PDA

View Full Version : Soul Eater Problem

Zarbolord
Mar 24, 2006, 04:18 AM
I did the quest thoroughly, beat him thrice last battle casting 3 grants, sniff... My pack was full, you guys didn't mention that it went directly to the pack. I thought it would drop as a red box once him dead. So now I find myself with no soul eater after all of that. Now that I've killed him, is it possible to do it again? Will it work to do the quest once more? Will I have the chance of getting that stupid weapon????

EJ
Mar 24, 2006, 05:07 AM
I think you can get it if you do it again but not sure on that one.

GrumblyStuff
Mar 24, 2006, 05:17 AM
Surely you didn't finish (or even do) all the quests on all the difficulties, right?

Zarbolord
Mar 24, 2006, 07:08 AM
Yes I have, why? You jelous of my super whitill Fomar, Sunslash? I know he's tough for being level 112... Well, ok, I'll try again the depths. Let's see if it works. Oh by the way, I only play online, so not all the quests are complete as I'm missing the downloads and the onlines.

GrumblyStuff
Mar 24, 2006, 09:21 AM
On 2006-03-24 04:08, Zarbolord wrote:
Yes I have, why?
Because you get 4 chances to get it with every character, one for each difficulty if you so chose.

Zarbolord
Mar 24, 2006, 09:28 AM
I don't think I'm going to do it four times, I wanted to try in ULT to prove myself a good tactician. But anyway, I managed it. I tried again the depths quest and it started over. So now I have the soul eater, and I'm happy, my soul can finally rest (darn I hate my stupid puns).

OdinTyler
Mar 24, 2006, 05:31 PM
Actually Zarbo, I DID mention it. I put up spoiler tags in another thread, but, I warned anyone to be careful of that as I unfortunately did as you did once. I havent gotten around to trying again. One day when I have a good amount of time to spend on it, I will. Just to clarify:

ON THE THIRD BATTLE WITH THE BLACK HOUND, YOU MUST HAVE AT LEAST ONE ITEM SPACE FREE OR YOU WILL NOT GET THE SOUL EATER.

Charmander02
Mar 25, 2006, 04:03 PM
Just got me a Soul Eater about a half hour ago.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Vire
Mar 25, 2006, 10:09 PM
Soul Eater looks so cool! It's too bad that it drains your health. You could negate that effect by equipping the unit 'HP/Regenerate', right? Or does it have to be 'HP/Revival'?

BARTAmaster
Mar 25, 2006, 10:16 PM
Negating the effect is useless since it drains such a little amount of your HP...

Zarbolord
Mar 26, 2006, 04:09 AM
Yeah, and for a force it isn't a problem, especially once you have a really high level resta (mine's lvl 27 at the moment). Well atleast the problem was solved.

OdinTyler
Mar 26, 2006, 06:52 PM
YES! Finally got my Soul Eater. Been ages since I've had one. Took a few hours with all the quests I had to do, but, its worth it. Since there have been so many Soul Eater topics & I've been giving info on all of them, maybe I should write "The Definitive Soul Eater Walkthrough". LOL

Vire
Mar 26, 2006, 11:12 PM
It's just, Soul Eater combined with damage from an enemy can really add up. Especially when it happens alot of the time.

GrumblyStuff
Mar 27, 2006, 12:26 AM
Meh. It's only a problem for androids, I'd think. Everyone else has cheap and plentiful resta.

Zarbolord
Mar 27, 2006, 02:22 PM
Do you think it's possible to get a soul eater with %? I think not, cos it does resemble the enemy parts... Just to think of it... Anyway my FOmar can finally attack multiple enemies in melee combat http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif. I was getting bored of the red saber/caduceus combo.

GrumblyStuff
Mar 27, 2006, 02:29 PM
Well, if you're online you probably could add precents but not hit%.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 27, 2006, 02:49 PM
Back in DC my regular group of friends had a hell of a lucky guy who found a Soul Eater with Hit % off a Hildeblue(among other things), but now that its not a regular drop and just quest only, you can't get one with hit.

OdinTyler
Mar 27, 2006, 06:49 PM
As far as I remember, Soul Eater has always been quest-exclusive. Unless someone can prove me wrong, I think that's how it's always been.