PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Artists and Songs?

Atayin
Mar 24, 2006, 01:22 AM
Ok! So here's what's going on.

I've got this MP3 player sitting right here and it's just great.. but I'm sick of what's on it. I'm looking for some new music that isn't mainstream or played out.

So, could anybody could do me me a favor by telling me your favorite artists and songs that aren't on my playlist? It'd help me out http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

My taste in music is all over the place and I want to find something new, which is why I'm asking anybody to throw in suggestions.

I'll even list off everything on my playlist so that you can run a CTRL+F to see if i've already got it on there before you mention it.

40 Below Summer
AFI
Ben Harper
Blink 182
Blur
Brand New
Chevelle
Clutch
Coheed & Cambria
Coldplay
Common
Crossfade
Dark New Day
Dashboard Confessional
David Benoit
Death Cab For Cutie
Depeche Mode
Filter
Finch
Fine Young Cannibals
Frou Frou
Fuel
The Game
Garbage
Gerard McMann
Grillaz
Hanz Zimmer
Hot Hot Heat
Imogen Heap
Jack Johnson
James Blunt
Jimmy Eat World
John Williams
Kanye West
Kasabian
Keane
Linkin Park
Lost Prophets
Massive Attack
Matthew Good
Metric
Mew
Moby
Muse
Nine Inch Nails
The Offspring
Peter Gabriel
Placebo
The Postal Service
RA
Ragnarok Online
Rise Against http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif
Seal
Shawn Mullins
Shenmue
Smashing Pumkins
Social Distortion
Soundgarden
Starting Line
Sting
Stone Temple Pilots
SubmerseD
Sum 41
Supergrass
Synthetic Fusion
Taking Back Sunday
Tears for Fears
Third Eye Blind
Thirteen Senses
Three Days Grace
Weezer
Yanni
Yoko Kanno

That's what I've got for now. I don't expect anybody to READ that whole list. I only put it there so you guys would know what I have already.

Don't hesitate. I appreciate any suggestions or opinions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atayin on 2006-03-23 22:38 ]</font>

CupOfCoffee
Mar 24, 2006, 01:53 AM
Rilo Kiley! They're a little-known band from LA with three commercially available CDs featuring some guy who was a regular from Boy Meets World on guitar. They had a song in Wedding Crashers, if you saw that.

Anyway, I reccomend "It's a Hit," "Love and War (11/11/46)," "The Excecution of All Things," and "Portions for Foxes." In no particular order.

Guntz348
Mar 24, 2006, 02:08 AM
You need to go and get some Funeral for a Friend. There new album "Hours" is amazing. I saw them live a few weeks ago at Taste of Chaos and the only bad part about there show was that they only had about a half hour to play. All there albums are amazing, but Hours really defines growing up and all things related to becoming an adult, at least to me. Judging by your list of bands, you would really really like them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Guntz348 on 2006-03-23 23:09 ]</font>

CupOfCoffee
Mar 24, 2006, 02:11 AM
^ That CD has some pretty killer cover art, too, and it echoes exactly what you said about the growing up theme.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0009I7NP8.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Hrigg
Mar 24, 2006, 02:59 AM
Here, I'll just list a lot of bands I like, hope it might help.

A Perfect Circle
AC/DC
Aerosmith
Alice in Chains
The Beatles
Black Sabbath
Boston
Cold
Creed
David Gilmour (New album is great!)
Dream Theater
The Eagles
Guns N'Roses
Iron Maiden
Jimi Hendix Experience
Judas Priest
Led Zeppelin
Metallica
Motley Crue
Nine Inch Nails
Nirvana
Ozzy Osbourne
Pink Floyd
Queen
Refused
The Rolling Stones
Rush
Styx
Van Halen
Velvet Revolver
The Who

Guntz348
Mar 24, 2006, 03:53 AM
On 2006-03-23 23:11, CupOfCoffee wrote:
^ That CD has some pretty killer cover art, too, and it echoes exactly what you said about the growing up theme.

