PDA

View Full Version : Old Times

Daly
Apr 8, 2006, 09:30 PM
Howdy!

I haven’t played this game since back in ‘03 haha. Anyways, I got a strange question; Has sonic team ever updated that pop up section of the Gamecube when you first logon? I think Sega called it “Top News”. Last time I remember them actually using it was for announcing Minhiro, and it stayed up for half a year.
Does it still say that? I always thought they could of used that section for announcing new quests and updates.

Oh, another question, I was playing back when whole ships and lobbies were full. What’s it like now? No more then 100 people on Vega, and 20 on the rest?

Thanks.

whiteninja
Apr 8, 2006, 09:33 PM
When I was on there in November, it was still saying stuff about that site...

I found the EP1&2 non-Japanese ships utterly empty... I once saw all of the EU with 0 people.

That's one reason why most people don't play there. >.>

Daly
Apr 8, 2006, 09:42 PM
Yeah dude, I had a blast on pso. I made my charter up to 196 legit on the ign ship. Denib 9 I think it was celled. But like most people back then, I lost it all due to corruption and canceled my account the same day.

I remember playing with c-mod or something like that, pso-mod… I cant remember the name but he held a garage sale every cretin day on a particular ship and lobby for pso-world. I donated a lot of stuff for that event.

Good times, good memories.

Dhylec
Apr 8, 2006, 10:03 PM
Heh, the GC online community is virtually gone, PSO isn't quite dead yet. It's still pretty much alive with BB.
I'm actually looking forward to re-live those times again once PSU arrived. ;]

metatime
Apr 8, 2006, 11:56 PM
The GC community is still here, in fact today there was a lot of people this weekend O.o which is odd since normally most people are spread out instead of condensing into one lobby.

The Japanese are always here, usually in good amount in peak hours like 400-500 players. Yeah I'm still as surprise to see that number but it shows up when you press X. =P

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: metatime on 2006-04-08 21:56 ]</font>

Fossil
Apr 8, 2006, 11:58 PM
The GC community on Sega's server is pretty much dead. But GC isn't dead, believe me.

sprky585
Apr 9, 2006, 01:10 PM
yeahp, i just got my BBA about 3 weeks ago, the JP ships almost always have 100+ and the EU has around 50 but the US, onetime i saw only 4 people in vega http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif and i thought xbox was falling out

ADE
Apr 9, 2006, 02:02 PM
Daly!!!

It's Ade!

PM me I have good news!

Eihwaz
Apr 9, 2006, 02:04 PM
A fair share of people have migrated to the "private servers", but discussion of how to connect to them and such is against the forum rules.

metatime
Apr 9, 2006, 02:15 PM
On 2006-04-09 11:10, sprky585 wrote:
yeahp, i just got my BBA about 3 weeks ago, the JP ships almost always have 100+ and the EU has around 50 but the US, onetime i saw only 4 people in vega http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif and i thought xbox was falling out

Yes most people move to EU servers because fsoders tend to come around vega 1 a lot then other ships.

Hippie
Apr 9, 2006, 08:59 PM
What stops the FSODers from following players to the EU and JP servers?

zandra117
Apr 9, 2006, 10:58 PM
On psox there are 350 people minimum online everyday with 200 people on the first ship and the rest spread across 4 other ships and at least 30 legit people in Dav 10.

metatime
Apr 9, 2006, 11:48 PM
On 2006-04-09 18:59, Hippie wrote:
What stops the FSODers from following players to the EU and JP servers?

Ironically enough former fsoders who fsodes other fsoders.

Its mostly only 2 people that fsod on GC now.

Charmander02
Apr 12, 2006, 04:40 PM
On 2006-04-08 20:03, Dhylec wrote:
Heh, the GC online community is virtually gone, PSO isn't quite dead yet. It's still pretty much alive with BB.
I'm actually looking forward to re-live those times again once PSU arrived. ;]

Yeah same, not even my brothers want to play PSO with me anymore...im all alone.