PDA

View Full Version : S/D/J/Z and ATA

Ailleurs
Apr 11, 2006, 01:22 PM
At the moment I'm playing a lv118 HUmar (please no flaming <_<). With 198 base ATA I can hardly hit a thing in Ultimate Crater *runs off to hunt Flowen's 3084 w/hit*. However, when I was playing with a team and s/d/j/z were cast I seemed to be more accurate.

Is there any relationship between my ATP and enemy DFP and my ATA? Or am I just imagining things? Thanks.

Maridia
Apr 11, 2006, 01:26 PM
I'm not sure, you may be imagining things. Though I seem to notice the same thing sometimes.

And holy crap, it's ABOUT TIME you got your butt registered! XD

now everyone's going to think you're a noob even though you've been lurking for years. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

GrumblyStuff
Apr 11, 2006, 01:40 PM
But if lurkers didn't have to hunt around for free email servers that can skip past the paid-email only requirement here, uh, well you see where I'm going with this.

In any case, that requirement made me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif for the longest time.

Dhylec
Apr 11, 2006, 01:43 PM
I do not think S/D/J/Z affect ATA at all. As you can tell they are power-up, defense-up, power-down, defense-down techs.

Maybe because the foes are weakened while you are pumped up, you get the feeling that your attacks get them better. Also, I think it has something to do with the Defense vs Evasion theory that appears once in a while.

Hrith
Apr 11, 2006, 01:59 PM
STFU n00b

Had to, Mel <_<

EJ
Apr 11, 2006, 02:03 PM
Actually you do hit the foes more when they are J/Z and you are S/D.

I think Zalure lowers the evasion but I have no proof beside saying when I attack ill gills with no J/Z with my mechs I always miss but when I hit them with J/Z my hits always land except for the few.

This is on ULT btw.

Jive18
Apr 11, 2006, 07:55 PM
On 2006-04-11 12:03, ForceEJ wrote:

I think Zalure lowers the evasion but I have no proof beside saying when I attack ill gills with no J/Z with my mechs I always miss but when I hit them with J/Z my hits always land except for the few.

I'm rather skeptical about this, but if Zalure somehow does lower evasion... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

From my experiences, I've never noticed being able to hit any enemies with Zalure easier than enemies without it.

EphekZ
Apr 11, 2006, 09:41 PM
I've noticed it countless times.

Charmander02
Apr 12, 2006, 04:38 PM
I've noticed the opposite with my FO...I can never hit anything going multiplayer but when solo i can usually hit everthing just fine.

Ryna
Apr 12, 2006, 04:45 PM
On 2006-04-12 14:38, Charmander02 wrote:
I've noticed the opposite with my FO...I can never hit anything going multiplayer but when solo i can usually hit everthing just fine.

In multiplayer mode, enemies have improved DFP and EVP (along with every other stat). So, you'll have an easier time in solo mode.

As S/D/J/Z theory, try out the following:
1. Find a teammate that can cast Jellen and Zalure
2. Make an Episode 1 Battle Mode Game
3. Go down to Forest.
4. Record your ATP, DFP, and EVP stats.
5. Have your friend cast Jellen and Zalure on you.
6. Record your ATP, DFP, and EVP stats again.
7. Compare the stats from steps 4 and 6. You should see that only the ATP and DFP stats were affected.

It is possible that lowered DFP will allow you to hit an enemy more often. After all, I don't think anyone has figured out exactly how the ATA and EVP equations work yet.

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Apr 12, 2006, 09:18 PM
does S/D J/Z change the actual stat of ATA/EVP? No....
but it almost seems like there are some hidden stats that are changed....
Either that, Or we are all just dillusional =p

Ailleurs
Apr 12, 2006, 11:01 PM
Yeah, I know that only ATP and DFP are affected by s/d/j/z. It just seemed like I was connecting with my hits more often when they had been cast. Seems like I'm just imagining things =P. Thanks for the replies everyone.