PDA

View Full Version : 50 reasons LOTR sucks

geewj
Oct 8, 2002, 05:43 PM
http://www.pointlesswasteoftime.com/film/50reasons.html

eat your heart out http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Davion
Oct 8, 2002, 08:13 PM
I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT CRAP! HE CAN'T BE FOR REAL! Honestly! They stole Orcs from Warcraft!?!? That site can not be serious. There are sooooooooooo many stupid things in that I can't tell you. He has to be saying that to be funny. Oh I hate it, SO MUCH!

ABDUR101
Oct 8, 2002, 08:32 PM
He forgot to mention that LOTR stole the concept of Wizards from "The Wizard of Oz" ;_;

Guile
Oct 8, 2002, 08:48 PM
Hell yeah that movie sucked!!
but I ain't gonna read the list cuz I already know I did'nt like it!

RavenTW
Oct 8, 2002, 08:56 PM
At first, this was funny. Then I realized that he was over-scrutinizing a movie, most likely becasue he was one of those people who heted LOTR.

Smoke doesn't move horizontal. Neither does fire, and I don't see you complaining about the city-killing gun each spaceship in ID4 had.

Elves were stolen from some other thing and given different qualities. Elves are figments of our imagination. these figments can be altered and customized in any way movie producers see fit.

Wize peaceful wizard stolen from Hary Potter. BUT THEY CAME OUT AT THE SAME TIME! You can't blame them for somthing like this, unless they were spying on each other's progress.

Some Orcs wore tennis shoes. This is what we call a blooper.

At least he retracted one, making it 49 reasons, although Abdur's pointing out has re-balanced it.

Rotis
Oct 8, 2002, 09:18 PM
Surely you people eventually realized that it's supposed to be a joke :P

#25 was my favorite <g>

Davion
Oct 8, 2002, 09:20 PM
You know, I had a whole list of arguments that I was going to make to prove how stupid (I repeat, Stupid) those reasons are, but I won't. I will make one though. The very fact that he said New Line stole Orcs from blizzard isn't just dumb, It's downright aggravating. First off, we all know that TOLKIEN wrote LOTR, not New Line, and we also know that Tolkien wrote LOTR atleast 30 years before Blizzard ever made the Warcraft games. I Can't stand dumb people like that, I'd like to do something.

*Gathers angry mob

ABDUR101
Oct 8, 2002, 09:23 PM
On 2002-10-08 19:18, Rotis wrote:
Surely you people eventually realized that it's supposed to be a joke http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Thus why I posted my jest =X

I thought it'd be rather obvious as a joke. =

Rotis
Oct 8, 2002, 09:28 PM
On 2002-10-08 19:20, Davion wrote:
The very fact that he said New Line stole Orcs from blizzard isn't just dumb, It's downright aggravating. First off, we all know that TOLKIEN wrote LOTR, not New Line, and we also know that Tolkien wrote LOTR atleast 30 years before Blizzard ever made the Warcraft games. I Can't stand dumb people like that, I'd like to do something.

*Gathers angry mob

......<smack>

Sir, please remove the stick from your ass. That looks extremely painful.

LieutenantDwAnGStick
Oct 8, 2002, 10:20 PM
The ring, which is seen to be at least two inches in diameter at the beginning to fit the polish sausage-sized finger of Sauron, suddenly fits Frodo's child-sized finger later. I guess this movie takes place in a world where rings magically change sizes on their own.

this guy really never read the book at all. i find this one the most rediculouse. the ring does change size so that it canconsume the person so that its carrier can return the stupid thing back to mordor.

And, if shape changing rings only concerns you in world of orcs, elves, and magic, and wizards then your definatly a flaming moron

pixelate
Oct 8, 2002, 10:33 PM
pointlesswasteoftime.com/film/50reasons.html

Look at the link, and tell me if it reveals whether or not this is a joke.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pixelate on 2002-10-08 20:34 ]</font>

LostHero
Oct 9, 2002, 04:41 AM
I thank you kindly Fink. I havent laughed that hard in a long time... god bless the people who write things like that.

Deathscythealpha
Oct 9, 2002, 03:11 PM
On 2002-10-08 20:20, LieutenantDwAnGStick wrote:
this guy really never read the book at all.

I think that may of been one of the jokes in that site. He kept on bashing the movie novelisation. Anyone who didnt catch on that that site was a wind up after about question 20 must really be a bit clueless.

rbf2000
Oct 9, 2002, 03:42 PM
The mutated muscular soldiers of Mordor turned out to be hilariously ineffective soldiers, a dozen of them held off by a single dying human. Apparently they made the beasts by crossing Orcs, Goblins and the French. That is hilarious!

EDIT: Ooo, postcount=2345 o.o

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rbf2000 on 2002-10-09 13:43 ]</font>

BlackRose
Oct 9, 2002, 04:46 PM
XD

Sometimes I think a lot of PSOW'ers would make good gym teachers.

Davion
Oct 9, 2002, 05:26 PM
On 2002-10-08 19:28, Rotis wrote:

On 2002-10-08 19:20, Davion wrote:
The very fact that he said New Line stole Orcs from blizzard isn't just dumb, It's downright aggravating. First off, we all know that TOLKIEN wrote LOTR, not New Line, and we also know that Tolkien wrote LOTR atleast 30 years before Blizzard ever made the Warcraft games. I Can't stand dumb people like that, I'd like to do something.

*Gathers angry mob

......<smack>

Sir, please remove the stick from your ass. That looks extremely painful.

*Yanks stick out of rear.

Hey thanks, I didn't see that there. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Dangerous55
Oct 9, 2002, 06:06 PM
Holy shit Frink watch out you could give nerds a heart attack.

labratpat
Oct 9, 2002, 09:07 PM
BLASPHEMY!!! How DARE anyone say that about Lord of the Rings. It is some of the best literature on the PLANET!!! There are entire college courses on analyzation and in-depth studies of Tolkien's philology. Sure, the muvie was'n't the book, but what kind of half-baked, under-read bumbling doof (or doofi if several people wrote it) could write that? Obviously this homey... wow... it is THE number one seller of fiction/fantasy of all time.

LostHero
Oct 9, 2002, 09:11 PM
...some people just don't get it, do they?

Davion
Oct 9, 2002, 09:26 PM
*raises hand

My bad.

eRUPT
Oct 9, 2002, 09:32 PM
I need about three fitty.

Guile
Oct 9, 2002, 11:44 PM
On 2002-10-09 19:32, eRUPT wrote:
I need about three fitty.

Damn that lochness monster!!

Alielle
Oct 10, 2002, 12:10 AM
... What's wrong with you people!? It's a joke!! JOKE! Come on, I'm pretty gullible, and I knew it was a joke within seconds of reading it!

I'm almost ashamed to be a PSOWer now. ;_;!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/cheese.gif

Spy
Oct 10, 2002, 12:14 AM
On 2002-10-09 22:10, Alielle wrote:

I'm almost ashamed to be a PSOWer now. ;_;!!!

Welcome to my world. I swear some of the readers get dumber by the minute.

geewj
Oct 11, 2002, 06:51 PM
I spent like an hour looking for joke tags but i couldnt find any http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

I demand this site be givin joke tags so this never happens again!

I was sure that if the first 44 didnt give you the idea it was a joke, number 45 would.

"Why couldn't Frodo have been played by Christopher Walken?"

And to finish my post off with a simpson quote...

*Christopher Walken reading "Goodnight Moon"*

"Goodnight room. Goodnight Moon. Goodnight cow jumping over the moon."
Please, children, scootch closer. Don't make me tell you *again* about the scootching. You in the red, chop-chop.