without actually using that Assist card itself? If so, then it's a much better choice than Squeeze...

Anyone know??

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: voxie on 2006-03-21 05:38 ]</font>

T0m
Mar 21, 2006, 10:56 AM
I never used squeeze, and I've never even seen it used by anyone. I have the feeling this card takes an assist card from your hand and sets it on the field, so ~if this is the case~ useful only for assist cards costing more than 3
Though I never used assist return, a friend had some in his deck. After setting muscular, he would also use assist return, so he got the effect of muscular twice.

Skorpius
Mar 21, 2006, 04:17 PM
Squeeze's cost is 1, but it was changed to 3 for online play. Squeeze was changed because it was too good.

I've never used Assist Return, but I'm not sure if the text is correct.
It could either be similar to Squeeze, except that it affects all players and doesn't set the assist, or it could just bring back your last played Assist Card.

T0m
Mar 22, 2006, 12:18 PM
Assist return doesn't set an assist card, nor does it return any card to your hand. It just gives the effect of an assist card, set in the same phase and before assist return, again. Like I stated before, if you first set muscular followed with assist return, you will get the effect of muscular twice.

Skorpius
Mar 22, 2006, 12:22 PM
"Assist Return grants the affect of the last Assist you used in the same turn." Got it.

Alisha
Mar 27, 2006, 02:00 PM
wow when you put it that way assist return sounds amazing but long does it last? is the duration based on the original assist card used?

voxie
Mar 27, 2006, 06:08 PM
Cool - I remember trying Assist Return once though, having used an assist about three turns before (Brave Wind I think), and I recall seeing no effect. I'll have to try it a few more times to be sure.

Alisha hi - yeah I mentioned you to McPot, I think we're going to try using an Assist Return team deck later. Let you know what happens, hope you get online again soon. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

-McPot-
Apr 5, 2006, 02:30 PM
i tried using Assist Return and it wont work do u use muscular on some1 else than use muscular on your self cause i dont quite unserstand

RAGNAGELPPOD
Jun 5, 2006, 11:14 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
Thats a good question.
Whenever I use Assist return,I just end up wasting points. However, I have seen a player use a combo of shifta marge and that unblockable 4-cost handgun (I forget the name) while implementing a muscular/assist return strategy, but I forget exactly how she pulled it off.