PDA

View Full Version : World of Warcraft. Implements weather at last !!!

eXo
Mar 28, 2006, 03:19 PM
hello just had to make a post about this because i really enjoyed the weather feature on FFXI and im happy to see that WoW will also have rain,snow, etc now =P

Rion772
Mar 28, 2006, 04:32 PM
On 2006-03-28 12:19, eXo wrote:
hello just had to make a post about this because i really enjoyed the weather feature on FFXI and im happy to see that WoW will also have rain,snow, etc now =P

You mean in the expansion?

CupOfCoffee
Mar 28, 2006, 05:06 PM
I think it'll just be in the next update. Not all at once, though. Only a few areas will get weather effects at first, with more and more added in subsequent updates.

eXo
Mar 28, 2006, 10:10 PM
Yeah its not in the xpac its in the ver1.10 patch

Here are the areas that will be recieving weather effects

Weather has been introduced in the following areas around Azeroth:
Elwynn Forest
Tirisfal Glades
Dun Morogh
Darkshore
Alterac Mountains
Stranglethorn Vale
Feralas
Un'Goro Crater
Tanaris
Winterspring
Ahn'Qiraj
We will be adding more weather to the world as time progresses; this is simply
the beginning!

eXo
Mar 28, 2006, 10:16 PM
To my surprise The barrens are not listed and neither is mulgore http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif so i guess the UC is going to be the only main city with weather for the moment.

watashiwa
Mar 28, 2006, 11:21 PM
Weather effect patch is racist. =/

Haha, all the Alliance starting areas got weather (sans Teldrassil, but you're not there long before you move to Darkshore), but none of the Horde areas. It's all good, though, I know they're coming.. I mean, besides, the devs all play Horde.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2006-03-28 20:22 ]</font>

eXo
Mar 28, 2006, 11:56 PM
well atleast one Horde place got weather Trisfal glades is right outside of the undercity

KaFKa
Mar 29, 2006, 06:14 AM
you actually think Durotar or the Barrens would have clouds, let alone rain?

Same thing with Mulgore, although to a lesser extent.

watashiwa
Mar 29, 2006, 10:56 AM
On 2006-03-28 20:56, eXo wrote:
well atleast one Horde place got weather Trisfal glades is right outside of the undercity

Oops, you're right! I forgot that was UC starting area since I almost never visit there 'cept in passing through to some other place or to go to Scarlet Monastery. =P

eXo
Mar 30, 2006, 02:49 AM
On 2006-03-29 03:14, KaFKa wrote:
you actually think Durotar or the Barrens would have clouds, let alone rain?

Same thing with Mulgore, although to a lesser extent.

never said what kind of weather = but was expecting it to get duststorms or tornado's like the mithra area on FFXI =D