PDA

View Full Version : Corruptions Aplenty!

Jive18
Mar 23, 2006, 10:57 PM
So apparently I have the worst luck with keeping my stuff safe on my PS2 memory card (the black, 8mb one). I paid $25 for this piece of crap at Best Buy, and today marks the 3rd time one of my DDR save files have been corrupted. Not only does this delete all of my high scores, it also deletes everything that must be unlocked. This means I, once again, have to go through about 400 songs, mostly repeats, unlocking everything again.

I need some help here. Should I buy one those USB cards that allows me to backup my files on the pc? I probably would have done this by now, but I've heard that 3rd party cards are unreliable. Are there any brands out there that are the exception to this belief?

Suggestions are appreciated as always.

Tomoki
Mar 23, 2006, 11:06 PM
Just dont buy anything that says "MadCatz" on it. Datel is pretty stable though.

Jive18
Mar 23, 2006, 11:17 PM
Yeah, for any gaming accessories I always avoid Pelican and Madcatz. Does Datel offer a USB memory card by chance?

LSF
Mar 24, 2006, 12:08 AM
On 2006-03-23 20:06, Tomoki wrote:
Just dont buy anything that says "MadCatz" on it.

Or for that matter 'Sony'.

Tomoki
Mar 24, 2006, 12:18 AM
On 2006-03-23 20:17, Jive18 wrote:
Yeah, for any gaming accessories I always avoid Pelican and Madcatz. Does Datel offer a USB memory card by chance?

http://us.codejunkies.com/shop/product.asp?c=US&cr=USD&cs=$&r=0&l=1&ProdID=302

That one isnt a memory card, but it can hold saves. You could use it as more of a backup. It comes in smaller sizes too.

Eihwaz
Mar 24, 2006, 01:30 AM
I am disturbed by this news. I have a MadCatz memory card, and I have some PSO data on it. Nothing major, in terms of character levels, though I do have one character on there holding a number of items...

o_o;

Maridia
Mar 24, 2006, 04:24 PM
MadCatz is the devil. Sadly, they're also the only people around here who provide DDR pads for anything remotely reasonably priced.

But uh, wazzy, I'd watch that if I was you. I know several people who used MadCatz cards and they regretted it. It might not give you a problem, but there's a high chance of it just going *poof* one day.

Jive18
Mar 24, 2006, 04:32 PM
On 2006-03-24 13:24, Maridia wrote:
MadCatz is the devil. Sadly, they're also the only people around here who provide DDR pads for anything remotely reasonably priced.

Yeah, Madcatz pads are pretty cheap, both in price and in quality :/. I took the plunge and dropped $80 on a RedOctane Ignition at Best Buy, but for casual DDR'ers that's a bit too much.

On topic, I'm thinking Datel looks good. A backup is really what I need.

KariMia
Mar 24, 2006, 11:04 PM
MadCatz being crap is an understatement!

I've had this little $5 card that I found at Wal-Mart in an emergency for making characters for my friends in an offline game. This thing worked for years for me, I tell you I was almost ready to forgive MadCatz for their crap products!

Then I go online with the card and it corrupts...
Um... all of my PSO data was lost and every other game that was on it. -_-

I think you'll be fine provided you don't go online with it.