PDA

View Full Version : Help meee...! -_-

QuadTail
Mar 21, 2006, 02:12 PM
I feel like making a force, but, I dunno if I should make a FOmarl or FOnewearl...
Hmm, grants seems nice, and megid doesn't really appeal to me...
How much a difference is there, really? I looked through the stats and tech bonuses, but... I dunno =/
Is there an easier one of the two?
I've almost only been playing casts so far.

Dhylec
Mar 21, 2006, 02:39 PM
Well, experience, styles & preference will dictate which is better. They both are forces with techs as the main offense & defense.

-Fomarl is mostly set as support (double S/D, R/A range, grant) with room for a little melee due to some ATP.

-Fone is partial support (R/A 2x range) with some offensive (low techs 30% boost, megid) & little to no room for melee - low ATP. But that didn't stop some from trying. ;D

Why not try them both & see which you like?

I hope this won't turn into a Fonewear vs Fomarl thread. Heh, it better not! ;]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2006-03-21 13:09 ]</font>

Ryna
Mar 21, 2006, 03:02 PM
I find the Megid boost of the Fonewearl to be more useful than the Fomarl's Grants boost. There are very few enemies whose major weakness is just Grants.

Before going any further, what version of the game are you playing? Also, do you play offline exclusively?

PSOPRINCE
Mar 21, 2006, 03:12 PM
as i play a fone i find the medgid boost very useful although on ult i find it risky to use medgid although i do believe that hidelts are only weak to grants so the grants boost would be better than the medgid boost even though medgid is alot more fun

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Mar 21, 2006, 03:16 PM
I have mostly FOnewearls. I use Foie, Zonde, Barta, and Grants most. I use Summit Moons, which boosts Foie, Zonde, and Barta by 30%. My Forces are almsot Tech exclusive, so Atp/Ata dosn't matter much. But try both, depends on how you play Forces(I ply offline only, so Techs do far more damage).

Ryna
Mar 21, 2006, 03:19 PM
On 2006-03-21 12:12, PSOPRINCE wrote:
as i play a fone i find the medgid boost very useful although on ult i find it risky to use medgid although i do believe that hidelts are only weak to grants so the grants boost would be better than the medgid boost even though medgid is alot more fun

Try playing through Ult Seabed sometime. Most enemies in that stage are weak to Megid.

QuadTail
Mar 21, 2006, 03:22 PM
On 2006-03-21 12:02, Ryna wrote:
I find the Megid boost of the Fonewearl to be more useful than the Fomarl's Grants boost. There are very few enemies whose major weakness is just Grants.

Before going any further, what version of the game are you playing? Also, do you play offline exclusively?

I'm offline only, yeah... -.-
And, it's the GC version.

PSOPRINCE
Mar 21, 2006, 03:28 PM
On 2006-03-21 12:19, Ryna wrote:

On 2006-03-21 12:12, PSOPRINCE wrote:

Try playing through Ult Seabed sometime. Most enemies in that stage are weak to Megid.

ok its good exp anyway

Ryna
Mar 21, 2006, 03:31 PM
On 2006-03-21 12:22, QuadTail wrote:
I'm offline only, yeah... -.-
And, it's the GC version.

If you are playing offline, the Fonewearl's tech boosts become more useful since monsters have lower technique resistances.

Having said that, you should try both classes out to see which one you like. Fomarls are better suited for meleeing, while Fonewearls are good at teching. It just depends on your playing style as to which one you will prefer.

PSOPRINCE
Mar 21, 2006, 03:37 PM
so does that mean that fonewearls are better?

Ketchup345
Mar 21, 2006, 03:41 PM
On 2006-03-21 12:37, PSOPRINCE wrote:
so does that mean that fonewearls are better?
Not really. It means offline FOnewearls may clear areas slightly faster than FOmarls.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2006-03-21 16:07 ]</font>

GrumblyStuff
Mar 21, 2006, 04:08 PM
On 2006-03-21 12:41, Ketchup345 wrote:
Not really. It means offline FOnewearls may clear areas slightly faster than FOnewearls.
Say what what?

Ryna
Mar 21, 2006, 04:12 PM
On 2006-03-21 13:08, GrumblyStuff wrote:

On 2006-03-21 12:41, Ketchup345 wrote:
Not really. It means offline FOnewearls may clear areas slightly faster than FOnewearls.
Say what what?

Ketchup345 meant to say that offline Fonewearls may clear areas slightly faster than FOMARLS.

That doesn't mean Fomarls are any less fun to play though.

Eihwaz
Mar 21, 2006, 05:39 PM
If you want to melee, then I would suggest you go with FOmarl, as they are much, much better suited to melee than FOnewearls. Granted, you can melee with FOnewearls, but it's a quite the challenge.

If you have the memory card space, why not try making a melee FOmarl AND a FOnewearl?