PDA

View Full Version : computer problems

EphekZ
Apr 9, 2006, 01:06 AM
the other day(like a week ago) i accidently kicked my computer. Now it randomly starts like, not sure how to explain it, but it like stops then starts again does this about three times then just like crashes. sometimes it fixes itself then it works for a couple hours and then crashes again. Im fed up with it. ive tried everything. a black screen sometimes comes up with a couple options. starts with safe mode, safe mode with networking, start with some other optiion(i forgot) start with last known good congiguration, and start windows normally.

ive tried everysingle one of these. when I try to start with safe mode it loads a bunch of sys' and then just freezes. the last too options do exactly the same thing it just goes to like load up then it does that for about 5 minutes and then turns off. Sometimes it goes to the blue screen(the one that comes up after you turn off your computer via power button) and removes like some cluster files or something which makes it work.

any ideas? I need to take it into a shop but I'd rather try to fix it without cost.

Deathscythealpha
Apr 9, 2006, 04:43 AM
Well, it may be worth checking you havent knocked anything loose inside with that kick. Pop the case off and just make sure all cabling is in firmly and is not loose.

I cant really recomend trying anything else past that.

Luis
Apr 9, 2006, 07:11 AM
I am sure that a kick wont make any software problems, this is a hardware problem right now, safe mode wont help at all, ill suggest if you never opened a PC before to call for some help, else, check the connections, power supply IDE or SATA cables, everything including CPU FANS, but i am sure thats a hardware problem that you will solve using hardware solutions.

rena-ko
Apr 9, 2006, 07:17 AM
you might have caused the read/write head of the harddisk to touch the data-layer with the sudden shock to the machine.
scan the C: partition with scandisk or whatever its called at your system and switch repairing on. it will take quite a while depending on the partitionsize.
since it doesnt seem to have affected a file that is immediately needed by your OS itself, you'll have to figure out what got broken and if scandisk cant repair the file, you'll have to reinstall the program it belongs to.

easy and time-saving but drastic way out: evacuate all your files, reformat the drive and set the OS up anew.

edit: ah yeah, to scan the drive, i'd recommend hooking the hdd onto another machine and scan it from there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2006-04-09 05:22 ]</font>

washuguy
Apr 10, 2006, 09:36 AM
We have people to that for us... You do know that right?

Draugar
Apr 11, 2006, 08:09 AM
Similar thing happened with the case I purchased when i built my tower, Its possible that the motherboard and the case are touching causing it to short out, if your fairly confident in your abilities remove the internals and set it up outside of the case, see if that solves the issue

Neromyr
Apr 15, 2006, 07:39 PM
you may also want to look into your bios. try disableing system cache and any other cache options. that should allow it to boot completely. alot of times a sector of the hard disk may get damaged. when the system starts up it tries to load some of the hard disk into system memories. if it loads a bad sector into memory it will crash the system and try again on the next boot. sometimes it loads a different sector (usually) but somtimes it loads the same sector. anyways disabling the cacheing bybasses this and tells the system to only use installed ram.