PDA

View Full Version : GC: The quest to complete Episode II (Ultimate)

OdinTyler
Apr 6, 2006, 05:08 PM
After a long journey, my Lv139 FOmarl, Masako, trudged through the depts of the Seabed, faced off against OlgaFlow, & the final battle began. After a long, arduous battle, he was defeated, & Heathcliff Flowen was freed. I had finally done it! Episode II (Ultimate) was completed & I watched & smiled as the ending came on. It's a sad, but, moving tribute to Red Ring Rico Tyrell & Heathcliff Flowen. I had seen pictures of this ending before. However, to see it is to know it. Again, a sad ending, but, fitting of these fallen heroes. They have been avenged & may now rest in peace...

Update: I loaded up my game again to go through the loot. Among other stuff I found dropped from OlgaFlow was a Gungnir+8 - 20% Native/30% Altered Beast/80% Dark. Yep. 80! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OdinTyler on 2006-04-06 15:37 ]</font>

Charmander02
Apr 6, 2006, 05:58 PM
Good Job.

Im only on Spaceship.

Eihwaz
Apr 6, 2006, 07:27 PM
I beat Ep2 on Ult a couple of weeks ago with my HUmar. It was hellishly hard, but also very fun. The beautiful ending sequence was worth it, too.

Dreadlock
Apr 7, 2006, 01:27 PM
Congratulations. Don't you love that feeling of accomplishment?

zuzzu
Apr 12, 2006, 01:47 PM
i beat it a week ago with my 133 hunewearl.. olga flow didn't seem that hard...but then again i didn't know what i was doing. i just stayed between his legs and smacked at his ankles. i didn't watch the ending though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

OdinTyler
Apr 12, 2006, 05:49 PM
I would've liked to have done it sooner, but, I'm glad I waited. Most of the challenge were attributed to some of the more annoying enemies in the Seabed: ex. Morfos, Delbiter, etc. Yes, I feel I accomplished something as it was a struggle. Idk why you didn't watch the ending, Zuzzu. You should really go back & do it again. It's a nice ending. I gotta say for once, Flowen didn't look all girlish as he had before (keep in mind, he's running as a FOmarl). He actually looked pretty good with a Psycho Wand. It's funny. I relied on my Red Handgun before & on Ult, I had to realize, I had to go back to my roots & stick with casting as the gun did jack. His Punishment attack is the worst! If it didn't take so long to get to OlgaFlow, I'd do it alot more as that fight in the elevator is fun! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

FlamingVolvag
Apr 14, 2006, 08:11 PM
Congrats on beating Ep. II on Ult. mode!! I still have a LOOOONG ways to go since I am only a level 119 HUcast. But didnt you get ripped off on your prize?

OdinTyler
Apr 14, 2006, 11:51 PM
Well considering OlgaFlow dropped a Gungnir+8 - 20% Native/30% Altered Beast/80% Dark on it...nah, I think he helped me out! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Eihwaz
Apr 15, 2006, 12:55 AM
Er, Olga Flow doesn't drop anything. His drop rates are set to 0%. >_>;

Do you mean you got that Gungnir from one of the post-boss boxes?

EJ
Apr 15, 2006, 01:01 AM
That's what he probably meant.

OdinTyler
Apr 15, 2006, 09:07 AM
No, I mean I got it from OlgaFlow. DarkFalz & OlgaFlow have a 0% droprate for RED boxes. That's true. However, they can theoretically drop pretty decent armors & do drop weapons. The DR for such items is treated like any other in the game, very random: crappy to good. So yes, theoretically possible to get a good item from 1 of them, but, highly unlikely. I cant take pics or video of my game so I can't prove I got it this way. However, the truth is OlgaFlow DID drop this item. Not directly from him, but, it was in 1 of the boxes after his defeat. Hope that clarifies things.

Ryna
Apr 15, 2006, 09:37 AM
On 2006-04-15 07:07, OdinTyler wrote:
No, I mean I got it from OlgaFlow. DarkFalz & OlgaFlow have a 0% droprate for RED boxes. That's true. However, they can theoretically drop pretty decent armors & do drop weapons.

Actually, they do not drop anything. There is a factor involved called the "drop anything" rate determines whether a monster will drop items at all. The drop-anything rate for Falz and Olga are set to 0%.

Neith
Apr 15, 2006, 10:58 AM
Falz and Flow themselves never drop anything- their DAR (Drop-Anything Rate) is set at 0%, meaning they will not, and never will (unless activated by Sonic Team) drop anything.

The only items you can get from those two boss fights are in the boxes after the fight. I've fought Falz/Flow a hell of a lot, probably in excess of 100 times, and never had anything from from them.

Eihwaz
Apr 15, 2006, 11:15 AM
On 2006-04-15 07:07, OdinTyler wrote:
No, I mean I got it from OlgaFlow. DarkFalz & OlgaFlow have a 0% droprate for RED boxes. That's true. However, they can theoretically drop pretty decent armors & do drop weapons. The DR for such items is treated like any other in the game, very random: crappy to good. So yes, theoretically possible to get a good item from 1 of them, but, highly unlikely. I cant take pics or video of my game so I can't prove I got it this way. However, the truth is OlgaFlow DID drop this item. Not directly from him, but, it was in 1 of the boxes after his defeat. Hope that clarifies things.

Uh, then the item came from the BOX, and not Olga Flow. >_>;

OdinTyler
Apr 15, 2006, 12:49 PM
Yes I got it from the box. I meant I got it from OlgaFlow as in I got it off a box. I KNOW they themselves don't literally drop the item. As far as I'm concerned, anything in a boss's boxes are items he 'dropped' tho technically, no, he didn't drop it when his body disintegrated. OK? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Geez, be happy for me that I got such an awesome wep from it, at least. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OdinTyler on 2006-04-15 10:50 ]</font>