PDA

View Full Version : Rico & Flowen

Nomahend
Apr 21, 2006, 04:46 PM
anyone know for sure the classes? ive been wondering for some odd reason lately. Im fairly sure Flowen is a HUmar but im not positive on Rico. anyone know?

btw my guess for Rico would be RAmarl but she could be a FOmarl for all I know.

DonRoyale
Apr 21, 2006, 05:00 PM
Rico's a HUmarl, because she's a human Hunter.

Flowen is HUmar.

Nomahend
Apr 21, 2006, 05:05 PM
Yeah, its kinda a given for that, since it talks all about her being a HUmarl during the game, but I was more sort of wondering what was her base character model. Who knows it could have well been a HUmarl, considering there isnt a playable one as far as I know.

Feelmirath
Apr 22, 2006, 12:49 PM
Rico doesn't really have a base character model. Pretty much the same as Flowen (ie. you can't make yourself look like them with teh h4x).

Neith
Apr 22, 2006, 01:01 PM
This topics been brought up tons of times.

Flowen would likely be a HUmar, but Rico has no assigned class.

She's not a HUmarl, because Red Mechs aren't HU usable, and not a RAmarl because most of the 'Red' set isn't RA usable.

So, she doesn't really have a class unless you want to say she's a HUmarl with GodofEquip

Protatora
Apr 22, 2006, 01:04 PM
Rico was abord Pioneer one. And on P1 they're not racist and they let everyone use every weapon. >_>

Hrith
Apr 22, 2006, 04:11 PM
Or unless HUmarl can use Red Mechgun and Rico's Glasses.

HUcast could use Red Mechgun on v2, where Rico first appeared.

Eihwaz
Apr 22, 2006, 07:51 PM
-_-;

Rico was a story character, not just some random Hunter. Discussing her in terms of characters is stupid.

And I'm fairly sure it says somewhere in Ep2 that Flowen had contempt for the Hunter's Guild. He was a soldier, not a Hunter.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2006-04-22 17:54 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Apr 22, 2006, 09:00 PM
He was more than a soldier. A commander in the military, many of whom looked up to him. If anything, he came to despise the Lab (which unfortunately was too late for him to do anything about). I could tell from his recordings that he wasn't the type to like bureaucratic nonsense. No wonder he was admired. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

navci
Apr 22, 2006, 09:36 PM
On 2006-04-22 11:01, UrikoBB3 wrote:
This topics been brought up tons of times.

Flowen would likely be a HUmar, but Rico has no assigned class.

She's not a HUmarl, because Red Mechs aren't HU usable, and not a RAmarl because most of the 'Red' set isn't RA usable.

She h4x.
It is funny while Flowen isn't a hunter he somehow also have a section ID and everything. >.>

Eihwaz
Apr 22, 2006, 11:02 PM
Perhaps he was a Hunter at one point? Or perhaps certain non-Hunter, high-ranking soldiers can get a Section ID?

And he was a soldier, technically, just a high-ranking...general. I think I lost that point. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

OdinTyler
Apr 23, 2006, 06:05 AM
Well, if you think about it, the Hunter's Guild is a type of special ops. In a way it's military (without actual affiliation with the military). Basically, the work the military can't (or won't) do, the HG is called in to 'aid'. For all we know, EVERY NPC within the story (& around it) has an ID as a way of organizing some database of personnel. The regular story NPCs have IDs, as do Rico & Flowen.

Shadowpawn
Apr 23, 2006, 09:15 AM
Section ID are used for identfication about the Pionners. It's not limited to just Hunters. However I would assume Sega was just lazy didn't want to give every NPC an ID.

Eihwaz
Apr 23, 2006, 04:53 PM
I always thought that the Hunter's Guild was basically an organization of mercenaries. They're paid money to do specific tasks for people. It could be argued that some of the quests aren't really "heroic/good"; in at least one mission you destroy data pertaining to Pioneer 1, IIRC.

OdinTyler
Apr 23, 2006, 08:34 PM
Eihwaz, I know the quest & I didn't much care for that aspect. I found myself kicking myself later on in another quest, realizing that the data could've really helped expose all the conspiracies in game. DOH! LOL As for being mercenaries, it's a good way of looking at it. If you look at PSIV, the Hunter's Guild had just such ppl: mercenaries, rogues, hunters, guardians, etc. People from various walks of life that took on quests for money, justice, revenge or what have you.