PDA

View Full Version : Easily offended? Love the mentally challenged? Don't read th

Uncle_bob
Mar 22, 2006, 07:02 PM
Okay. First and foremost, I want to get this off of my chest:

I don't like the mentally handicapped. They're a burden on society.

I have worked with them and encountered many of them in my very short life. Guess what I have noticed? They're virtually useless.

This has hit me quite hard in the past 9 months, starting when I began working at the Sav-A-Center grocery store. I'm listed as a "bagger", but my job is mostly just doing whatever everyone else can't do or is simply too lazy to do. It's an alright job though, I get my work done as best I can. This brings me to the meat of this topic.

There are two retards that "do the same job" that I do, my shift picks up just after theirs ends. Now when I say they "do the same job" that I do, that means that they fuck around during their shift -- Not sweeping nor mopping, not taking care of un-purchased or expired items..you get the idea.

When I arrive at work on any given day, the front of the store is a complete fucking mess. The grocery carts are strewn about and not aligned properly, the floors are dirty, the mops aren't washed, and so on. So generally I spend about an hour, and sometimes more, simply doing all the work that they were too lazy and incompetent to do on their shift. Did I mention that they often eat, drink, and go to the near-by Radio Shack while they're on the clock? And here's the biggest blow to me. They're paid more per hour than I am.

So, my point is this..the mentally handicapped really are a burden on society, and they have no position in the work-force. They can't do shit. And I'm not saying this just because of the two at my work-place. I've met and witnessed many others in my life, and they do the exact same thing. They just fuck around and get nothing accomplished, and the result is that people praise them for it.

Call me cruel, sick, evil..I don't give a fuck. I had to get this off of my sack chest.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Uncle_bob on 2006-03-22 16:03 ]</font>

PJ
Mar 22, 2006, 07:08 PM
Would it be reasonable to get them fired and have them replaced?

I can't tell if you mean these people are just so dumb and that's what they do, or if they are actually mentally handicapped. If they ARE, I'd think they'd be under some super vision >_>;;;

EDIT: ...supervision http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif Not super vision

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2006-03-22 16:08 ]</font>

Uncle_bob
Mar 22, 2006, 07:11 PM
On 2006-03-22 16:08, PJ wrote:
Would it be reasonable to get them fired and have them replaced?

I can't tell if you mean these people are just so dumb and that's what they do, or if they are actually mentally handicapped. If they ARE, I'd think they'd be under some super vision >_>;;;

EDIT: ...supervision http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif Not super vision

When I say they are retarded, I mean it literally. The motions, slurred speech, actions, behavior..

Anyhow, the store would be sued up their ass if they fired them. There's some bullshit laws about how they cannot discriminate against people based on sex, religion, race, and physical or mental handicaps. Gah. D:

They're not under any supervision, however. The managers don't give a fuck, but that's a whole 'nother rant in itself.

Daikarin
Mar 22, 2006, 07:27 PM
Let me start by saying that my post isn't the best thing to read if you don't have in mind that I want to discuss, not to attack. I've grown tired of the assholes who accuse me of trying to do something else rather than argumenting and stating a point of view.

You're not wrong. Mentally handicapped people shouldn't be doing the same job as a "smart", "normal", whatever you want to call it person. Ans to have them being rewarded for something they haven't the abilities to do is a mistake.

But what are you going to do, Uncle? Why not dispose of all the worthless ones right here, right now? I mean, you pretty much have all the argumentation, what separates you from committing a genocide of all the retards in the world? The thought that "They're people as well, only less smart", allied to your reasoning of seeing your frustration of the moment. Also, they give job to people by having them take care of them. It may not be as cool as rocket engineering, but at least those who take care of mentally handicapped people aren't unemployed.

Next. A burden to society? What about criminals, corrupt leaders, blind referees, terrorists? You don't see mentally handicapped people smuggling drugs or shooting people (and I mean the non-psychotic ones), or getting emo enough to kill themselves, being so stupid as they probably are. THOSE people, are the ones whose actions truly act retrograde in terms of human evolution - Mentally handicapped act as if still in time. *

Look here.

http://www.dads.state.tx.us/services/dads_help/images/mr_male.jpg

Now look here.

http://www.rnw.nl/informarn/assets/images/jihad.jpg

I'm exaggerating, but only to put this in perspective.

Yeah, I mean. A man is born to supposedly mark his presence and tribute to society in this modern world. If you don't do anything but castles out of cards all day, forcing others to work to make you live decently (maids/"babysitters") they truly don't contribute anything to anyone.

If they can't do anything, don't place them where they can't do anything.

