PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or...

Zelutos
Mar 27, 2006, 01:56 AM
...Are final bosses in games getting rediculously easier? I mean, i just beat Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, and i didn't even lose half of the first bar in my health gauge against him...

And in Final Fantasy X, auto-life was on all the time, set there by the game itself, not me! And beside that, the boss had barely any health, and if i remember correctly, few attacks!

I don't know, maybe i'm just going crazy.

GrumblyStuff
Mar 27, 2006, 02:13 AM
I dunno. Smash Bros on Very Hard pwnes me bum. Hard Mode in Metroid Prime made for some quite hard boss fights (Omega Pirate and Meta Ridley). But those are old so....

washuguy
Mar 27, 2006, 12:56 PM
Maybe your game is glitched, or you're really talented.

fronebullare
Mar 27, 2006, 03:31 PM
I think any boss can be easy with the right traning.The bosses in kindom hearts(1) are bitches sorry aout the language.But I beat them fairly easily with good traning.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 27, 2006, 03:54 PM
Really depends on the boss or game.

I can't for the life of me finish Onimusha 2 because I have one healing item and have to fight three cheap forms of this end boss.

Just put it down for now and probably am discouraged to try again knowing it wasn't all that fun.

And oh yeah, any 2D fighting(not all 3D though) game boss is sure to give you a headache!

Kindgom Hearts, Final Fantasy? Pfft.

Charmander02
Mar 27, 2006, 06:24 PM
Depends on the game. Either that or your a game beating machine.

InfinityXXX
Mar 28, 2006, 12:16 AM
All of them except the megaman x bosses.(I swear, sigma is cheat.)

I played FFX and FF X-2 and beat the final bosses with ease and I jsut beat the final boss in Sonic Rush w/o a sweat.

Maybe its jsut the games you and I are picking. Maybe someone should make a suggestion thread, listing difficult games?

Zelutos
Mar 28, 2006, 12:27 AM
On 2006-03-27 21:16, InfinityXXX wrote:
All of them except the megaman x bosses.(I swear, sigma is cheat.)

I played FFX and FF X-2 and beat the final bosses with ease and I jsut beat the final boss in Sonic Rush w/o a sweat.

Maybe its jsut the games you and I are picking. Maybe someone should make a suggestion thread, listing difficult games?

I play tons of Square Enix games....although Star Ocean: Till the End of Time's boss is still giving me difficulties *crosses arms*

Kent
Mar 28, 2006, 07:36 AM
Easy? Ninja Gaiden, anyone? >_>

Maridia
Mar 28, 2006, 03:55 PM
Zel, Chain of Memories IS really easy. Lol zero cards. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

And yeah, so was FFX, but, eh, who cares? <_<

I'd dislike it if the bosses were too hard to beat. Who wants that? I also tend to overprepare, and overlevel, and make up ridiculously awesome strategies for beating things up.

Maybe in some games, yeah, the final bosses are a little easier. The two you mentionned just happened to be. Any boss in CoM was easy if you mastered card breaking :3

fumatanera
Mar 28, 2006, 04:16 PM
meh, in alot of games the bosses are pretty simple. i think it's for the average gamer that doesn't spend hours analizing details. probably if you ran straight through FFX the end might be a little more difficult.
usually there is some boss near the end of a game that is more difficult than the actual last boss. or in some cases if you want a real challenge you have to finish all the side quests and monster arenas etc.
i would actually prefer games with a more difficult ending (i recall beating Windwaker with ridiculous ease), otherwise it's kind of anticlimatic.

Kent
Mar 28, 2006, 08:11 PM
On 2006-03-28 12:55, Maridia wrote:
Zel, Chain of Memories IS really easy. Lol zero cards. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

And yeah, so was FFX, but, eh, who cares? <_<

I'd dislike it if the bosses were too hard to beat. Who wants that? I also tend to overprepare, and overlevel, and make up ridiculously awesome strategies for beating things up.

Maybe in some games, yeah, the final bosses are a little easier. The two you mentionned just happened to be. Any boss in CoM was easy if you mastered card breaking :3

Zantetsuken, ftw. Since it's always either 27 or 0, it can break anything, and either be hard or easy to break.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 29, 2006, 12:33 AM
On 2006-03-28 04:36, Kent wrote:

Shh, quiet, he's complaining that his Teen 13 years and up rated RPG's from the same company are too easy.

That doesn't apply to all bosses in all games if all you're doing is playing the same genres, from the same company, with similar gameplay. >_<

Zelutos
Mar 29, 2006, 01:04 AM
On 2006-03-28 21:33, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:

Shh, quiet, he's complaining that his Teen 13 years and up rated RPG's from the same company are too easy.