The imagery in there videos is equally amazing too. Watch the video for Street Car off there were website, it expands more on the album cover. Also the rest of there videos are very well done. The one for Roses For The Dead is amazing, esspecially if you've ever lost someone you loved. When I saw them play that song live... well lets just say it got to me. There older stuff is no less impressive either. Casually Dressed and Deep in Conversation, while not as refined or polished as Hours is, it really shows you where the band came from. If you go to there UK website (they are a UK band after all) they have a lot of there videos online, all except Roses For The Dead. Check out http://www.ffaf.co.uk for there videos and some .mp3 clips as well as http://www.punkrockvids.com for the video for Roses. Heres the direct link for the Roses video (http://www.punkrockvids.com/download.php?Cat=official&vId=440&vT=mh&cId=ba58e143659a7c880f44dd11e49ba1a7167043ef) Also check out the video for History located here (http://www.punkrockvids.com/download.php?Cat=official&St=1&vId=394&vT=wh&cId=bfcc4e124d135e7a3a5613c8b6f2a696e5091ee7)

All there videos are great, but I recomend Street Car, Juneau off there site and Roses and History from the links above. Check them out and if anyone wants to go to there headlining shows at the end of this month, I'm realy close to flying out to one of them so if someone wants to go with me let me know!! =P

InfinityXXX
Mar 24, 2006, 09:47 AM
Heh,Heh, I see you like Common Atayin. Commo is my number one favorite rap artist.

Hmm, for my favorites I'll say

Prince
Amel Lauriex
Sade
ImgoenHeap/FrouFrou
Santanna
Chris Botti(Do anyone here listen to smooth jazz?)
Miles Davis
Lyfe Jennings
Nas
The Game
Goapele
--------
As for my favorite songs:

Lovin You by Minnie Ripperton

Te amo Corazon by Prince

Indian Summer by Chris Botti

All blues by Miles Davis

Fly Away by Goapele

Made up my mind by Lyfe

Ether by Nas(he murdered Jay Z on this one)

Shh by Frou Frou

The Light by Common

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfinityXXX on 2006-03-24 08:14 ]</font>

AC9breaker
Mar 24, 2006, 10:12 AM
I'm surprised you dont already have any Rage Against the Machine or Audioslave.

Here are my recommondations.

Skinny Puppy
Sister Machine Gun
Front Line Assembly
KMFDM
Grendal
Rammestein
Trust Company
Nightwish
VNV Nation
New World Order
Soft Cell
Tears for Fears
Queen
Basement Jaxx
Roni Size & (Roni Size/Reprazent)
Daft Punk
Sade
Esthero
Jedi Mind Tricks
Ghost Face Killa
Genious/Gza
B.G.
Diplomats
Dilated Peoples
Dead Prez
Various Mobb Deep songs (any song from Hell on Earth and Infamous albums is (b'-')b Even the skits!)

Sayara
Mar 24, 2006, 10:41 AM
Just one.

Fairouz

http://www.libanvision.com/image/Fairouz_2003.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tingle on 2006-03-24 21:40 ]</font>

astuarlen
Mar 24, 2006, 12:32 PM
Off the top of my head, some of my favorite artists/songs (one per artist, though it can be hard to choose):

Queen - "Seven Seas of Rye"
Barenaked Ladies - "Light Up My Room"
Ladytron - "Destroy Everything"
The Exies - "Hey You"
Enya - "Flora's Secret"
Fischerspooner - "We Need a War"
Audioslave - "Like a Stone"
ATB - "Ecstasy"
E-Type - "Arabian Star"
Eric Clapton - "Layla"
Everclear - "AM Radio"
Deep Purple - "Smoke on the Water"
Blue Oyster Cult - "Godzilla"
Def Leppard - "Waterloo Sunset"
Delerium - "Wisdom"
Dire Straits - "Romeo and Juliet"
Orchestral Maneouvres in the Dark - "Enola Gay"
New Order - "Crystal"
Novaspace - "Beds are Burning"
Isgaard - "Turn to Stone"
Iron Maiden - "The Prisoner"
Helena Paparizou - "Katse Kala"
Falco - "Vienna Calling"
Franz Ferdinand - "Take Me Out"
Queens of the Stone Age - "No One Knows"
Cream - "Crossroads"
Cusco - "Flying Condor"
Cake - "Shadow Stabbing"
Chumbawamba - "Mary Mary"
Beck - "Heaven Hammer"
Billy Joel - "We Didn't Start the Fire"
Bruce Springstein - "Dancing in the Dark"
BT - "Somnambulist"
ZZ Top - "Sharp Dressed Man"
David Bowie - "Ziggy Stardust"
Remy Zero - "Impossibility"
Steppenwolf - "Magic Carpet Ride"
Styx - "Blue Collar Man"
Supertramp - "Breakfast in America"
Talking Heads - "Burning Down the House"
Madness - "Our House"
Rolf Rudin - "Traum des Oenghus" (good luck finding that one, har)
The Police - "Roxanne"
The Laziest Men on Mars - "Invasion of the Gabber Robots"