* It brings me to yet another topic: Being so miserable as they should be, being "dumb" and all, most still manage to be happy (within a standard). You don't see them committing suicide - Perhaps too stupid to think of that "solution"? In that case, ignorance is bliss.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Daikarin on 2006-03-22 17:21 ]</font>

Blitzkommando
Mar 22, 2006, 07:40 PM
I'm sure there are some jobs out there where they could work, or at least would not be hindering the normal functionings of the company. Make them greeters, cart collectors, things of that nature. It would at least give them purpose in the store rather than just sitting around twiddling thier thumbs. Of course, I realize the problem in that is you don't have that power. That's frustrating and a bit depressing for you and I completely understand. Hey, the only thing you can do is continue to do what you do and try your best to ignore it.

Dangerous55
Mar 22, 2006, 08:07 PM
I respect any man or woman who brings about an unpopular topic or view. If they intend to work they should be held to a standard just like everyone else.

Solstis
Mar 22, 2006, 08:14 PM
And what is your function? What if a mentally handicapped person were to influence great things (directly or indirectly)? What if that mentally handicapped person achieved more than you ever could; for society, for humanity.

As far as I'm concerned, might as well kill a good number of the people out there. Stack their bodies up, plant them as fertilizer. I have a feeling that a random Internet poster would be more useful to me as plant food than a fellow human being. It's my air, my planet too you know. Stop hogging it with your living.

Of course, those people were not useful in that function. It happens. Get the fuck over it, or buy a gun. Become a corrupt politician. Whatever.

http://asclepius.com/angel/asfinfo.html

Behavioral uniqueness: any combination of frequent laughter/smiling; apparent happy demeanor; easily excitable personality, often with hand flapping movements; hypermotoric behavior; short attention span

Nice to think that there's people out there that are happy, truly happy without worries, though probably involuntarily.

[Edit 2]:

Now, I'm not saying that they're probably useful. More than likely not, and they're just wasting time and space. My point is, that your life, unless you believe in an afterlife, is also a waste of time, and it doesn't particularly matter what you do anyway.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2006-03-22 17:21 ]</font>

Eihwaz
Mar 22, 2006, 09:17 PM
On 2006-03-22 16:40, Norvekh wrote:
I'm sure there are some jobs out there where they could work, or at least would not be hindering the normal functionings of the company. Make them greeters, cart collectors, things of that nature. It would at least give them purpose in the store rather than just sitting around twiddling thier thumbs. Of course, I realize the problem in that is you don't have that power. That's frustrating and a bit depressing for you and I completely understand. Hey, the only thing you can do is continue to do what you do and try your best to ignore it.

Quoted for truth.

I think what Uncle Bob is saying is not that he thinks that all handicapped people be taken out and shot, but rather this: they should not have jobs that they are incapable of doing. Is that such a crazy idea? >_>;

DavidNel
Mar 22, 2006, 09:17 PM
Retards ARE useless, sorry but thats the way it is. They are born with disabilities and hinder our sociaty by making us treat them the same way. The fact is that we arn't all the same. People like this arn't bad, but simply messed up. Then, laws are put into place giving the "special" people "special" rights...

To the guy who stated about the corrupt, the only way to get rid of them is to actually enforce laws and/or make the punishment more severe.

Retards on the other hand, you can't get rid of. So, if they would stay out of the workforce and out of the way everyone would be happy. People wouldn't make fun of them, and they wouldn't impeed on the rest.

ABDUR101
Mar 22, 2006, 09:28 PM
You can't exactly hold them accountable for slacking off. Fuck, anywhere where there is a lack of supervision for people that require it, there will be fucking around. Mentally handicapped or not.

Your own friends are more than likely fuck-offs when the 'boss'' isn't around as well. You can't exactly call your co-workers lazy, they aren't being reprimanded, so to them it's ok behavior.

And yes, they are held to the same standard as eveyrone else when it comes to the work force. Don't be so damn dense. If they got the job, they are held accountable to perform it's duties just like you are. If they fail at their duties, they can be issued warnings, and eventually left go because they were unable to follow through with what the job required. It's entirely legal, the store or whatever isn't going to get sued for showing any sort of discrimination.

I have a cousin who works at the local Red Lobster, very minimal work, such as wrapping silverware and washing dishes, and he loves it.

What pisses me off? Douche-bag mother fuckers that make fun of him, put him down and get him so upset and depressed by the end of the day that he's besides himself.

The mentally handicapped a drain on society? Please, I know of a lot of people that are far worse on society than the mentally handicapped will ever be.

Maybe instead of taking your frustration out on the mentally handicapped, you take it to your managers, and if your managers don't do anything about it, be pissed at them, they're the ones that set the pace for everyone else who works there. Regardless of sexual orientation, race, gender or mental capacity.

Or you can always shove off and go somewhere else.

