PDA

View Full Version : Fragments of Memories

Ryna
Apr 8, 2006, 12:54 PM
Since I haven't seen any discussion about this quest, I figured I would create a thread for it. If you don't know what Fragments of Memories is, it is a new Episode 1 Ruins BB quest that was uploaded on the JP servers last week. The goal of the quest is to collect several capsules that were left by the Pioneer 1 forces. Fragments of Memories has 800 enemies (including 68 Sorcerers). If you'd like to read more about the quest, you can look at this guide:
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2427

I'd like to know more about the content in the capsules.

EJ
Apr 8, 2006, 09:38 PM
Is this the same quest that was suppose to be on cube also but got cancel due to coding problems?

I would also like to know the story about this quest.

PJ
Apr 8, 2006, 11:05 PM
The quest that came on GC for coding problems was a cross episode quest I believe

If there was any problem porting this to the GC version, it'd be the sheer amount of enemies. But considering, they still are maintaining the GC servers (As in, holidays), maybe they will give GCers this quest? I mean, I doubt it, more than 90%, but hey... it could happen http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

metatime
Apr 8, 2006, 11:47 PM
This was the quest? Wow this is interesting, no wonder ST released a EP1 quest on BB....

And yeah I agree with PJ it would be great if ST would release it on GC but knowing them, most likely not.

lonewolfy6465
Apr 9, 2006, 12:25 AM
Please give us that quest... it just looks like a lot of fun. (US BB pls)

Ryna
Apr 9, 2006, 08:03 AM
While working on the quest guide, I wondered whether this was supposed to be the last quest for GC PSO. Based on the storyline, one would get the impression. Still, I don't think any of us will know for sure.

Zarbolord
Apr 9, 2006, 09:35 AM
I think it'll be just that. Since the new age is comming out (psu) I think they'll concentrate more on that. Thay might add something more, but psu will eventually take over all the preceeding versions.

Eihwaz
Apr 9, 2006, 02:16 PM
As soon as this quest comes out, I too would like to figure out the contents of those capsules from Pioneer 1. I am sure they are of some significance.

MorningComet
Apr 10, 2006, 04:50 PM
Mabye the capsules have information about Ragol on them... Or something worth value like that.

EphekZ
Apr 10, 2006, 05:26 PM
Sounds really cool, and for whitills hunting a Guld will be alot easier =P

Saffran
Apr 11, 2006, 10:12 AM
OK, Spoilers:

The first capsule contains the following:
"We followed the first plans and started to secretly explore the underground and excavate what we found. The government and the army's joined action led soon to the discovery of what looked like the dorr to a complex building from a former civilization. We created teams to report excavations from these ancient ruins. The Labo was working on the language found on the objects. Their progresses showed that the ruins was a giant spaceship. Today we plan on taking things one step further and explore every part of this spaceship."

The second capsule says:
"As I said before, the operations were directed by both government and army, but actually someone stood at the top of both of them, and he was one of us. He was an invaluable help into fighting our way until the very core of this spaceship. There we found an unknown life form."

The third capsule says:
"It looked like the unknown life form was sleeping, but as our Leader approached it, it suddenly attacked. He was seriously injured then. We were overwhelmed by the being's immense strength, but it soon dwindled out - maybe because it was still not really awake? We somehow defeated it. Then we took the corpse and sent it to the underwater plant. I heard that our Leader was sent there as well in the emergency facilities. It's kind of funny that I didn't even know his name until this whole mess happened... That was Heathcliff Flowen."

Edit: I guess I should really learn advanced HTML http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif;

EDIT: The spoiler tag was designed for this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-04-11 13:27 ]</font>

Eihwaz
Apr 11, 2006, 02:25 PM
...I might be reading this wrong, but it kind of sounds like they sent Dark Falz's body to the Seabed facility. I say that because they says "our Leader as well", implying that Flowen was sent with something else...

o_o;

metatime
Apr 11, 2006, 02:35 PM
I posted this quest on the Sega forums and sent it to their customer support to see what they will say about the GC version.

metatime
Apr 11, 2006, 02:58 PM
On 2006-04-11 12:25, Eihwaz wrote:
...I might be reading this wrong, but it kind of sounds like they sent Dark Falz's body to the Seabed facility. I say that because they says "our Leader as well", implying that Flowen was sent with something else...

o_o;

Maybe the corpses DNA? Interesting that Heathcliff was in Ruins also when this happened.

Skorpius
Apr 11, 2006, 03:24 PM
On 2006-04-11 12:58, metatime wrote:
Maybe the corpses DNA? Interesting that Heathcliff was in Ruins also when this happened.

I thought we were already told that he was there. I figured he lead the team entering Ruins, encountered resistance by monsters, and Flowen was injured and infected with D cells.

Eihwaz
Apr 11, 2006, 03:33 PM
The plot of Ep2 reveals exactly what happened to Flowen, and we did indeed learn that his group entered Ruins, fought monsters, encountered Dark Falz (in his non-corporeal form), and was injured/infected with D-Cells. I could be wrong, but I think all of this took place before Ep1.

This new quest apparently reveals that whatever "body" Falz had (this was presumably before he had possessed Rico), was taken to Seabed research facility.

Saffran
Apr 11, 2006, 04:18 PM
Well, DF has no body. That was certainly the remains of the last creature he possessed - a mass of infected cells to boot.

AS for the spoiler tag, I guess I should have paid attention.

Eihwaz
Apr 11, 2006, 04:35 PM
That seems to make sense. The millenia-old remains of whatever he had infected last. I want to know what happened to such a mass of D-cells...

Are there only three capsules in this quest, Saffran?

Saffran
Apr 11, 2006, 05:16 PM
Yeah. One in each part of Ruins.
Took me an hour in Normal nuking my way through to take pics of the text for the last capsule. That quest just might be TOO long.