Okay, know what? I'm getting tired of looking for stuff, so this'll have to do. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: astuarlen on 2006-03-24 15:55 ]</font>

fumatanera
Mar 24, 2006, 12:45 PM
the independant special (in no order)

Man Against Stars
Sonic Youth
Pavement
Modest Mouse
My Morning Jacket
Hot Snakes
Drive Like Jehu
Unicorns
Islands
Black Eyes
Dead Whale Tide
...And You Will KNow Us By The Trail of Dead
Velvet Underground/Lou Reed
Nirvana
Pixies
Beatles
Misfits
Explosions in the Sky
Black Lipstick
At the Drive In
Eels
Blonde Redhead
Mars Volta
Helio Sequence
Ugly Casanova
764-HERO
Starlight Mints
Red Star Theory
Drillbox Ignition
From Bubblegum to Sky(now Seiko& Salome) Talk Means Trouble
Sunny Day Real Estate( now Fire Theft)
Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks
Dinosaur Jr.
Wipers
Local H
REM
Cronelius
Raincoats
Bjork
Mudhoney
Razel the Human BeatBox
Toadies
Flaming Lips
Appleseed Cast
Spoon
Sleuths
Smog
Leonard Cohen

Rainbowlemon
Mar 24, 2006, 01:09 PM
On 2006-03-24 06:47, InfinityXXX wrote:
Heh,Heh, I see you like Common Atayin. Commo is my number one favorite rap artist.

Hmm, for my favorites I'll say

Prince
Amel Lauriex
Sade
ImgoenHeap/FrouFrou
Santanna
Chris Botti(Do anyone here listen to smooth jazz?)
Miles Davis
Lyfe Jennings
Nas
The Game
Goapele
--------
As for my favorite songs:

Lovin You by Minnie Ripperton

Te amo Corazon by Prince

Indian Summer by Chris Botti

All blues by Miles Davis

Fly Away by Goapele

Made up my mind by Lyfe

Ether by Nas(he murdered Jay Z on this one)

Shh by Frou Frou

The Light by Common

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfinityXXX on 2006-03-24 08:14 ]</font>

I <3 your taste! Especially Imogen Heap...*purr*

You checked out http://www.joshuaradin.com? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

My favourites are:

Imogen Heap/Frou Frou
The Corrs
Enya
Joshua Radin
Alanis Morisette

And at the moment, an extreme liking for "Cindy" by Tammany Hall NYC http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

CupOfCoffee
Mar 24, 2006, 01:15 PM
On 2006-03-24 09:45, fumatanera wrote:
Nirvana
Pixies

Ah man, yeah. Look for "Come As You Are" and "Territorial Pissings" by Nirvana, and "Debaser" and "Wave of Mutilation" by Pixies. Total classics.

LSF
Mar 24, 2006, 01:27 PM
AC/DC
Iron Maiden
Metallica
ZZ Top
Slipknot
Limp Bizkit
Black Sabbath
Ozzy
Thin Lizzy
Megadeth
Jimi Hendrix
Motor Head
Deep Purple
And more that can't think of right now.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f163/LSF1/angusyoungpic2.png

Jive18
Mar 24, 2006, 01:54 PM
Am I the only person here that likes Mudvayne? They've been my favorite band for over 2 years now, yet they always seem to be overlooked when people talk about metal *cough, Slipknot* :/.

Anyway, I'd recommend basically all of L.D. 50, their first cd.

fumatanera
Mar 24, 2006, 02:06 PM
On 2006-03-24 10:15, CupOfCoffee wrote:

On 2006-03-24 09:45, fumatanera wrote:
Nirvana
Pixies

Ah man, yeah. Look for "Come As You Are" and "Territorial Pissings" by Nirvana, and "Debaser" and "Wave of Mutilation" by Pixies. Total classics.

yeah i was complete Nirvana freak in highschool. but after only listen to Nirvana and read biographies and learn all the songs on guitar, you can't really take much more away from the music. i still love it, but it's tatooed on my brain.
some of my favorite pixes songs are "bone machine" "Where is my mind" "i've been tired" "monkey gone to heaven" "there goes your man". im a huge Pixies fan, but if you haven't listened to them much those are some good songs to check out

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fumatanera on 2006-03-24 11:07 ]</font>

washuguy
Mar 24, 2006, 02:19 PM
Mike jones, Phillipe saise,Paul Taylor,Eminem,Kieko Matsui,David Benoit,...That's what comes to mind. I'll post more later.