As for them getting paid more than you, maybe they've been there longer, and if not, who really gives a shit?

In a standard day of work for me, I handle everyone else's caseload, I do therapist level work, and they make five times more than I do, and add to the fact that I manage the department I work in, yeah, it doesn't add up, but thats how the cookie crumbles. You either deal with it and move on, or you do something about it with those involved.

Best of luck in any case.

Solstis
Mar 22, 2006, 09:33 PM
On 2006-03-22 18:17, Eihwaz wrote:

Quoted for truth.

I think what Uncle Bob is saying is not that he thinks that all handicapped people be taken out and shot, but rather this: they should not have jobs that they are incapable of doing. Is that such a crazy idea? >_>;

Reasonable.

I don't like the mentally handicapped. They're a burden on society.

Difference? I think so. Can't say if it's just from being angry, or if Uncle has a handicapped chip on his shoulder (I need a joke writer or something).

Atayin
Mar 23, 2006, 12:43 AM
Hahaha. Are you serious? A human being is a human being. You can't measure a person's worth based on your standards, no matter what they might be. Maybe they aren't worth much for certain TASKS... but I think you went a little far. Maybe I should make a thread that tries to justify hate towards all non-genius members of society, as they have supposedly contributed so less then those of greater intellect. Make sense?

If you want to consider somebody less capable then you as a "burden on society"... then I'm sure we can find plenty of individuals out there that would make YOU look like a burden if you tried to fill their shoes.

I know it must suck working with them, but just because some mentally challenged employees aren't fit to do your job doesn't mean that they're a complete burden on society. So, I'm not offended, here or anything.. just trying to give you a different perspective.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atayin on 2006-03-22 21:49 ]</font>

Shadowpawn
Mar 23, 2006, 01:03 PM

Or he could use his off days to find a different job and quit. There's no use staying in a place hinders you in any means.

WraithVerge
Mar 23, 2006, 01:51 PM
I'd have to say its the administration at fault here, not the retards. If management is being strict enough, people will fuck around like that and you're stuck doing their work. Same shit happened to me at my workplace a while back. People just sat around talking while for some fucking reason I get yelled at for "not doing my job" when I'm the only one out cleaning tables. So I said "Fuck it" one day and quit.

But that is an interesting revelation about the mentally handicapped that you've come up with. I have dealt with very few of them myself, but for the most part have never seen any working at a store.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WraithVerge on 2006-03-23 10:54 ]</font>

navci
Mar 23, 2006, 02:13 PM
On 2006-03-22 17:14, Solstis wrote:
As far as I'm concerned, might as well kill a good number of the people out there. Stack their bodies up, plant them as fertilizer. I have a feeling that a random Internet poster would be more useful to me as plant food than a fellow human being. It's my air, my planet too you know. Stop hogging it with your living.

Agreed.
There are a good many "normal" people out there that slack off and fuck around at work, incompetent people at the chair of management or very important positions. While you're at it we might as well kill them too. They are a burden of society also, and because they disguise themselves as "normal" they can cast off a much bigger burden on society than any mentally handicapped person.

They are going to be around no matter what. So complicated is our biology there is not going to be perfect human beings all over the place. Base on what you're saying, I can also say, "I hate ugly people, they shouldn't be able to hold jobs where people can see them. Why don't we kill them all?"

Where do we stop?

Charmander02
Mar 23, 2006, 04:11 PM
I dont think that its handicapped poeple in general that are pissing you off, just those two at you're work are giving the rest of the handicapped a bad reputation. I mean look at Forest Gump,( so what if he wasn't a real person?) he was a little messed in the head, but thats what made him so cool. Also, its not handicapped people's fault that they're that way either, so you should be happy that you're not retarted. Also, just tell you're boss that these two were dicking around and your problems are gone.

washuguy
Mar 23, 2006, 05:22 PM
Ouch. Low blow all the way. Just bacause they're diffrent, don't mean they should be hated. They're people too, and deserve respect.

Uncle_bob
Mar 23, 2006, 09:32 PM
Holy shit, a bunch of dumbshits raped this topic without reading everything I said.

1. I never said I HATE retards. I said I don't LIKE them, there's a difference there.

2. I stated that the MANAGEMENT AT MY STORE DOES NOT GIVE A FLYING FUCK that the retards don't get their work done. Telling them would be a waste of my time as it would get nothing done.

3. I never said I thought they should be killed and exterminated. What the fuck? Don't put words in my mouth. They simply shouldn't belong at work places, most of all grocery stores. For the most part, they're devoid of any practical and social skills. They should be at home with their families or in a nursing home of some sort.

You know what? Fuck all of you, people here can't read worth a shit. Someone lock this, please.