PDA

View Full Version : Open JP/US Beta, you think there will be one?

Sessilu
Apr 25, 2006, 06:48 PM
Well, this topic may be closed but, what i'm trying to say is, what you all think about having a JP/US OPEN beta floating around?
It would be pretty good, in my oppinion, people would be able to try it, and ST could air it in channels that..well have popularity xD

But i don't know, i SERIOUSLY think there should be an OPEN beta, at least for us, EU/US or something.

Discuss
(Lock the topic if you want to mods <.<)

vitius137
Apr 25, 2006, 07:08 PM
sounds great.

on another note. why does everyone use that display pic? i used it too when i first signed up but changed it because i saw it being used already >.>

Sev
Apr 25, 2006, 10:04 PM
Have no clue on whether they'll do this or not. Since this beta is mainly to fix problems that arise in game and maybe with the servers they may not give us one.

Who knows though. Maybe they'll let us try it out. I'm sure alot of people would get hooked to this type of game given the chance to try it out.

Rubesahl
Apr 25, 2006, 10:25 PM
I don't think there will be an open beta for JPN PSU, I don't see a reason to do one unless its pure stress testing >_>; As for an Open Beta over here, I think its pretty much guaranteed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif They'll probably distribute it mostly for promotional purposes, which does work. Even XB PSU would probably get its own open beta like FFXI for promotional pusposes.

I know what I mean about the avatar >_> I'd honestly preffer custom avatars -shrugs- dunno why psow hasn't made that change in all these years, the mods here are more than enough competent to deal with obscene avatars lol Mine I've only seen in someone else so its not that bad >_>;

_Tek_
Apr 25, 2006, 11:18 PM
I want to learn a foreign language too, but my lack of inituitive and focus, and the slim chance that I'll travel anywhere is stoppping me.

Sessilu
Apr 26, 2006, 04:40 PM
Anyways, i have already tried to gather most of my Msn friends, some are really excited, and some are also really excited, everyone loves Psu!
So when i see Psu Beta, there has to be one, at least to 'stress he servers' like psobb, by gods sake ;_;

Velocity_7
Apr 26, 2006, 05:37 PM
I will mention right now that every so often we'd get crashes during closed-beta testing. It usually extends the server times by an hour, and it gives Sonic Team the message that they really might want to actually test it on a 24/7 basis, otherwise they will be in deep shit later.

Ziro_Natsuke
Apr 26, 2006, 05:44 PM
i kinda doubt there will be a open beta for us but I hope it will be, i mean anything is possible! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kayai
Apr 26, 2006, 07:42 PM
I just wanna play PSU asap no matter what way, Open Beta or release!

Uncle_bob
Apr 26, 2006, 07:57 PM
I would say it's POSSIBLE for an open beta for us, but don't get your hopes up.

patient
Apr 26, 2006, 09:17 PM
Stress test perhaps. Those don't last very long though.

mattrob2
Apr 26, 2006, 09:49 PM
they did one for blue burst so why wouldnt they do one for psu?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 26, 2006, 09:55 PM
The BB English beta was not a beta at all, but rather a "one month free" advertising campaign.

RoninJoku
Apr 27, 2006, 12:35 AM
If not a US open beta... perhaps a JP open beta? I would actually prefer the latter... As to flex my Nihongo

Sessilu
Apr 27, 2006, 09:44 AM
C'mon people, stop thinking, don't get your hopes up just because we will have to actually buy the game.
I think many people, including me, but not much, are comparing Psobb to Psu, Psobb is a game that didn't reach stores, but free to play, yet monthly fee, Psobb wasn't really big, but had a 1 month advertising campaing, like Fuzzy logik said, now Psu, Sega knows, and i know they know, EVERYONE's waiting for Psu, so if they think..
Hey, maybe if we advertise it with a open or closed beta, maybe we WILL get somewhere, i mean Psu's big afterall, don't forget last years E3 Psu won 3 awards, i don't remember any game getting any prizes at the beggining, correct me if wrong, and that was LAST year, 12 months ago xD

Anyways, if there's a JP Closed/Open Beta right now, there will be a US Closed/Open Beta, why not us? Why do we have to be deprived from the bigass love that is named PSU ( Ok that was weird but whatever ).

Hell if i need too, i'll make a Petition, to send to Sega of america, or even E-MAIL them a damn question, or some of the sorts..

Do not lose hope, especially for something as big as PSU <.<

Lux
Apr 27, 2006, 09:51 AM
On 2006-04-25 20:04, Sev wrote:
Since this beta is mainly to fix problems that arise in game and maybe with the servers they may not give us one.

Who knows though. Maybe they'll let us try it out. I'm sure alot of people would get hooked to this type of game given the chance to try it out.

Open betas are there for testing just like closed betas are and they are NOT for "demo" purposes, NEVER have been.
Generally there's a closed beta in the beginning to find the biggest errors, then there's an open beta for optimizing (you need a high player count for it so it's public, that's the ONLY reason). There's not always an open beta, though.

Sessilu:
Anyways, if there's a JP Closed/Open Beta right now, there will be a US Closed/Open Beta, why not us? Why do we have to be deprived from the bigass love that is named PSU ( Ok that was weird but whatever ).

Because we don't live in the country of the developers and don't speak their native language. It's easier and faster to handle for them so they ask Japanese people. Same case for World of Warcraft: there never was an Asian beta as far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong).
Also no one of us paid them for a US PSU beta so they don't owe anyone of us.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lux on 2006-04-27 07:56 ]</font>

Sessilu
Apr 28, 2006, 06:24 PM
But i think that it would be a smart move of sega to make an open beta of sorts, it really would.. of course it would throw some money away, but then again, games are made, and money's thrown away too..so yeah..

RedX
Apr 28, 2006, 08:35 PM
Open betas are excellent ways of getting peoples attention. It is like a demo but also allows people to report bugs. It also leaves people wanting something, thus making them buy the game if they want to continue.

Maridia
Apr 28, 2006, 10:25 PM
I'd love a beta. The BB beta was loads of fun, I think it would do a lot for making people who were unsure about getting the game make their final decision.

Sessilu
Apr 29, 2006, 01:27 AM
I agree, i had loads of fun with the BB beta, i met people that i don't meet on BB today, i miss the good ol' beta days...

See? This is the kind of feeling i want Sega to feel, what good memories and fun would create if a beta came?

vitius137
Apr 29, 2006, 01:31 AM
they should release a beta except with all the content. also, the beta should last for ever. that way we get the game free while keeping that wholesome pre release feeling. ^_^

Sessilu
Apr 29, 2006, 01:33 AM
Lol, don't wish for more then you can chew, the food might just bite ya and get no beta at all XD
But that would be good though ......:]