CupOfCoffee
Mar 24, 2006, 02:49 PM
Also, some people dismiss them as just another MTV Hot Topic band, but HIM has turned out some pretty catchy rock songs. If you think you can stomach tongue-in-cheek lyrics about tragic romances and angels and stuff, download "Vampire Heart" and "Killing Loneliness."

Allos
Mar 24, 2006, 04:09 PM
Anthrax
Between the Buried and Me
Blind Guardian
Cannibal Corpse
Children of Bodom
Danzig
Dio
DragonForce
Dream Theater
Helloween
Iced Earth
In Flames
Iron Maiden------------------I would die for them
Judas Priest
Megadeth
Metallica
The Misfits
Motorhead
Nile
Opeth

And a hell of a lot more.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Allos on 2006-03-24 13:14 ]</font>

PJ
Mar 24, 2006, 04:15 PM
Everyone avoiding the main stream as if it's a bad thing -_-

My favourites:
Fall Out Boy
My Chemical Romance
System of a Down

Mainstream ahoy!

Allos
Mar 24, 2006, 04:20 PM
On 2006-03-24 13:15, PJ wrote:

It's not a bad thing, it's just that (at least in my eyes), listening to what everyone else listens to destroys individuality in a way. That's not to say there aren't some mainstream bands that aren't worth listening to, it's just the mainstream seems to lack innovation as the years progress (AKA the same four chords accompanied with a grown man whining about how his gf left in a VERY high pitch). The sense of community (something I find very important but some people don't care) diminshes along with it.

Dek
Mar 24, 2006, 04:20 PM
In no particular order

Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Incubus
Green Day
Red Hot Chili Peppers
The Beatles
Queen
The Doors
System of a Down
Audioslave
The Clash
U2
Linkin Park
Trust Company
Ozzy

fumatanera
Mar 24, 2006, 04:28 PM

My favourites:
Fall Out Boy
My Chemical Romance
System of a Down

Mainstream ahoy!

i just figured mostl people would have already heard of mainstream music, so i mentioned bands that he might not have heard of

Atayin
Mar 24, 2006, 06:16 PM
Excellent.

This helps a lot. I'm already very familiar with a lot of the bands mentioned, but couldn't remember them on my own. I guess I'm just absent minded that way.

..And how could I forget Dream Theater?! John Petrucci is pretty much the man. For those of you who want to hear more of John P's greatness on the guitar, check out the Liquid Tension Experiment. Trust me.

And, Rilo Kiley is refreshingly awesome. Funeral For a Friend was a band I forgot to look into a while ago. Thanks for the reminder, they're great.. and their videos are very impressive. I'm gonna be looking into bands you guys listed, including the Pixies among quite a few others. I've also been meaning to pick up some Sublime, N.E.R.D. and DJ Simply Jeff for quite a while.

Oh and Mudvayne.. great band. A couple years back, a very grungy (mowhawk and everything) guy I knew in High School convinced me to listen to a CD of theirs and it was awesome.

I'm also pretty surprised to see that so many people actually know about Imogen Heap and Frou Frou, now. Great artists.

Also, thanks a ton for throwing some smooth jazz my way, Infinity. I was expecting mostly rock genre responses, but I'm very pleased to see some Jazz in here as well. I even went to a Boney James concert once.. I may have been the youngest guy there, but I've never seen anybody play the sax with so much soul, so it was worth it. And, yeah, Common is pretty great. I also like Tribe Called Quest, Wyclef Jean, Jurrassic 5 and a little bit of Mos Def. I just recently started to get into Binary Star too.

Is anybody into blues, by the way? Feel free to mention any kind of music, even if it's totally different from what's already on my list or anyone elses. And thanks for recommending Fairouz. I'm not sure I've ever really heard her style of music before. Maybe it'll grow on me. It's always nice to hear something different.

astuarlen
Mar 24, 2006, 07:13 PM

My favourites:
Fall Out Boy
My Chemical Romance
System of a Down

Mainstream ahoy!

Personally, I don't avoid the mainstream; I don't even know what "mainstream" is these days. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
Having not listened to the radio in a few years--and, in fact, being quite unable to listen now that I can't even get radio reception in my dorm--I can't say I'm up to date on what's popular. Not that I care to be, to be honest. I neither make an effort to listen to "different" music or "mainstream" music. Whatever catches my ear...

