PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Game

Anubis_
Apr 14, 2006, 12:41 PM
Got some extra change and i need a game to buy..

Anyone got a suggestion on a game to get...

somgthing good enough to make me late for work and be late for class

Deathscythealpha
Apr 14, 2006, 01:01 PM
Ace Combat 5. Atmospheric and addictive, the game just drags you in. Features a lot of cool set pieces as well.

God of War is also another good title if you havent tried that yet. Would also recomend any of the Nippon Ichi RPG's (Disgaea, Phantom Brave, Makai Kingdom).

Kizaragu
Apr 14, 2006, 01:43 PM
If you're into rock music or just enjoy embaressing yourself highly in front of others, I'd highly reccomend Guitar Hero. Simple yet stupidly addictive.
But then again it depends just how much "spare change" you have, considering it's a little more pricey than most PS2 games at the moment.

Other than that, I'd say Dragon Quest 8 or Shadow of the Colossus. Both excellent games. Ecspecially the latter.

Eihwaz
Apr 14, 2006, 01:48 PM
I'll list some discount-priced titles. I haven't played any of them, but I believe within reason you would enjoy them. Besides, they're all available for lower-than-usual prices, so if you don't like them, it's not like you wasted a bunch of money on them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

ICO, Castlevania: Lament of Innocence, Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill 3, Devil May Cry, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, to name just a few that I would buy.

Zelutos
Apr 14, 2006, 03:28 PM
If you want good games, just wander around stores that sell games and you'll often find bins of games [GOOD games], for 25$ and down!

I went to a Best Buy out of town and found tons of games i'd been wanting for 20 bucks each. I only bought a few, but...wow!

Rubius-sama
Apr 14, 2006, 03:43 PM
There's only two PS2 games you need: MGS3 Subsistence and Shadow of the Colossus.

Sinue_v2
Apr 14, 2006, 04:20 PM
If you don't have it for the PC already... get Escape from Monkey Island. It might be a bit hard to find, but it's well worth it. Perhaps the funniest game released this generation for any system.

Outrider
Apr 16, 2006, 12:35 PM
On 2006-04-14 14:20, Sinue_v2 wrote:
If you don't have it for the PC already... get Escape from Monkey Island. It might be a bit hard to find, but it's well worth it. Perhaps the funniest game released this generation for any system.

I'd suggest getting that on PC, though. You could probably find it cheaper. Also, how does it control with a gamepad? I don't know, I played it on the PC. It's definitely a game worth getting, though.

I have to agree with a lot of these games. The Metal Gear games are good, particularly Subsistence. God of War is supposed to be good. There are always the GTA games, which are all cheap nowadays.

You should really play Shadow of the Colossus, but if you need this game to last for a while, you should keep in mind that it's possible to finish Shadow of the Colossus fairly quickly. There's some replay value in the fact that you can simply explore the world for hours at a time, but you might not be into that. Still, try and play it.

Though I've only played it on Gamecube, I have to highly recommend Resident Evil 4. Easily one of the best games of this generation.

Sinue_v2
Apr 16, 2006, 07:03 PM
Well.. it plays a hell of a lot better on the gamepad than Secret of Monkey Island for the SegaCD. However, it's still not nearly as good as a PC can provide.

Honestly... it really doesn't matter what platform he gets it for. Just get it...

Hrigg
Apr 16, 2006, 07:14 PM
Dark Cloud.

Pretty fun RPG.

Ansatsu
Apr 16, 2006, 09:25 PM
Get Battle Realms. I got it for 5 bucks somewhere. It's ironic that its expansion pack is 70 bucks, and not very different I've heard.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ansatsu on 2006-04-16 19:26 ]</font>

Outrider
Apr 18, 2006, 08:25 PM
On 2006-04-16 19:25, Ansatsu wrote:
Get Battle Realms. I got it for 5 bucks somewhere. It's ironic that its expansion pack is 70 bucks, and not very different I've heard.

That's not even a Playstation 2 game (unless IGN just doesn't have it in the database). I think you jumped the gun and forgot the topic of the thread.

Zem
Apr 19, 2006, 02:51 PM
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. Great, addicting, gameplay, sure to make gaming hours useful and entertaining.

Logical2u
Apr 19, 2006, 05:58 PM
R-Type Final (Blindingly addictive to unlock everything)
Monster Hunter (Omg, PSO 3 PS2?),
anything Nippon Ichi except La Pucelle (ZOMG, awesome strategy gameplay)
and Silent Bomber (If you import) (Best game I EVER played on a demo disc...)

Deltra
Apr 19, 2006, 07:58 PM
Star Wars: Battlefront II. And play the online mode also. I dunno if your into car racing or aircraft sims, but if you are, Gran Turismo 4 and any Ace Combat game (My fave is 4, never played 5).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deltra on 2006-04-19 17:58 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deltra on 2006-04-19 17:58 ]</font>

Anubis_
Apr 21, 2006, 01:26 PM
Monster Hunter (Omg, PSO 3 PS2?),

I think I've quit PSO for good.. I dont think i'll be going back to it anytime soon.. or ever..

I think i'll stick pc online titles from now on..