PDA

View Full Version : installing directx

fronebullare
Apr 23, 2006, 02:44 PM
I downloaded bluebusrt a while ago and could not play it. Today I downloaded the game again and found out that the reason it wouldn't run was because I didn't have directX.When I tried to download it, the process was canceled because "the cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted.Please varify the Cryptographic Services are enabled and the cabinet file certificate is valid."I have no idea how to fix this problem.

VioletSkye
Apr 23, 2006, 03:45 PM
Go to START then RUN and type in SERVICES.MSC
When the Services window opens look for "Cryptographic Services" and make sure it's STATUS is set to STARTED and it's STARTUP TYPE is set to AUTOMATIC. If all of that is ok, then let me know and we can troubleshoot.

Also do you have any of the Service Packs installed. I believe both SP1 and SP2 have fixes for some bugs in the Cryptographic Services. You may also want to run chkdsk on your drive. Also run the SYSTEM FILE CHECKER. It validates the digital signatures of all of the Windows system files, and restores any that it finds are incorrect.

To do that, go to START then RUN and type in SFC /SCANNOW

Make sure to have your Windows disk handy in case it needs to replace a damaged file.

fronebullare
Apr 23, 2006, 04:25 PM
Cryptographic Services are started and automatic, so we have to troubleshoot.

VioletSkye
Apr 23, 2006, 05:53 PM
On 2006-04-23 14:25, fronebullare wrote:
Cryptographic Services are started and automatic, so we have to troubleshoot.

Did you already try the other steps I mentioned? Also you didn't say if you have any service packs installed.

fronebullare
Apr 24, 2006, 08:49 AM
I don't have the service packs(I think I don't) and I did try the other steps.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fronebullare on 2006-04-24 08:36 ]</font>

VioletSkye
Apr 24, 2006, 10:15 AM
Try downloading it from HERE. (http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/directx.html) I'm curious to see if that works for you.

fronebullare
Apr 24, 2006, 02:11 PM
It worked

VioletSkye
Apr 24, 2006, 05:57 PM
Cool. Hopefully you are abe to play PSOBB now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

fronebullare
Apr 25, 2006, 06:22 AM
Nope,still won't work.When I click start game it looks like its about to start and it takes me to a black screen for a few seconds and then returns me to my normal screen. I might as well just stop trying.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fronebullare on 2006-04-25 11:56 ]</font>

VioletSkye
Apr 25, 2006, 02:01 PM
Hmmm, how about posting your specs here so I can get an idea of what your setup is like. Go to START then RUN and type in DXDIAG

then click on SAVE ALL INFORMATION and save it as a txt file. Then copy and paste that txt file into a post.

fronebullare
Apr 25, 2006, 06:14 PM
Its ok VioletSkye, I already uninsatlled the game anyway, but I greatly appreciate the help though,thanks a lot.
(this can be locked now I guess)