View Full Version : I hate spanish.

Firocket1690
Apr 18, 2006, 03:35 PM
Rawr.

Firo went to school today.
Firo screwed up a project today.
Firo is pissed.

Where to begin...
Three weeks ago, my spanish teacher assigned a project - Diner. Split class into groups of four, and make a skit with a restaurant, menu, etc. Each person is to have fifteen lines, with a waiter/ess, and a few guests at the restaurant.
Firo spent the past three days memorizing lines, and got it down. Firo goes to school, and reluctantly dresses up in a french maid black lace shit looking thing/psuedo waitress. Firo fucked it up because my her teacher's a bitch and wants to videotape the thing and make people nevous.
My group blames me for forgetting lines. People think Firo's incompetent. This pisses Firo off.

Other people find Spanish an easy A course. I fucking don't. You don't see me laughing at your algebra II class while walking the hall on my way to go to my physics and/or calculus periods. Knowledge of a second language is not a basis to judge one's fucking intelligencem regardless wether or not its a state required course. Everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses, and that's bluntly stpuid plain common sense/knowledge. The fact that you don't see it just makes you seem that much more shallow.

... And yes, this is the same project Firo fucked up last year, causing a retake of Spanish I in sophmore year.

Sharkyland
Apr 18, 2006, 03:42 PM
Man that really sucks. I remember when I had to memorize a bunch of things for class then I was so prepared for it and when the time came. I just froze up. It really sucks that a project is your entire grade. That seems totally unfair :/

Eihwaz
Apr 18, 2006, 03:47 PM
D:

Sorry to hear that, Firo.

InfinityXXX
Apr 18, 2006, 06:09 PM
I'm sorry. The only reason I passed Spanish is because I was a favorite. My teacher was a foreign teacher so she expected everyone to understand Spanish easily. I personally don't see why certain schools require that you take a foreign language to graduate or to get a higher honor.(I took Spanish 1 and Spanish 2 and till this day I don't remember anything)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfinityXXX on 2006-04-18 16:09 ]</font>

Saraphim
Apr 18, 2006, 06:12 PM
I hated Spanish as well, so I switched to German when I was in Highschool. It's a little late in the year for that, but I feel your pain....

Daikarin
Apr 18, 2006, 06:56 PM
"Enrique, que pasa!?"

Well, maybe you'll like to know that it's hard for most spanish people to learn english too. It's about the way they exercise their tongue when verbalizing the sounds necessary for the correct pronounciation of words, without mentioning the practice needed to remember the syntaxes.

If you really want to do it, then I suggest watching spanish programs often to try and capture the fluity of the language at a subcounscious level. Good luck.

Charmander02
Apr 18, 2006, 06:57 PM
You hate spanish, try French. I swear that language is made to piss you off when you try and learn it.

REJ-
Apr 18, 2006, 06:59 PM
My school doesn't have Spanish class. We have ... FRENCH!!!!!! I would rather learn Spanish though.

Tomoki
Apr 18, 2006, 07:08 PM
Almost every school in America offers spanish, which is why I didnt learn it. The only place Spanish will get you is the McDonalds down the street. German, however, ist ausgezeichnet! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Dangerous55
Apr 18, 2006, 11:58 PM
I have German, well had but now have it in College. I speak it fairly decently. Do you HAVE to take Spanish? Because if you do, that is bullshit.

navci
Apr 19, 2006, 12:32 AM
That is the way I feel about math. And unfortunately, math is considered widely more important than language skills, which I have. At least once you get out of high school no one is gonna force you to learn another language, especially if you are in America.

Me? I am forced to take freaking math 100 after 10 years of not having to use anything fancier than subtraction.

Lux
Apr 19, 2006, 01:17 AM
On 2006-04-18 16:57, Charmander02 wrote:
You hate spanish, try French. I swear that language is made to piss you off when you try and learn it.

That will surely cheer him up - in fact it's the way I intended to make him happier (damn you).

