PDA

View Full Version : Would you ever go on Fear Factor?

InfinityXXX
Mar 22, 2006, 10:50 AM
would you?

If you don't know what it is, its a show in which 5 people do 3 extreme stunts. People that fail or do the stunt at a slow time are eliminated. The first stunt is usually an extreme stunt like standing on a truck while 2 trucks are at top speed and having to jump to the other truck. The second event is usally something nasty like eating a pig rectum and the final stunt is something really hard like falling down a building and having to collect flags as you fall. If you win you get $50 grand.

I think I could do it but the second event will make me or break me. Like I could probably eat a worm but a pig rectum?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfinityXXX on 2006-03-22 07:51 ]</font>

trypticon
Mar 22, 2006, 11:27 AM
The people I see on that show are retardedly desperate for funds, and you're right, it's the second thing that weeds the smart out from the stupid.

Yeah, eat this rotting fish covered with ants in less than a minute. You have to finish four of them and not barf.

The last thing will have you sorting through rotton cow brains for a number of keys while spinal fluid pours down upon you. Once again, if you vomit, you're disqualified.

Last time I heard, eating really wasn't something I was afraid of at all. I'm just not stupid enough to eat rotton things. The show SHOULD have been named Idiots on TV Factor, or How Far Can We Push These Morons To Entertain The Public Factor.

No, I wouldn't go on the show. Even if I won the final prize, it still wouldn't be enough to live down being seen on the show itself.

Jive18
Mar 22, 2006, 11:31 AM
Infinity - Same here. The 1st and 3rd stunts always look more exciting than scary, and I'd look forward to trying them. The 2nd event kills everyone though. Most of the eating ones I could probably get through, but I've seen some that are just revolting - such as catching a ground-up mixture of beetles, cockroaches, and worms in your mouth and then spitting it into a bucket, until the bucket is completely full :/.

I think Adam is probably right though. I'd probably feel disgraced after doing the 2nd challenge.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jive18 on 2006-03-22 08:34 ]</font>

astuarlen
Mar 22, 2006, 12:14 PM
No way I'm gonna eat any of the creepy crawlies or whatever in the second event. Ewwww to the max. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_dead.gif

Eihwaz
Mar 22, 2006, 01:42 PM
I utterly fail to understand how eating something gross is supposed to be scary. Gross does not equal scary.

That being said, I wouldn't want to go on the show.

Jive18
Mar 22, 2006, 01:50 PM
On 2006-03-22 10:42, Eihwaz wrote:
I utterly fail to understand how eating something gross is supposed to be scary. Gross does not equal scary.

That being said, I wouldn't want to go on the show.

Well, I don't think it is supposed to be scary. It's more like the contestants have fear of eating something gross, hence "Fear Factor". More like a phobia, really. You can still fear something without it being scary, though those two words usually coincide.

Saiffy
Mar 22, 2006, 02:08 PM
It's easier than thinking of another event that can eleminate people http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

That being said, I threw up once watching it some stuff that they've had to eat. You can guess.

InfinityXXX
Mar 22, 2006, 11:16 PM
I was watching it last night(I'm not a huge fan of the show but every now and then I catch and its entertaining) and I saw one of the most revolting, disgusting, just flat out nasty. They had to chew these fat green catepillar lookin' worms that dwell in tomatoes and spit the worms guts in a cup AND THEN drink the cup once its filled to a line.

Uggh, I would've wlaked off the show. But I've seen worse. I've seen contestants have to eat a pizza. The dough and crust made of some animals liver, the sauce....pig bile I think....covered with maggots and fleas.

I often wonder, is this safe? I know in some countries people eat cochroaches but....DAMN, I'm surprised peta haven't attacked.(lol)

But has anyone seen how, like when theres the 2nd challenge and a contestant forfeits out of disgust and the host gets an attitude or even call the contestant an wimp?

trypticon
Mar 23, 2006, 01:59 AM
On 2006-03-22 20:16, InfinityXXX wrote:

But has anyone seen how, like when theres the 2nd challenge and a contestant forfeits out of disgust and the host gets an attitude or even call the contestant an wimp?

Yeah, I have. Seriously, if I was in the place of one of those contestants and the host started getting on my case about not wanting to eat pig poop mixed with maggots, spiders, and living diseased rats, I would march right over to him and beat the living $h!t out of him. Then when he's laying on the floor just barely twitching I would ask who the real wimp was.

Then, to top it all off, instead of giving him CPR to revive him, I'd stuff that crap down his throat until he died, make sure it gets on camera, get the shown thrown off the air, and laugh about it.

I really don't care if I ended up in prison, at least Americans wouldn't have the choice of viewing such poor entertainment anymore.

Zelutos
Mar 23, 2006, 03:38 AM
I would totally go on Fear Factor...there was this other one i would have loved to go on...it was a show where they send people to haunted places...uh...yeah..i want to go on that kind of show too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I would so win <3

InfinityXXX
Mar 23, 2006, 10:54 AM
On 2006-03-22 22:59, trypticon wrote:

On 2006-03-22 20:16, InfinityXXX wrote:

Yeah, I have. Seriously, if I was in the place of one of those contestants and the host started getting on my case about not wanting to eat pig poop mixed with maggots, spiders, and living diseased rats, I would march right over to him and beat the living $h!t out of him. Then when he's laying on the floor just barely twitching I would ask who the real wimp was.

Then, to top it all off, instead of giving him CPR to revive him, I'd stuff that crap down his throat until he died, make sure it gets on camera, get the shown thrown off the air, and laugh about it.

I really don't care if I ended up in prison, at least Americans wouldn't have the choice of viewing such poor entertainment anymore.

LMAO at your entire post. I dunno the host name but hes a bitch at some times.

BogusKun
Mar 23, 2006, 09:45 PM
I would win.... but I won't sell out.