PDA

View Full Version : FanArt: Announcement

Kupi
Apr 25, 2006, 12:43 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Kupi/WritersBlock.jpg

Due to an inconveniently-timed case of writer's block, Chapter 13 of The Observer's Test will be late. Later than usual, at least. In the meantime, here's about 50 minutes of effort (I hesitate to call it "work", as that would suggest that something worthwhile resulted from it) in rehashing what must be the oldest "writer's block" joke in the book. Why Kupi is writing with a quill pen in a science-fiction universe, I cannot adequately explain. How a large grey hunk of geometry materialized out of thin air to fall on his head will also remain a mystery. And, naturally, why I drew and posted this baffles researchers to this day, but it happened anyway.

Thank you for your time.

DamonKatu
Apr 25, 2006, 11:02 AM
WTF!! HAHAHA!!

hay its no problem. some of us have all the time in the world

Kupi
Apr 25, 2006, 12:58 PM
I'd like to apologize for my tone in the opening post. I was in a bit of a... somnaic mood last night. I was not competant to be writing message board posts (or drawing, for that matter). However, since the initial response appears to be positive, I'll refrain from asking that it be removed. Enjoy the stupid look on Kupi's face!

trypticon
Apr 25, 2006, 01:55 PM
I'm sorry, you wrote that this took you fifty minutes to do? WTF?

Kupi
Apr 25, 2006, 07:22 PM
Yeah. Horrible, aren't I?

I actually drew in some guidelines before doing a first line-over, which I followed with a harder press-down to bolden the lines. And I was in a multiperson AIM chat at the time. I also gagued the time it took by the time between when I posted it and the time I mentioned (in the chat) that I felt like drawing something, so there's probably a good 10-20 minutes of slippage in there as well. Slippage such as actually scanning the thing, fighting my scanner to save the file in the right place, trying to find the darned file in my image editing software of choice (which has a sucky file-opening system), saving it in a new format using a completely different image editor, uploading it to the webspace it's stored on, and writing out the post. The picture itself probably only took... heck, I don't even know, given the fact that I was chatting at the time. I'd estimate a total pencil-to-paper time of anywhere in the range of fifteen to thirty minutes.

A talentless hack I may be, but it doesn't actually take me that long to draw something like that. See prior post about not thinking clearly when I made the original post.

EphekZ
Apr 25, 2006, 08:06 PM
might just be me but that pen looks like a cockaroach leg http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Kupi
Apr 25, 2006, 09:07 PM
...it does, doesn't it? Eeeeugh.

DamonKatu
Apr 25, 2006, 10:28 PM
hay, its ok. Some things we draw dose look like something elece but with pracice, you'll be able to do better.

Sayara
Apr 25, 2006, 10:34 PM
You my friend have the greatest reaction to having a giant block landing on top of yer nogging. XD

Solstis
Apr 26, 2006, 04:15 AM
Great, now I can get around to reading it.

After my finals are over. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Kupi
Apr 26, 2006, 09:21 AM
Heh, I feel your pain. I've got finals coming up as well. Thing is, it's been a full month of... y'know, not having finals coming up, and I still didn't have the will to work on it.

Personally, I'm astonished that this thread has so many views. O_o

DamonKatu
Apr 26, 2006, 01:40 PM
O Dear god o.o the finals are going to be a pain this year sence I have around 16 HOURs this sermester. XO Ill be glad to finish this year and manage to servive it all.

Yea, It happens sometimes when you dont exspect it but we cant exspect all things to happen.