PDA

View Full Version : PSU's on the way. Is BB worth getting?

FayteEternal
Apr 6, 2006, 02:54 AM
I posted this question here because the basis for my asking is about the items.
I know BB has been out a while now and Universe is on the way (Which I'll be getting for PC) but I was just wondering if the items, armor etc in BB are worth buying the game. I'm rather behind in the latest PSO games and have been seeing threads about items like 'Excalibur' etc and am curious now.
Also I've been seeing other threads about people being upset with ST due to unpatched hacking/exploit problems >.> Can anyone elaborate for me? Thanks^^/

A2K
Apr 6, 2006, 05:06 AM
I'd say if you were quick about getting to Ultimate you'd have a few good months playing BB before PSU's release.

Ryna
Apr 6, 2006, 08:37 AM
If you haven't played PSO in a while, the new Episode 4 weapons are interesting to look at. Most of them are more powerful than what you'll find in Episode 1&2. With the recent changes in the Episode 4 item drop charts and drop odds, most of them relatively easy to find. If you would like to learn more about the Episode 4 weapons, visit the Item Database and look for weapons that only have BB icons.

As for the hacking/exploit situation, all of the serious problems have been resolved.

AxelgearVII
Apr 6, 2006, 09:29 AM
PSU is about as "on the way" as a guy running on a treadmill.

Forever Zero
Apr 6, 2006, 03:45 PM
If you are looking for PSO excitement I'd recommend downloading BB. I started playing BB about 3 weeks ago and having a blast with it. Episode 4 is great. It's a nice way to pass the time while waiting for PSU, imo.

BahnKnakyu
Apr 6, 2006, 05:18 PM
BB is almost as complete as the GC and XBox versions. They just need Respective Tomorrow and non-event versions of MA1 and MA2 implemented. But as of now, if you take those three quests out of account, PSOBB is the way to go.

And see Axel's statement about PSU.

RubyEclipse
Apr 7, 2006, 11:42 PM
PSO:BB is well worth getting into. We all hope and pray for PSU to arrive soon, but...

Tycho
Apr 8, 2006, 05:18 AM
On 2006-04-06 00:54, FayteEternal wrote:
I was just wondering if the items, armor etc in BB are worth buying the game.
Well, you don't need to 'buy' BB to play it, but... as far as I'm aware it only has one new armour that uses visuals. For info and pictures of other new items, try browsing the item databases of some of the big sites.

Amai
Apr 8, 2006, 10:32 AM
hello,

(didn't see this topic out of which reason ever)

anyway, i was also thinking about getting BB.
but i am also unsure if it is worth it.

question. are you always able to quit your subscription?

Dreadlock
Apr 8, 2006, 10:34 AM
PSOBB is like that final last hurrah before Phantasy Star Online is crushed by Phantasy Star Universe. No more "onlines"

shinobu_seta
Apr 8, 2006, 02:31 PM
On 2006-04-08 08:32, Amai wrote:
hello,

(didn't see this topic out of which reason ever)

anyway, i was also thinking about getting BB.
but i am also unsure if it is worth it.

question. are you always able to quit your subscription?

There is no contract or anything, so you can cancel your subscription at any time. The download for the game is free, so you're only looking at the 8 bucks a month.

I'd say it's well worth it if you're waiting on PSU. From the looks of things you're still going to have several good months to play. The items are cool and the community is pretty good. You can always find plenty of people on this site to play with.

RubyEclipse
Apr 8, 2006, 10:55 PM
Yep. And as to the armors - there are actually lots of new ones. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Let's see if I can name a few:

Lt. Mantle - 101 req, stats beat guard wave, and it allows anyone using it to see traps anytime. (Very nice for non-casts)

Another popular new one is Blue Odoshi Violet Naimadou - aka BOVN - which has a built in Heavenly/battle (faster than v101, which is even faster than god/battle) right into the armor. This frees up all four slots for whatever else you'd use instead.

The ep IV stuff is very nice, and the new changes to the drop charts have also made them much more realistic to find, too. I'd defeinitely suggest getting into PSO:BB.

EGO-BOT
Apr 10, 2006, 02:57 PM
Got a couple of questions about BlueBurst because I'm thinking of playing it a few months before PSU comes out.

I read somewhere that the Japanese ships are separate from the American ships. Is this true and are the European and American ships separate also?

Also whats the population like on BB most nights? Thanks in advance.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EGO-BOT on 2006-04-10 13:03 ]</font>

Deltra
Apr 11, 2006, 10:51 AM
Heh, I just started BB last night. Around 500 people were online.

EGO-BOT
Apr 11, 2006, 07:44 PM
Thanks Deltra, thats not bad numbers at all really for a five year old game.

Neith
Apr 11, 2006, 07:56 PM
The Japanese servers are seperate from European, and the European and US servers are linked. At peak time, you're probably on about 500-700 people online. It is quiet, but decent enough for a play until PSU.

Skorpius
Apr 11, 2006, 08:15 PM
There is no European, or US server. It's the ENGLISH server, one server.

Get it, get some progress, and have something to come to incase PSU is a huge disappointment to those who think it'll be a PSO replacement.

OdinTyler
Apr 12, 2006, 05:56 PM
On 2006-04-06 07:29, AxelgearVIII wrote:
PSU is about as "on the way" as a guy running on a treadmill.

LMAO Now now, you KNOW it's coming. A JP beta registration is underway so the beta officially starts shortly thereafter. To come this far, the game WILL be out. Let's just pray it's this year.

Skorpius, I didnt understand what you meant. You said ppl will be disappointed if they think PSU is a replacement to PSO & realize its not? So far, PSU seems to be a good part of what PSO has plus more. The main reason one would want to play PSO after PSU is the story. Dont laugh, Im serious. If someone wants to play for the story, its always there. Of course, if you have friends on PSO to play with, thats a reason to. Just was wondering what you meant.