PDA

View Full Version : mag pb power

PSOPRINCE
Apr 2, 2006, 04:58 AM
what determines the power of oyur photon blasts?

Zarbolord
Apr 2, 2006, 08:46 AM
It's in the guides...
Mag level
Character Level
Area
Number of photon blasts
Type of Photon blasts... I must be missing something...

Neith
Apr 2, 2006, 10:14 AM
For attacking PB's, other things can determine the damage output. For example, Estlla's damage is higher depending on your character's EVP. (Hence why RAmarls/HUcaseals do a lot with it).

For the others, I'm not entirely sure.

Skorpius
Apr 2, 2006, 10:19 AM
I thought that stat boosting thing was a myth, since it deals Light damage. I've always seen Estlla being more powerfull than Pilla regardless of any character I use, allbeit HUmar, FOmarl, RAmarl, or HUnewearl.

Neith
Apr 2, 2006, 10:33 AM
I'm not sure, it's just something that circulated a while back- whenever I used Estlla on a HUcaseal, it always seemed to do a lot more damage. Could be a myth, I'm not sure.

OdinTyler
Apr 2, 2006, 11:02 AM
No, it's not a myth, it's true. I don't have the formula fully figured out. It does seem that stats play a part in it. I originally thought it was POW (on mag) as why say my HUcast would do more damage with Pilla than maybe a Force would. However, I've noticed some PBs doing insane damage with not much POW at all. I know there's something to it. Wish I could figure it out. It IS real tho. Seeing 1100-1400+ damage is awesome! I think I once saw like 2300. I was shocked to say the least...

PSOPRINCE
Apr 2, 2006, 11:04 AM
its weird my fonewearl can do 800 on ult mine with pilla and my ramarl cant do 300 with it on vhard ra has bhivra with 50 pow and 112 dex and fo has rati with 102 mind

Zarbolord
Apr 2, 2006, 12:30 PM
As I said it depends on characters. I suppose that each PB will do an amount of damage depending on the 'race' and on the 'type', probably Pilla wil do more damage with a RAmar than a FOnewearl, or atleast that's what it does on mine. It must also depend on the chain (if doing one), as there are multiple different characters, the chain must then be extremely amplified. I managed to do 1400 ish damage once with my FOmar using ... (can't remember the name)... that kind of raindeer thingy. Anyway, I rarely use it as I mostly don't get PB (being a force) or I boost/heal during chains in multiplayer.

Hitoriga
Apr 2, 2006, 05:03 PM
You guys have it all wrong.

The photon blasts are like technique spells. Like techniques, some photon blasts will do a lot of damage and some will do little damage. It all depends on the enemy's elemental resistances. Farlla is a fire attack (like Gifoie); Estlla is an ice attack (like Barta); Golla is an electric attack (like Zonde); Pilla is a light attack (like Grants).

For example, lets say you used your photon blast on an offline Gillchich in Ultimate mode. A Gillchich has 30 EFR, 88 EIC, 100 ETH, and 50 ELT. So no matter what, the Gillchich will be weakest to Farlla the most, then Pilla, then Estlla, then Golla. Since the Gillchich has 100 ETH, Golla will do zero damage no matter what.

Neith
Apr 2, 2006, 05:17 PM
I'll test some of this out later, Ive never heard of them being elemental attacks (with the exception of Pilla), so I'm curious about this.

_tsunami
Apr 2, 2006, 06:27 PM
Pilla Shoots out that Heavens Punisher Special.. (Light based).. actually its kinda obvious visually..
You see the reindeer shoot lightning, and Farla breathing fire.. Estella well looks more like water.