I didn't think German was so popular over there, thought it was quite hated lol

The only thing I can tell you is that French is hated here, too. Seems to be an international plague (I #!@$ French!!). At last I don't have to take French classes anymore, phew.. Only have English now which I like.

BORBAN
Apr 19, 2006, 03:43 AM
I love listening to your bad stories they crack me up.

Otis_Kat
Apr 19, 2006, 06:56 AM
Basic Spanish can be useful. More and more spanish speaking people are appearing everyday. It's an epidemic really, why do you think every freaking kid show these days has someone who speaks spanish?

Dangerous55
Apr 19, 2006, 09:05 AM
On 2006-04-19 04:56, Otis_Kat wrote:
Basic Spanish can be useful. More and more spanish speaking people are appearing everyday. It's an epidemic really, why do you think every freaking kid show these days has someone who speaks spanish?

Well they should learn English, as all my relatives did. And don't call me a racist or bigot, I'm a quarter Spanish.

Stan
Apr 19, 2006, 11:24 AM
I have French, German, English, Latin and Dutch (duh) and I've had ancient Greek for two years.

Yay for languages :/

French orals suck (always forget my lines and just blab something) and german reading is terrible and listening tests too, oh I hate german. I always stuff in some dutch words and germanize them ¬_¬

navci
Apr 19, 2006, 01:00 PM
On 2006-04-19 09:24, Stan wrote:
I always stuff in some dutch words and germanize them ¬_¬

That sounds wonderful. I'd love to hear that.

Saraphim
Apr 19, 2006, 06:40 PM
On 2006-04-19 11:00, navci wrote:

On 2006-04-19 09:24, Stan wrote:
I always stuff in some dutch words and germanize them ¬_¬

That sounds wonderful. I'd love to hear that.

Just clear your throat!! LOL J/K http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Deltra
Apr 19, 2006, 07:54 PM
Firo, messing up that project must really suck. Bleh, I have to take 2 years of a world language coruse to gradulate from my high school. I think I'll take Japenese or German. Can't they offer something else, I'd like to learn Mandarin or Chinese, so I can communicate with my grandparents in my native lanuguage.

REJ-
Apr 19, 2006, 08:22 PM
On 2006-04-19 17:54, Deltra wrote:
Firo, messing up that project must really suck. Bleh, I have to take 2 years of a world language coruse to gradulate from my high school. I think I'll take Japenese or German. Can't they offer something else, I'd like to learn Mandarin or Chinese, so I can communicate with my grandparents in my native lanuguage.

Learn Japanese, then you can watch anime in its original language. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

zwandude15
Apr 19, 2006, 08:41 PM
Looks like the nervous bug got to someone. =

But don't sweat it.

I'm sure you don't hate spanish.

It was just the bad experience that made you dislike it for a while.

Usted tiene mas suerte que otras...

=/

navci
Apr 19, 2006, 09:46 PM
Can't they offer something else, I'd like to learn Mandarin or Chinese, so I can communicate with my grandparents in my native lanuguage.

YOu can also.
1. Sit yourself down and make your grandparents teach you.
2. Watch Chinese soap opera. :>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 20, 2006, 03:13 AM
On 2006-04-19 18:22, REJ- wrote:

Learn Japanese, then you can watch anime in its original language. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Or talk to all the short old Japanese ladies that come by the house.

They called the Chicken Little doll I bought my grandmother KAWAII NE!

-And also, when you hit college, there will be more foreign language courses for you to take.

Global economy people. It's nothing but beneficial to know more than one language. Someone with skills is not as coveted as a person with the same skills and the ability to translate!

Last time I said its good to learn to speak more thank one langauge, some bastard here in rants told me to shut the fuck up, just because he couldn't understand some people. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Maridia
Apr 20, 2006, 06:31 AM
Too bad, Firo. I know how it is about being nervous. In highschool I'd freak out about doing stuff in front of the class so badly that sometimes I would take a zero instead of doing it. I'm not sure how I passed. Oh well.

Perhaps Firo might do better if Firo stopped refering to herself in third person! ;o Better luck next time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Maridia on 2006-04-20 04:42 ]</font>