Firocket1690
Mar 24, 2006, 07:26 PM
On 2006-03-24 13:20, Allos wrote:

It's not a bad thing, it's just that (at least in my eyes), listening to what everyone else listens to destroys individuality in a way. That's not to say there aren't some mainstream bands that aren't worth listening to, it's just the mainstream seems to lack innovation as the years progress (AKA the same four chords accompanied with a grown man whining about how his gf left in a VERY high pitch). The sense of community (something I find very important but some people don't care) diminshes along with it.

And indie is the new pop. So it's cool to love indie stuff now. Not saying I love certain artists because nobody's ever heard of them, but they do tend to be .. a bit more complex, in a few ways. Everybody wants to be an individual, so they go off looking for little nobody artists, and say they love it, and feed their insecurity by being anti-mainstream, but on the other hand, if everybody's hating the mainstream, isn't that the new mainstream anyway? Fuck that shit.

Anywho. I'm thinking too much into this.

*pulls out ipod and scrolls through*

10 Years, 65daysofstatic, A Silver Mt. Zion, ABDUR101, The Academy Is..., Adiemus, Aiden, Air, Air Supply, Alizee, Alikaline Trio, Alpinestars, Alter Bridge, Ana, Antony and the Johnsons, Aphex Twin, The Arcade Fire, Armor for Sleep, At the Drive-In, Arctic Monkeys, The Ataris, ATB, Atreyu, Barenaked Ladies, Beck, Bloc Party, Blue Man Group, Bobby Gold, The Books, The Bravery, Breaking Benjamin, Brian Withycombe, Broken Social Scene, Bruce Lee Band, Built to Spill, Caesar's Palace, The Capricorns, Cassandre McKinley, Catherine O'Hara, The Chemical Brothers, Chester Bennington, The Church, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Cloud Cult, Coldplay, Counting Crows, Cradle of Filth, Craig David, Creed, Crossfade, Cyndi Lauper, Daft Punk, Danny Elfman, Daphne Loves Derby, Dark New Day, Dashboard Confessional, Death Cab For Cutie, Death from Above 1979, The Decemberists, Deerhoof, DHT, Dido, The Distillers, The Dresdan Dolls, Duran Duran, Earl Klugh, Echo & the Bunnymen, Editors, Eldar Djangirov, Enya, Evanecence, Explosions in the Sky, The Faint, Faith No More, Fatboy Slim, Fayray, The Flaming Lips, Franz Ferdinand, The Fray, From the Sky, Frou Frou, Fumie Kumatani, Loren, The Futureheads, Gerald Bauer & Mike Bauer, Giant Drag, Gigi D'Agostino, Giulio Caccini & Paul Pritchar, Gorillaz, Gosling, Green Day, Herald Johnson, Jarle Vespestad & Tord Gustavsen, Hawthorne Heights, Hayley Westenra, Hellogoodbye, Hoobastank, Imogen Heap, Interpol, Inxs, Iron & Wine, Iron&Wine/Calexico, Japan Philharmonic Orchaestra, Jem, Jet, Jimmy Gnecco & Brian May, Joe, Joe Hisaishi, John Mayer, Joy Division, Keane, Kenichi Tokoi, Fumie Kumatani, Hideaki Kobayahi, Kenny James Trio, kLuTz, Kostia, Kotoko, KT Tunstall, Lacuna Coil, LCD Soundsystem, The Legion of Doom, Len, Linkin Park, Loreena McKennitt, lostprophets, Lyfe Jennings, M83, Maroon 5, The Mars Volta, Massive Attack, Matisyahu, Meat Beat Manifesto, Mendozza, Metric, Michael Andrews, Michael Andres & Gary Jules, Michael Whalen, Michelle Branch, Midtown, Miles Davis, Mindless Self-Indulgence, MISIA, MISIS feat. Erykah Badu,Mistbell, Modest Mouse, Modest Mouse & 764 Hero, Moulann, Muse, My BLoody Valentine, My Chemical Romance, My Summer, Naomi, Natalie Imbruglia, Neutral Milk Hotel, Nicola Farnon, Nightwish, Norah Jones, Norah Jones & The Peter Malick Group, Oasis, Oingo Boingo, One More Memory, Original London Cast, Patrick Stewart, Patti Smith, Perfidious Words, The Perishers, Pink Floyd, The Pixies, Placebo, The Postal Service, Queens of the Stone Age, Quito Colayco & Tony Hertz, Rachel Yamagata, Radiohead, Red Sparrowes, Regina Spektor, Renaissance, Relient K, Rilo Kiley, The Rocket Summer, The Romantics, Round Ruckus, Roxette, Rurutia, Sam Bauer & Gerals Bauer, Sarah McLachlan, Sarah Vaughan, Scott Stapp, Seal, The Secret Machines, Seether, Senses Fail, Shaggy, Shawn McDonald, The Shins, Simple Plan, Slipknot, Smile Empty Soul, Snow Patrol, Sonic Youth, Soulfly, Spoon, SQUARESOFT, Stars, Stereolab, Sterephonics, Steve Baker & Carmen Dave, Straylight Run, The Strokes, The Subways, Suede, SYstem of a Down, t.A.T.u., Taking Back Sunday, Talking Heads, Tears for Fears, Tom Jones, Tori Amos, Train, Trapt, Trivium, U2, Ugly Casanova, The Unicorns, The Unseen, The Used, Usher, Utada, vague, Vanessa Carlton, Vaughn Nark, The Verve, Vitalic, Weezer, The White Stripes, The Who, Wolf Parade, The Wrens, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Yellowcard, Yes, Zero 7, Jay Chou, Utada Hikaru, Miriam Young, Sammi Cheng.

