PDA

View Full Version : What type of player are you?

Spy
Oct 6, 2002, 11:34 PM
What type of player are you(or plan to be) in the PSO Team Dynamic?

Spy
Oct 6, 2002, 11:35 PM
Lone Wolf all the way. I don't expect people to help me out.

Agent_Reav
Oct 6, 2002, 11:48 PM
Sniper. As a RAmar I enjoy providing cover fire while my HUmar/Cast and Force pals get wacked in the face. No sound is quite as beautiful as a booma wack to the face especially if it's being dealt to a RAmarl... god do I hate that class.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Agent_Reav on 2002-10-06 21:51 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Oct 6, 2002, 11:52 PM
OTHER:
Shield, Sniper, Brute Attacker, Leader, Lone Wolf, Support and Trainer.

If I'm playing with low lvl characters to help them lvl up, I'm all of those. If I see someone alittle ways off being attacked by multiple enemies, I'll pull out my best ranged weapon and tag them quick so the person doesn't die. If I'm close enough I'll rush in with a multi-hit weapon like a sword or halberd type and take everything out thats surrounding the little guys.

Shield, I'll let enemies surround me and do a number if I can block or not take that much damage, or I'll get everything in a room to chase me while the other players tag them for exp.

Trainer/Leader, I hand out alot of stuff that I find when I'm offline and help low lvls figure out the stuff they haven't seen yet.

Lone Wolf, when I get in a team with atleast 2 other people, if there's a branching path in a lvl, I'll send them one way and I'll forge in the other direction on my own to collect stuff they might be able to use.

Damn, fond memories of DC PSO ;_;
*goes to sleep*

WeaponX3523
Oct 6, 2002, 11:58 PM
Brute attacker.

I hav onlee da killin on ma mind.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Oct 7, 2002, 12:03 AM
I'm a rambo-type. I run ahead and kill things, rather than being a good team-player.

Alisha
Oct 7, 2002, 12:04 AM
On 2002-10-06 21:48, Agent_Reav wrote:
Sniper. As a RAmar I enjoy providing cover fire while my HUmar/Cast and Force pals get wacked in the face. No sound is quite as beautiful as a booma wack to the face especially if it's being dealt to a RAmarl... god do I hate that class.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Agent_Reav on 2002-10-06 21:51 ]</font>

thats it buddy as soon as you get the game you me in battle im gonna have to teach you the pain that is associated with girl powa.......

SPECIAL_WEAPON_FOmarl
Oct 7, 2002, 12:07 AM
A leader.Since i've learned from SnAPPLE in c-mode and take the time to read over c-mode,i've become quite good at not getting hit at all in c-mode.One time I made a c-mode game to re-do the time and the people who joined where all new(one was a RL friend of mine).I asked them if they where doing c-mode with another char but it turned out they where all new to the current mode.

That was the first time I felt funny during c-mode because I always followed people around(never knew where we where heading) and for the first time I acually knew the map and felt pretty good when everyone followed me around.

Also,in battle mode this FOmarl girl that was really short started following me around when we where fighting two hunters(and we acually won)it was so cute when she started following me and asking questions.

And lastly,when ever im fighting I always like to make the enimies suffer....badly,I also like to keep the party alive by making jokes and trying to keep the players in a good mode to escape real life http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Gazebo
Oct 7, 2002, 12:08 AM
I chose support and brute attacker because, if I'm not going around cutting things up, I'm casting resta, shifta, and deband. But that was back when all my techs were level 15....

Eric
Oct 7, 2002, 12:12 AM
I like to sit back and shoot and heal people whenever they're close to dying

Agent_Reav
Oct 7, 2002, 12:18 AM
thats it buddy as soon as you get the game you me in battle im gonna have to teach you the pain that is associated with girl powa.......

BRING IT ON >_<;;;

Alisha
Oct 7, 2002, 12:20 AM
i like to lead by example

Alisha
Oct 7, 2002, 12:21 AM
BRING IT ON >_<;;;

sure thing =O

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alisha on 2002-10-06 22:23 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alisha on 2002-10-06 22:45 ]</font>

Sedric
Oct 7, 2002, 02:27 AM
I voted support, but that's because I like support techs so much.... Especially Deband.... They saaaaave my and teammates' lives all the time.

I mainly play around with different stuffs at different time. If I'm playing alone offline, I can't be support. So I go "Crazy Harry." If I play with people weaker than me, than time to bring some band-aids for myself. If I play with people stronger than me, than I guess I'm playing mainly support, and occasional short-range(?) sniper with handgun.... I could be a Lackey if the leader of the group can give clear instructions.....