That doesn't apply to all bosses in all games if all you're doing is playing the same genres, from the same company, with similar gameplay. >_<

I played Ninja Gaiden and beat the final boss with relative ease...i want to play Ninja Gaiden Black...but i don't have an crudbox.

Feelmirath
Mar 29, 2006, 01:25 PM
I can see what you're getting at here.
Latest bosses pwned:

Fire Emblem, PoR: Ashnard went down in 2 hits >_>
Final Fantasy tactics: Boss did no damage to me O_o
PSO... Need i say more?
1080 avalanche: Ok, I know an avalanche can't count as a boss, but that was a walkthrough http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Still, you still get some really hard bosses, like the one on Papaer mario (thousand year door), Tales of Symphonia, etc, etc

Zelutos
Mar 29, 2006, 02:08 PM
On 2006-03-29 10:25, Feelmirath wrote:
I can see what you're getting at here.
Latest bosses pwned:

Fire Emblem, PoR: Ashnard went down in 2 hits >_>
Final Fantasy tactics: Boss did no damage to me O_o
PSO... Need i say more?
1080 avalanche: Ok, I know an avalanche can't count as a boss, but that was a walkthrough http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Still, you still get some really hard bosses, like the one on Papaer mario (thousand year door), Tales of Symphonia, etc, etc

Actually, Tales of Symphonia was easier than i thought it would be. Let's see..other bosses that gave me trouble...

....Sephiroth from FFVII...

...Soul Calibur final bosses give me trouble...

.....Ohh! I remember the first few times i fought the final boss in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle [the one that Shadow fights alone]..he gave me trouble..then i got the hang of bouncing off bubbles!

Uhm..i'll think of more later http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kent
Mar 29, 2006, 02:27 PM
On 2006-03-28 22:04, Zelutos wrote:

On 2006-03-28 21:33, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:

I played Ninja Gaiden and beat the final boss with relative ease...i want to play Ninja Gaiden Black...but i don't have an crudbox.

...Isn't it nice, that you don't need an crudbox to play it? Need an Xbox, though.

...And I'm kinda wondering what the rating system has to do with any of this...

AC9breaker
Mar 29, 2006, 04:14 PM
Dead or Alive 4 anyone???

DizzyDi
Mar 29, 2006, 05:07 PM
On 2006-03-29 13:14, AC9breaker wrote:
Dead or Alive 4 anyone???

Oh good lord jesus. That boss is just straight up cheating. Taking out half your health with a friggin combo, hardfhkncore.

On another note: Ninja Gaiden's final boss was easy as hell, but the OTHER bosses.................Hmmmmm, yeah not so easy.

opaopajr
Mar 30, 2006, 08:35 PM
welcome to my world, children. i'm rapidly approaching 30 and i can't even begin to explain how difficulty has eased up. in some ways it is good, i really don't have the time to devote my life to video games and getting it "just right." but i still wax nostalgic about some really outrageous challenges.

what i have noticed is that games have definitely moved towards what i call "artificial difficulty." bosses are either patently cheap with auto hits or 'glitching' double hits. or the battle is fabricated to be hard because there's a trick setup to successfully fight. or there's just obscene hit points to trudge through. very few things nowadays feels like it is trying my skill in tactics or strategy. it feels more like a bloody easter egg hunt, where you "gotta catch 'em all" to get the right gear to slog through the end. not a real challenge in my opinion, but that's the modern trend, so what can you do?

GrumblyStuff
Mar 30, 2006, 08:41 PM
Sometimes I just wonder if I could beat Super Mario Bros (1, 2, or 3). I'd emulate but I need a controller.

Now Super Mario World, well, I could beat that game in my sleep. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif Almost. That fortress in the way of the Backdoor to Bowser's Castle is a nightmare.

sunshade
Apr 3, 2006, 05:46 PM
DMC3 anyone not the sp edition and ummm... oh shinobi and resident evil one for the cube. playing that for the first time was like wtf theres super zombies.

ulyoth
Apr 3, 2006, 06:13 PM
Baten kaitos has one extrememly hard boss fight at about half way through the game, that had me stuck for a while.

Getintothegame
Apr 3, 2006, 10:06 PM
I'm not sure. There have been some pretty hard bosses in the past. Like yesterday, I put Sonic 2 in my Genesis and couldn't beat the last boss. :

But yeah, the later games were pretty easy, like Sonic Adventure.