PDA

View Full Version : A sad story

Hitoriga
Mar 29, 2006, 07:15 PM
I have a friend who has been looking for the legendary Sealed J-Sword. He would play this game everyday for hours and hours just to find this item. Just yesterday, after two long years of looking for this item, the Gi Gue finally dropped it. He told me that it was the happiest day of his life. The very next day, his memory card corrupted. He was very sad about this. He did all that hard work for nothing. I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else.

Sgt_Shligger
Mar 29, 2006, 07:38 PM
i don't want to sound like a cheater n00b but is it the fact he doesn't have the sword or the fact he found it? If you can get online or cheat disks, than you can get a new one... that is if it is the fact the weapon was found by him?

Hitoriga
Mar 29, 2006, 07:43 PM
He does not have access to online. He found the Sealed J-Sword from a Gi Gue.

Sharkyland
Mar 29, 2006, 08:21 PM
Before I got online, I found the SJS from an offline Gi -Gue (trying to lvl Marina who was a Skyly back then), but I didn't have access to PSOW. Compared to my red sword +52, it sucked and I complained a lot because it would 'slow' me. I corrupted 2 weeks later, then like 2 months later I figured what the SJS really was.

I feel your pain. :/

Balthor
Mar 29, 2006, 08:52 PM
That's pretty fucked up.

Eihwaz
Mar 29, 2006, 09:45 PM
That is awful. D:

Before your friend starts re-leveling his characters in earnest, make sure he's using an official Nintendo memory card. They tend to be more reliable than third-party gear, like MadCatz.

Syl
Mar 30, 2006, 03:01 PM
MadCatz a bitch >.< From what I heard somewhere a long time ago, the only reason they corrupt is because they compress data, so the bigger the X (2X, 8X, 4X memory capacity), the more likely it is to corrupt.The data compresses more and more as you save more on it, until it can't anymore and you get your corrupt mem card. Nintendo actually holds the data uncompressed, so that is why you are way less likely to get a corruption. Of course, I'm not sure if that's actually how it works, it was a while back.

BORBAN
Mar 31, 2006, 05:50 PM
I'm trying my hardest not to laugh... and I just failed.
Braaaahahahahahaaa (coughs).... quite.

BORBAN
Mar 31, 2006, 05:52 PM
plus I've felt the wrath of the Madcatz and it is a vicious one.
but that was long ago and now I laugh at everyone else who suffers the same fate.