PDA

View Full Version : Hey! Let's blame one guy for everything

Saiffy
Apr 18, 2006, 08:20 PM
This has really been pissing me off the last few days(More than ever). How if anything goes wrong in this house, my family will immdiately assume it's me.

Yesterday, my sisters, cheap $1 sunglasses lense fell out, while I was upstairs, I never touched the glasses. My dad gets mad at me because my sister went crying to him(Literally). I was told to drop the attitude when I said "I didn't break the stupid glasses". Then when I went downstairs, he said to me "I'm going out, my laptop better not magically break" yeah, do I need to explain it much more?

Earlier, we were having problems connecting to the internet. I had played around with our router recently(A week ago), so they assumed it was something I did. I did restore the routers default settings, only to phone our ISP, and have them admit they had some problems. I don't get an apology for being blamed right away >_>

I bought a new GC with my money. My brother insists that it is his. Our old Gamecube we both payed for partially, and him the majority. Because it didn't work at all, and I decided to smash it with friends(What? It's fun), he thinks I owe him that new GC. He fails to see that stuff loses value, especially when they don't work at all anymore. Upon telling him this wonderour knowledge, I get a "Fuck you". Besides, I already gave him the value of the old Gamecube, I shouldn't have needed to give him that $5, but he's a baby.

I've always fessed up when I do something wrong, why the hell would I not be doing it, and insisting that I didn't now?(Or the last....as long as I can remeber).

I've often prided myself in being able to control my anger now, compared to the rest of my family who all have anger problems(And I admit I used to), but this is starting to push me -.- When I can hear them talking about me from upstairs, and I'm apparently not allowed to defend myself, you know things aren't good.

This is almost as bad as last year when someone on my hockey team told my dad I hadn't showered in a week, and he BELIEVED him. And then my mom believed my dad, and they still give me slack about it.

I've already told my mom if she needs help with anything she can forget it(I usually will help around the house if asked nicely, as do a lot of people, I assume). All I really want is an apology for being blamed for things I didn't do. And that's what I was initially talking about, then it kinda branched off with bullshit stuff my parents have done.

I realise I have a good family with minor problems. No need to point that out.

REJ-
Apr 18, 2006, 08:44 PM
An easy (yet morally debatable) solution. Steal back your money from your brother (plus some more, you'll know why), whom you paid back and is using your Cube, and when they say it's you, say it wasn't, then when he insists it was, hand him a few bucks and say "Here, keep the damned stuff, just stop forcing your shit on me" and march away before he can say anything, then next time he looks at you, give him the finger and tell him to F*** off. You'll have your money back, they'll notice you're pissed at them blaming you, and if you're lucky, they'll start to rethink what they're doing and stop.

Like I said, this might be below some people's moral standards, but most solutions I come up with will "bend" the rules a bit.

navci
Apr 18, 2006, 08:58 PM
One thing I'd like to ask you.
Was it fun to smash the cube, did you have pictures?

Are you the youngest and tamest of the family? That could be why. If not, well, maybe tamest. I'll have to say, you have a very bullyable personality.

Saiffy
Apr 18, 2006, 10:46 PM
On 2006-04-18 18:58, navci wrote:
One thing I'd like to ask you.
Was it fun to smash the cube, did you have pictures?

Are you the youngest and tamest of the family? That could be why. If not, well, maybe tamest. I'll have to say, you have a very bullyable personality.

It was fun, me and my friends didn't think to take pictures though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

I'd like to think I'm the tamest >.> but yeah, I'm a jerk at times

Lux
Apr 18, 2006, 11:03 PM
Maybe you're just the easiest to pick on. DO get mad, DO shout at them. Your sister or brother would do this it seems, which could be the reason why your parents don't blame them.

EphekZ
Apr 19, 2006, 05:20 PM
It happens to me also, I just ignored it so they shut up

Sord
Apr 19, 2006, 06:20 PM
give me back my eggo, godamnit! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

seriously though, I know how you feel. It sucks to be an outlet for somebodies problems, regardless of if it really involves you or not. I feel for you, hang in there I guess, learn how to give some really nasty wedgies *devilish grin*