PDA

View Full Version : Ryu20, the statue in Apetite 1-1

zandra117
Apr 5, 2006, 05:12 PM
Who is Ryu20? He has been standing silently in the same spot in Apetite 1-1 ever since I started playing PSOX in August 2003. No one has seen him move and only one person claims to have heard him speak. Every once in a while he will dissapear. When he comes back people say he just appears in the place where he stands above the counter. No one has ever seen him walk to the spot where he stands. He is a level 20 HUmar. Many people have copied his character on Xbox, Gamecube, and BlueBurst. Every once in a while he will respond to simple mail sent through choice search. He responded to my simple mail only once with "???". This is a very mysterious character and has become a legend on PSOX known as "The Statue of Apetite".

sprky585
Apr 5, 2006, 05:34 PM
yeah...i play PSOX alot...neeevvver seen him...i also never go into apatie 1-1 so that might be the reason >.<

Protatora
Apr 5, 2006, 05:36 PM
Eww you play on Apatite? I persoanlly have no clue who this guy is or heard of him. Maybe its because I never go to apatite though. :/

zandra117
Apr 5, 2006, 05:38 PM
if you wanna see him he's probably standing there right now, you can ask people in the lobby about him and they will tell you some interesting storys.

Protatora
Apr 5, 2006, 05:39 PM
You talk to the people there? o.0 And you're not deaf. 0.0

zandra117
Apr 5, 2006, 05:41 PM
I go there later at night when the noisy kiddies are asleep.

lets get back on topic.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2006-04-05 15:42 ]</font>

Skorpius
Apr 5, 2006, 05:43 PM
He used to idle in Vega 1 on PSOGC a while back. It might not even be the same guy, though. There were many parody characters.

Eihwaz
Apr 5, 2006, 05:46 PM
Maybe he's just some dude who enjoys watching everyone else.

Saiffy
Apr 5, 2006, 05:48 PM
Does anyone remember Dancer?

She was a FOmarl who just spammed Ctrl+0(I think it's 0, not sure).

I lobby idle for hours sometimes

zandra117
Apr 5, 2006, 05:51 PM
On 2006-04-05 15:48, Saiffy wrote:

Ryu20 doesnt spam, he just stands there and hes been idleing almost non stop since 2003

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2006-04-05 15:58 ]</font>

Eihwaz
Apr 5, 2006, 06:08 PM
Hm, maybe he's trying to get the max amount of time on his character's time display?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 5, 2006, 06:09 PM
Dreamcast ships had the Racaseal bot who answered query questions about the number of players on the ships, and also prevented lobby FSOD. And also told you to shut up if you said too many things all at once.

A very nice addition by outside sources, which made the first ship of the respective US/EU(I think)/JP server very crowded nearing the end of the DC server's lifecycle.

That Racaseal seems to trump just some silent AFK guy who doesn't do ANYTHING by a long ways. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

A2K
Apr 5, 2006, 06:23 PM
On 2006-04-05 15:48, Saiffy wrote:

There's someone named "Dancer" in my team in PSOBB who does just that. Are you talking about that FOmarl in particular or are you referring to a different version of the game?

zandra117
Apr 5, 2006, 06:25 PM
Maybe Ryu20 is a bot that you can send simple mail messages to using choice search and the messages get automatically sent to sonicteam or whoever runs PSOX. You just have to stay online and wait for a response because messages get deleted on psox if the sender goes offline.

Ryu20 may be our key to getting out of the eternal christmas.

I just read about a character that does the same thing on PSOBB named Bunny and she was later revealed to be a sonicteam bot. Im guessing there is a bot like this on every version of pso.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2006-04-05 16:30 ]</font>

Neith
Apr 5, 2006, 06:29 PM
On 2006-04-05 16:23, A2K wrote:
There's someone named "Dancer" in my team in PSOBB who does just that. Are you talking about that FOmarl in particular or are you referring to a different version of the game?

There was a 'Dancer' on GC and on BB, I remember seeing them often.

Corey
Apr 5, 2006, 06:38 PM
On 2006-04-05 16:09, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
Dreamcast ships had the Racaseal bot who answered query questions about the number of players on the ships, and also prevented lobby FSOD. And also told you to shut up if you said too many things all at once.

A very nice addition by outside sources, which made the first ship of the respective US/EU(I think)/JP server very crowded nearing the end of the DC server's lifecycle.

That Racaseal seems to trump just some silent AFK guy who doesn't do ANYTHING by a long ways. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Sounds kinda like Sodaboy.

