PDA

View Full Version : What was wrong with Adult Swim?

InfinityXXX
Apr 2, 2006, 04:07 PM
On Saturday April 1, of 2006(yesterday) did anyone watch adult swim?

What in the world was wrong with them. Maybe it was an april fools day prank.

Anyways, some of the shows like Inuyasha was replaced with OOLDDD boring cartoons like Mr.T and some old Karate man.

Though I was upset but me and my brother had a good time once we watched Full Metal Alchemist and Ghost in the Shell. Someone inserted fart noise throughout the whole anime. I never thought I could I could laugh so hard at fart jokes but I did. They inserted the fart noises at some of the best times and I recorded it for that was a classic.

Saraphim
Apr 2, 2006, 04:17 PM
Given how much Adult Swim (Cartoon Network) changes thier line up, and thier whole "whatever" attitude, I would guess that it was for April Fool's day. I wouldn't be surprised if they change the Sunday night line up (again!) today. I stopped watching it as I could never keep up with what was coming on http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

trypticon
Apr 2, 2006, 04:23 PM
I saw Full Metal Alchamist last night too, and didn't put together all the farts were an April Fools thing. I just thought... well I didn't know what to really make of it. I was just like.. oh.. EVERYONE is farting nonstop. I thought for a while it was supposed to be the sound effects from the brother that one old dude supposedly brought back to life. Then they show a bird, it opens it's beak and PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTRIP!

Daikarin
Apr 2, 2006, 06:04 PM
On 2006-04-02 14:07, InfinityXXX wrote:
Someone inserted fart noise throughout the whole anime. I never thought I could I could laugh so hard at fart jokes but I did. They inserted the fart noises at some of the best times and I recorded it for that was a classic.

I never knew if it was originally there in the japanese show, but in Dragon Ball Z, in the Buu Saga some years ago when it came out dubbed here, Mr. Satan was constantly farting. In EACH AND EVERY scene when he showed up, there were always the same noises. It got to the point where I found it ridiculous for those sounds to be from the original Anime.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Daikarin on 2006-04-02 16:06 ]</font>

HUnewearl_Meira
Apr 2, 2006, 06:35 PM
Well, DragonBall Z is a ridiculous anime.

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Apr 2, 2006, 08:10 PM
I noticed the poots too. So much for the serious/sad sceens. =~.^=

shinobu_seta
Apr 2, 2006, 11:18 PM
I caught FMA and actually enjoyed it. Yeah fart jokes are really juvenile, but their timing was perfect with most of it. It was really pretty funny.

Shame I missed old Mr. T and Karate man though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

InfinityXXX
Apr 3, 2006, 12:46 AM
Lol,my mom was calling me immature for laughing at all the fart jokes but it was just so funny due to the timing. I mean, especially in a serious anime like Ghost in the Shell. But I think I laughed really hard when, in the full metal alchemist episode, the statues came after ed and al and knocked ed unconcious and every time they hit al's armor there was a fart noise I also laughed when Rose saw the bird. Juvenile.....yet classic.

Shadowpawn
Apr 3, 2006, 12:55 PM
Meh. They've done better in the past.

Otis_Kat
Apr 3, 2006, 05:11 PM
Karate man was Chuck Noris's Karate Commandos, they've had a commercial on it for weeks but everyone thought it was just a joke.

I guess they farted up GITS and FMA because they had to reshow them because of day light saving time.