PDA

View Full Version : Next Gen. Gaming

virus499
Mar 22, 2006, 12:47 PM
Is anyone out there waiting for the revolution to come out...I loved the Gamecube than I Cant wait to mess with the new controler...the nintendo revolution has my vote for next Gen. gaming. what about you???

fumatanera
Mar 22, 2006, 12:48 PM
i would seriouslt consider the Revolution if they do what they did with GC/GBA. being able to play the DS on a t.v. through the Rev would be sweet

LSF
Mar 22, 2006, 02:04 PM
Nintendo are the only ones who do anything for me,
so it's Revolution all the way.

Bungee950
Mar 22, 2006, 05:34 PM
Thank goodness. Other people who acknowledge the existence of the Revolution. Can't wait! *spins around and sings*

Charmander02
Mar 22, 2006, 05:58 PM
Hmm...dunno much about the Revoloution, info please?

Dreadlock
Mar 22, 2006, 06:23 PM
Microsoft has let me down. And I haven't gone to Nintendo since the 64 days. I have to bet my money on Sony.

Ketchup345
Mar 22, 2006, 06:56 PM
I don't agree with console wars. Most true gamers purchase more than one system anyways.

I'll likely get a PS3 when (hopefully it won't be if) its price drops and they begin to get good in quality (my early PS2 had to be sent in for repairs once and should be sent in again), and depending one the games, a Revolution also. I probably won't be getting an XBox 360 though. XBox games don't seem to be my type, too many seem to be sports or FPSs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2006-03-22 17:19 ]</font>

EphekZ
Mar 22, 2006, 08:04 PM
Ill stick with my computer. as Im not interested in any of the new consoles

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkgunner on 2006-03-22 17:05 ]</font>

VioletSkye
Mar 22, 2006, 08:16 PM
I'll definitely get a PS3 and a Revolution. I'm with Ketchup though on the XBox 360, it doesn't interest me at all.

DevinTre
Mar 22, 2006, 09:13 PM
I'm definitely for the Revolution.

Skett
Mar 22, 2006, 09:31 PM
No "all of them"? You fail.

Like I said, I'm going to get them all. I already have the 360, Revolution next, and PS3 after a few price drops. Boom, I win.

Blitzkommando
Mar 22, 2006, 10:26 PM
The only system that remotely interests me as of right now is the Revolution. Well, aside from PC being listed. In which case none of the consoles even come close.

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Mar 22, 2006, 11:23 PM
Can't wait till the Revolution!

=~.^=

Dreadlock
Mar 23, 2006, 12:32 AM
On 2006-03-22 15:56, Ketchup345 wrote:
I don't agree with console wars. Most true gamers purchase more than one system anyways.

Are you indicating that true gamers are those in the upper class with the wealth to afford more than one system and the individual games for each system?

I consider myself a gamer. I keep myself updated. I play as many games as I can. Usually years after they come out. I've run the gamut from pong to Halo 2 to Mario Bros. to Counterstrike to Chrono Trigger to Phantasy star to duck hunt to Gran Turismo to...I can't name them all. I don't get to play everything because I can't afford it, but I consider myself educated in the art of gaming. I play things here and there at various places and other people's houses. What I can afford I play. I use the rest for important things. Like food and rent.

I for one. Cannot afford these things. I get one system at a time, if lucky. The only time when I have more than one system is when a few years have passed since the other system came out, and the prices have dropped. Maybe. But usually by then the system is near extinct. I guess you could bring up the argument that they're not to expensive after a while of hard work, but that depends on the point of view you're talking from. And the kind of job and life I have.

Outrider
Mar 23, 2006, 01:29 AM
While I think it's completely fair to say that you can't buy more than one system due to financial constraints (cause hey, we all gotta feed ourselves before we can game), I think saying that you can't buy a system because it's "extinct" is a little silly.

Heck, I didn't get a Saturn until I found it for thirty bucks at a Toys R' Us, but I picked one up and managed to fool around with it. Similar thing happened with the Dreamcast for me. I'll probably pick up an X-Box in a year or two and catch up on the couple of games I'd like to play on that.

Seriously, I can't count the number of games I've waited for years until I could actually play them. It didn't make the experience any worse that it was so late in the game. They were still fun.