PDA

View Full Version : internet browser broken :S help?

Ryu_4
Apr 5, 2006, 11:32 PM
Whenever I try and open a link on my desktop to a website (pso bb ep4 drop chars) or try and open up the internet using the browser icon i get an error that says

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application.

i click ok and another box comes up saying the same thing, right now im using my computer and opening the web link in there...problem is i still cant open any links anyone posts so i cant get to drop charts...can anyone help me?

Ketchup345
Apr 6, 2006, 06:52 AM
What web browser do you normally use? Have you tried alternative browsers?

That error looks similar to the problems I had with my first laptop (except I got that during setting up Windows). The cause then was either the hard drive or the Windows install itself. This could mean you either need to reinstall the browser, Windows, or get a new hard drive.

Does your BIOS have any type of diagnostc tools? Try running one of them if you can and post any reported problems.

VioletSkye
Apr 6, 2006, 09:45 AM
Try this:
Go to START. then RUN and type in REGEDIT
Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesR PCKDM
Ensure the highlight is on the key in the left-hand pane. You can export this first for safety (if you wish).
Right click and select DELETE.
Reboot your PC and see if that fixes it.

The error you posted is a GPF (General Protection Fault) error.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2006-04-06 07:48 ]</font>