PDA

View Full Version : Trying to hit NPCs and accidentally healing them.

tehjimmothy
Apr 2, 2006, 03:50 PM
I noticed during my fights with Black Hound and various other NPCs the bullet/blade would just go through them as if the attack never connected, no zero or miss or anything. Also when I would heal myself with Resta, I know theres the whole thing where it heals party members but they were getting healed as well. And.. when I used the moose photon blast it didnt hit Black Hound.. Thank God I still beat him for the Soul Eater...

But is there a recommended weapon to use or a way to not heal the enemy while fighting them?

Shigecki
Apr 2, 2006, 03:57 PM
Mates don't heal anyone but yourself.

As far as hitting them, I just figure you hit them about 1 every 3 or 4 shots you take, not sure if there are any actual statistics for this, just an observation. Think about it, if you hit them everytime, wouldn't be much of a fight, as your character is probably much stronger than they are, and they don't throw out combos.

Hitoriga
Apr 2, 2006, 04:09 PM
After you hit a NPC, there is a grace period when the character is invincible for about six seconds long, and thus that is why your attacks never make contact. The same goes for a NPC hitting you.

As for healing yourself without healing others, use one of the following:
Monomate
Dimate
Trimate
Resta lv. 1
Resta lv. 2

Alternatively, you could just run away from the NPC until you are far enough from him and use a Resta lv. 3 or higher so you won't be close enough to heal him.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hitoriga on 2006-04-02 14:12 ]</font>

tehjimmothy
Apr 2, 2006, 04:19 PM
Hmm.... thats sorta understandable. I wouldve been way more satisfied if they were just able to block for those six seconds instead of no connection at all. Wouldnt make the game seem so unrealistic or messy.

Heh yeah.. the mates are given. Its sad that theres no way to regress the level of your technique, unless theres something I dont know. Those NPCs are just so fast I cant get away from them ;D

Protatora
Apr 2, 2006, 09:31 PM
Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure it works.

If you get knocked over then select resta from the quick menu while on the ground when you get back up it will only effect you.

Once again I'm not sure if it works in this case but it does in battle mode.

Eihwaz
Apr 2, 2006, 09:37 PM
This is what ranged weapons were made for. :3

GrumblyStuff
Apr 2, 2006, 10:20 PM
This is what the Frozen Shooter and Orochiagito is for. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

If you're a force, Grants tends to work like a beast but be sure to bring some 'mates.

Saffran
Apr 3, 2006, 04:06 AM
Just use Hell attribute. Like Sinow Beat Blades or so. Then you don't need to worry about healing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
If you must though, mates are the way to go.

Skorpius
Apr 3, 2006, 04:42 AM
On 2006-04-02 19:31, Protatora wrote:
If you get knocked over then select resta from the quick menu while on the ground when you get back up it will only effect you.

This is true for Anti, Resta, Shifta, and Deband. It's also true if you attack and select one of the techniques from your quick menu. You'll cast it right after the attack and it won't target anyone but yourself.

I used to do it on PSOGC when people we're complaining about how I played as a Force. :3

BahnKnakyu
Apr 3, 2006, 07:09 AM
On 2006-04-02 19:31, Protatora wrote:
Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure it works.

Yeah, it works in PSOBB too. In fact, if you get hit at all and try to heal immediately after that, your Resta won't target the other guy. This is one of THE most annoying things I have to deal with as a support FO, every time I cast a support tech I always take a small centimeter step forward so my party doesn't end up "benefitting" from this weird "feature".