Dang, I should have voted Other.

Kent
Oct 7, 2002, 04:26 AM
My role in a team would depend on the character I'm using.

If I'm using a Hunter, then I'm pretty much a heavy hitter, and I'll usually keep the Shifta/Deband on so as to increase efficiency in battle.

If I'm using a Force, I'll usually take a supportive role, keeping the party in shape and occasionally throw around attack techniques, sometimes using a heart/mind/soul/geist weapon to recover TP when needed.

AnimalMother
Oct 7, 2002, 05:13 AM
funny I didn't see Kicker of Rappy Ass up there. Few people pwn Rappies as hard as I do, so I think that option should be added just for me.

RavenTW
Oct 7, 2002, 06:34 AM
My role depends on my mood. I like to think technically and decide what would be best for the group, although he has no real consequence when your playing to upgrade your character, and not everyone elses. And somtimes I'll just follow orders, maybe give out a piece of advice or two.

It also depends on the character at the moment. I play hunters mostly, so I'm a heavy hitter. But when I use a ranger, I try to stop monsters in their tracks who can clobber allies if they get close enough. And if I'm a force, I tech them off (Get it? Tech, tick? Tick them off? Yeah yeah, bad joke) and give an occasional Resta or Reverser, and somtimes S/D.

<side note>With no more S/D, Resta, and Reverser for the strongest hunters, I think we're gonna see a few more forces than we would like to.</side note>

Wewt
Oct 7, 2002, 06:58 AM
On 2002-10-06 22:21, Alisha wrote:
[quote]BRING IT ON >_<;;;

sure thing =O

Noob basher...

I r teh broot attackur

Fallen-Angel
Oct 7, 2002, 11:16 AM
HU = Brute Attacker
FO = Support
RA = Sniper

...thats what i am depending on my class! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Ness
Oct 7, 2002, 02:43 PM
I'll probably be a mix of all of them. That and an EXP. whore.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ness on 2002-10-07 12:44 ]</font>

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Oct 7, 2002, 04:11 PM
Majority of the time I'm a rambo, or a leader. I love giving people orders, as long as they are good for the team....

HC82
Oct 7, 2002, 07:38 PM
My role depends.

Sometimes theres no need for a leader, the games not that hard. But in C mode, if someone knows the map then they lead.

I tend to handle the support and all strategies related to the teams well being.

Likewise I even tend to rush into a room and weaken the mess out of everything in there, but never unfairly steal kills.

Also how the team plays reflects my playing style. Selfish teammates will reflect in a more selfish playing style on my part. If someone likes to hog all the exp then I'll compensate by not using certain support spells. If you take away something from the aspect of teamplay, then I won't provide some of my team based qualities to you.

The only exception is when FOs naturally get screwed out of exp from stages like the Ruins. So ill be more agresssive, so I get my fair share.

In MMORPG I tend to be the leader.

labratpat
Oct 7, 2002, 08:06 PM
Since I ca'n't vote for two, I guess I'm a sniper, but more of a lone wolf sniper, because I do'n't really like people or group work. Also, I do'n't like to get really involved in fights. Just kick back and let the lead fly...

haterade
Oct 7, 2002, 08:16 PM
Me? Lone Wolf...as well as Brute Attacker. Fuck depending on somebody to help me out...I usually run ahead of the group if know I'm strong enough...hell, I'll even run off when I'm not... unless in C-Mode...

Spy, methinks you owe me a few games come US release...

Spy
Oct 8, 2002, 01:00 AM
On 2002-10-07 18:16, haterade wrote:

Spy, methinks you owe me a few games come US release...

Sounds like a plan. We can really fuck with all the Ragol critter's heads. They should be even more challenging then some of the intellectual 'snowflakes' around here.

rena-ko
Oct 8, 2002, 10:10 AM
brute force = attack and support (i'm force by heart http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif) with only slightly differences between chars due classtype.

Kenks23
Oct 8, 2002, 10:30 AM
Brute Attacker with my HU characters usually.

IceBlink
Oct 8, 2002, 10:49 AM
Other.

Why? I adapt to scenarios depending on who's in the game, what the conditions are and all that jazz. o_O So in one game, I could find myself the leader, the other, a follow, the next, the forward striker, the next, a quarterback... er... you know what I mean. o_o

And I have a feeling Snap is gonna force me to memorize all the maps this time round...

merlin
Oct 8, 2002, 06:13 PM
For Forces.....I absolutely LOVE the role of "medic/shifta/debander".

For Rangers.....it's Rambo all the way. Kick ass and take names.