PDA

View Full Version : M$ is ev0r!

neko-chan
Oct 4, 2002, 03:16 AM
It seems that uncle Bill sued Lik Sang for making Xbox mod chips... >_>

http://news.com.com/2100-1040-960594.html?tag=cd_mh

I don't care about their problems, it's just Lik Sang is probably the best videogames shop ever... and now is closed ;_;

Mazarin
Oct 4, 2002, 03:48 AM
Oh COME ON!

If Sony would have done it(and they wanted to), no one'd have raised a stink.

neko-chan
Oct 4, 2002, 04:02 AM
Hey, I'm not bitching about Microsoft! Post title is ironic.
It could be Sony, Nintendo, whatever. It's just I like lik sang, I'm one of their customer and for me is a loss to see it closed.

Mazarin
Oct 4, 2002, 04:11 AM
I see. I understand http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I had a local guy I knew for years that did my Saturn modding. After that, I had my PS and Dreamcast done by this guy. He was my only source for JP games, and his prices were good. Then one week he said he was going to ditch the store, but not sure if he was going to sell it, or what. Then less than a week later, the place was ghost.

I haven't gotten a JP game since http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif That was @ least a year and a half ago. >.<

Alisha
Oct 4, 2002, 04:15 AM
i think this is BULLSHIT!!!!! a cease and desist on modchips id understand but this.............

note alisha is extremely pissed off because she keeps getting disconnected

neko-chan
Oct 4, 2002, 04:18 AM
On 2002-10-04 02:15, Alisha wrote:
i think this is BULLSHIT!!!!! a cease and desist on modchips id understand but this.............

note alisha is extremely pissed off because she keeps getting disconnected

Finally someone is using a avatar I made... ^o^///

Usually I buy JP games in a local store near my home but if I need special stuff I always check the lik sang catalog since most of the import shops in my town buy things from them.

Saladwood
Oct 4, 2002, 06:09 AM
ALSO

Newer xboxs won't take existing chips

and bad news to people who have chipped xboxs and want xbox live...

... the xbox live kit will contain XBOX SOFTWARE UPDATES. most likely finding any exsiting chips.

fun fun.

neko-chan
Oct 4, 2002, 08:34 AM
UPDATE

Today the little videogames shop near my home is closed without any notice.

jazzyfox
Oct 4, 2002, 09:54 AM
It's a matter of preserving the "First Sale" doctrine. Once MS sells you the physical good (XBox hardware) you can do whatever you damn well please with it. That includes putting a mod chip in. They also have every right to try and stop people from doing that, but not by strongarming. For example, making a new revision of the XBox hardware that breaks current chips is ok. Shutting down some business because they sell a product that has a possibility of interfering with their flawed business model is bad.

Unfortunately, many companies think they have a God-given right to profit, and will attempt to use legal forces to protect a flawed business model. In this case the Gillette razorblade model. (Give away/loss on the machine, make it up on games.) There is no contract specifying that you must buy games. They want you to, but cannot require it without a signed contract when you buy the console.

But I ramble.

Spy
Oct 4, 2002, 10:48 AM
Microsoft is the devil. It's making ripples in the gaming industry alright, but more bad than good.

Ananke
Oct 4, 2002, 11:00 AM
What the hell japanese X-box games exist that are even worth the trouble for in the first place?

Ian D
Oct 4, 2002, 01:23 PM
Wow, this sucks. Damn you M$, damn you to hell!

neko-chan
Oct 4, 2002, 01:36 PM
UPDATE

I went to buy a sandwich and a can of orange juice but the convenience store was closed. What the hell is going on? >_>

Kent
Oct 4, 2002, 03:53 PM
Sucks to be Lik Sang...

TedEdFred
Oct 4, 2002, 05:05 PM
On 2002-10-04 09:00, Ananke wrote:
What the hell japanese X-box games exist that are even worth the trouble for in the first place?

Maybe some people don't like to "buy" their x-box games...?

Ananke
Oct 4, 2002, 05:10 PM
On 2002-10-04 15:05, TedEdFred wrote:
Maybe some people don't like to "buy" their x-box games...?

Yeah, good point. 90% of existing X-Box titles should be given away for free, what with all the sucking.