w00t. Anyone that says otherwise has shit taste in music. I win.

Random:
Regina Spektor has lyrics to orgasm to, and does -not- sound like Rilo Kiley. Bitch. Dashboard Confessional is not fucking emo, regardless of whatever anybody says. Matisyahu is the closest to religious I listen to, and even then, he's still cool. And I'm not even jewish. Imogen Heap is quite possibly the best vocal since Tiff Lacey on ATB's tracks. As a solo artist, she's got more potential, than just a voice. Isaac Brock is the smartest, dumb, smart redneck ever. Lacuna Coil is the old, new, and future Evanescence. Linkin Park raps better than most ghetto shit. Round Ruckus does the same, in chinese. James Mercer is also ... something o_O. The Shins and Bloc Party are tied for the happiest, most optimistic rock band evar. Ben Gibbard is your God. Joe is the sole definition of Rhythem & Blues. Danny Elfman is the undisputed best movie score composer. The Ataris define oldschool punkrock. Cloud Cult is host to the world's only nonprofit music label - Earthology Records. Neutral Milk Hotel is somehow depressing. ABDUR101 0wns your ass. kLuTz is probably the youngest pianist on my iPod. Len's Steal My Sunshine is -the- song of the 90's ATB, Oasis, Radiohead, Stereolab, Enya, Jay Chou, and Utada Hikaru have been on my mp3/MD player since 4th/5th grade. My computer currently has 10990 songs (http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a121/Firocket1690/10990.jpg)

Edit: Aust made a rather nice point. I lock myself in my room too much to know what's mainstream. x) Either way, I don't care too much about it. Hell, a good portion of the stuff I mentioned above probably got a position in top40 at one point or another.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firocket1690 on 2006-03-24 16:32 ]</font>

Neith
Mar 24, 2006, 09:58 PM
Here goes:

Iron Maiden
Metallica
Avenged Sevenfold
Dragonforce
Rob Zombie
Stratovarius
Motley Crue
Rammstein
H.I.M
Garbage
Lacuna Coil
Nightwish
Coheed & Cambria
Disturbed
Feeder
Guns n' Roses
Placebo
System of a Down
Static-X
Judas Priest
Slayer (only the little Ive heard)

Those are the main ones.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2006-03-24 18:59 ]</font>

Atayin
Mar 24, 2006, 10:04 PM
On 2006-03-24 16:26, Firocket1690 wrote:
Patrick Stewart,

Wait a sec... Patrick Stewart??

As in Captain Picard? He's a musician?

Firocket1690
Mar 24, 2006, 10:35 PM
Gracenote CDDB says he did the opening/closing of The Nightmare Before Christmas Original Soundtrack. Guess so. He's doing voice acting for a few other shows too though.

Edit: dotted I

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firocket1690 on 2006-03-24 19:35 ]</font>

astuarlen
Mar 24, 2006, 10:55 PM
On 2006-03-24 16:26, Firocket1690 wrote:
ABDUR101

Our very own ABDUR101? I didn't know he was a musician. ;o
We wants to hear!

Stormsworder
Mar 24, 2006, 11:31 PM
Casting Crowns
Building 429
Jeremy Camp
Thousand Foot Krutch