PDA

View Full Version : XBox: Luck

GoD-Solja-
Apr 16, 2006, 08:04 AM
Why do you need luck? does it make rare items drop faster?

Neith
Apr 16, 2006, 08:11 AM
LCK affects your critical hits. The higher your luck, the more chance of a critical hit (100 LCK=20% chance of critical)

It affects nothing else, it does not influence rare drops.

sprky585
Apr 16, 2006, 02:16 PM
yeah, i thougght it helped rares drop faster until someone told me, i was like "...damn..." lol

Neith
Apr 16, 2006, 02:38 PM
Actually, LCK is extremely useful, particularly on a Hunter. Since critical hits do so much damage, having a 20% chance to crit is really nice.

GoD-Solja-
Apr 16, 2006, 03:47 PM
yea i have a lv29 Humar and his luck is 79 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif it should be 10

ANIMEniac
Apr 16, 2006, 04:24 PM
i would say from here you shoud save the rest of your mats for things other than luck. and evade mats are usefull in the long run, they help you block more attacks. at first i dint think much of evade... only power like a noob, but later on i found out what evade is for. so try not to only use alot of 1 type.

GrumblyStuff
Apr 16, 2006, 05:39 PM
On 2006-04-16 13:47, GoD-Solja- wrote:
yea i have a lv29 Humar and his luck is 79 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif it should be 10
Yeah right since you start with 10 and can only add to it in even numbered amounts.

Delfi
Apr 16, 2006, 07:20 PM
unless of course his wep adds 5 to luck or he is wearin an angel luck ? lol.

GrumblyStuff
Apr 16, 2006, 08:24 PM
DOH!

Touché, Delfi. Touché.

Lux
Apr 16, 2006, 09:49 PM
On 2006-04-16 14:24, ANIMEniac wrote:
i would say from here you shoud save the rest of your mats for things other than luck.

EVP is my least-priority stat, I think DEF is way more important.
First of all there are attacks you just can't block, especially in boss fights. Think of newbies getting killed by the dragons walking over them (or falling on them, duh..). Also think of Gal Gryphon flying against you with spread wings, it's unavoidable sometimes and you just need to take damage there. EVP is absolutely useless for boss fights actually.

Second: not getting hit sounds nice and all, but if you get hit sometime and you're pretty much dead it just sucks. It's a Resta-burner. And if you're a Hunter you should learn to avoid the enemy's attack anyway in the first place. When you get hit by someone and block, cool. The same happens though if you have high DEF and don't lose enough HP to fall to the floor, you can just continue attacking.
Rangers have no use for EVP anyway as they hardly get into melee range, Forces even less (at least they should).
EVP only gets useful when you can really rely on it and that's when you've advanced to the next difficulty already (aka "too late"). You can't boost EVP easily either (-> mag). Only with stuff like Delsaber set (which you won't use forever) and Evade mats.

As a side-note: was it LCK / 5 or LCK / 4 that calculates your hit percentage?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lux on 2006-04-16 19:56 ]</font>

Feelmirath
Apr 17, 2006, 04:56 AM
As a side-note: was it LCK / 5 or LCK / 4 that calculates your hit percentage?
LCK / 5

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Feelmirath on 2006-04-17 02:58 ]</font>

Deathangel333
May 24, 2006, 03:17 PM
It helps you find rare items faster and so you have a greater chance of hitting your enemy

xxTrystanxx
May 24, 2006, 03:27 PM
It has already been explained in this thread that LUCK does NOT help you find more rare items. Luck Materials and */Luck units only add to your LCK stat, which, as has already been explained, increases your odds of a critical hit. And for HUs, a 20% chance of critical is VERY nice, considering each swing in a combo, and each enemy hit by a weapon has the possibility of being a critical. Theoretically if you had 100 LCK and hit five enemies once, one of them should be a critical http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Ketchup345
May 24, 2006, 08:28 PM
Please do not post in topics that have not had a post in over 2 weeks.