I remember Ryu20 and Dancer being on GC. I've actually played a little with Ryu20, though....that was a while ago. Dancer I've seen on BB also; though it didn't seem like the same one.

zandra117
Apr 5, 2006, 06:41 PM
The Ryu20 you played with was probably a fake.

Skorpius
Apr 5, 2006, 06:43 PM
Dancer also has spawned many clones. Dancer used a lot of different animations, I think the first one was Ctrl A on PSOGC.

Corey
Apr 5, 2006, 07:32 PM
On 2006-04-05 16:41, zandra117 wrote:
The Ryu20 you played with was probably a fake.

No, I'm pretty sure it was the real (GC) one. I still have his card, though he's long gone from GC now. And when I said I played with him, that was one time, back when I still had a HUmar. :B I think that was around the time I registered here...

Shigecki
Apr 5, 2006, 07:54 PM
Wow, I've been playing PSOX from day one. I have no idea who the hell Ryu20 is or why we are supposed to salute Ryu20. This is the first time I've ever heard of him. Then again I haven't been to Apatite in about 2 and 1/2 years.

For those of you on GC, cheats, hackers and kiddies play on this ship. All the real annoying jerks. They are the ones you guys hear about from PSOX, that give us a bad name. Apatite 1-1 is the first ship that you access when you start the game.

Saffran
Apr 6, 2006, 03:22 AM
On JP BBthere's a Fonewearl named "sexy" who also does just that: standing idle at the counter of 1-1-1. It's rather funny.

A2K
Apr 6, 2006, 05:08 AM
On 2006-04-05 17:54, Shigecki wrote:
For those of you on GC, cheats, hackers and kiddies play on this ship. All the real annoying jerks. They are the ones you guys hear about from PSOX, that give us a bad name. Apatite 1-1 is the first ship that you access when you start the game.

I think "The Curse of the First Block of the First Ship" pretty much applies to every iteration of the game released here thus far.

Mewn
Apr 6, 2006, 10:48 AM
And on BB, before there was Dancer there was Mech259, and before Mech there was Rabbit (way back in beta), and there's probably others along the way too.

I remember topics on the official BB boards complaining about idlers taking up space in lobbies XD

Forever Zero
Apr 6, 2006, 03:39 PM
I remember Ryo20 on Vega 1-1 on GC. He was ALWAYS there. I find it interesting that many years later we still don't know for sure who he is.

MUDGRIP
Apr 18, 2006, 12:14 AM
I know this topic is a little outdated, but i had to give my experience with ryu20. I played with him once back in easter of 2003 on xbox when he was level 12(he stopped playing when he was level 20). I did a forest and cave run to get him to level 17. He never talked during the entire run and i had no idea who the guy was at the time. About a 2 years ago i simple mailed him and asked him why he never plays and he said it was the same game as the dreamcast version and he wasnt interested in ever playing. He always stands on top of the stage of Ap 1-1 slighly to the left. Definetly and interesting character.

zandra117
Apr 18, 2006, 12:22 AM
On 2006-04-17 22:14, MUDGRIP wrote:
I know this topic is a little outdated, but i had to give my experience with ryu20. I played with him once back in easter of 2003 on xbox when he was level 12(he stopped playing when he was level 20). I did a forest and cave run to get him to level 17. He never talked during the entire run and i had no idea who the guy was at the time. About a 2 years ago i simple mailed him and asked him why he never plays and he said it was the same game as the dreamcast version and he wasnt interested in ever playing. He always stands on top of the stage of Ap 1-1 slighly to the left. Definetly and interesting character.

if he doesnt like to play then why does he still pay for a hunters liscence.

MUDGRIP
Apr 18, 2006, 12:26 AM
Beats me.... i guess he's riding the servers to the end like the rest of us...lol.

Boxblaster
Apr 18, 2006, 04:47 PM
I remember Ryu and Dancer on GC as well....but haven't seen anyone like them in BB though, sorry to say.

Zalana
Apr 18, 2006, 10:24 PM
LoL @ people trying to figure out who Ryu20 was... Hell I guess you might as well try and figure out who started the "SSJ" symbol chat which, was Elixer or Silver-X I think. Can't quite remember but, we made it popular by spamming all across GCPSO.

CaptainJebus
Apr 19, 2006, 03:40 PM
I have heard many stories about Ryu20. I have seen him in the psoX loby, but never in GC, just a lot of stories, it is pretty weird. He must be working with the rappies!

metatime
Apr 19, 2006, 04:17 PM
Here is a pic of dancer:

http://www.personal.psu.edu/hnn108/pso%20167+txt.png

The pic is not exactly clear (regular PSO disk shot) but you can see his name.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: metatime on 2006-04-19 14:40 ]</font>